Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-10-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I'm never on here anymore, but I thought of something I want to rant about. Lol.

For a while I've been annoyed at churches that say "We have gay people at our church!" I mean, I'm glad there are nice Christians out there and I'm glad they aren't shouting "god hates fags" at a soldiers funeral, but it still bothered me for some reason. For the longest time I couldn't quite put my finger on why it annoyed me so much, but I've recently realized why. I feel like it's the equivalent of a church saying "Look, we're being nice to gay people!" It's annoys me because they're acting like they're the light of the world...all because they have the basic human decency to let other people participate.

I also find it a bit fake and sales pitchy. At least that's the impression I get from my old church. I've definitely met genuinely nice Christians, but I've also met nice but fake Christians. lol

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
09-10-2015, 06:28 AM
(08-10-2015 07:45 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  I'm never on here anymore, but I thought of something I want to rant about. Lol.

For a while I've been annoyed at churches that say "We have gay people at our church!" I mean, I'm glad there are nice Christians out there and I'm glad they aren't shouting "god hates fags" at a soldiers funeral, but it still bothered me for some reason. For the longest time I couldn't quite put my finger on why it annoyed me so much, but I've recently realized why. I feel like it's the equivalent of a church saying "Look, we're being nice to gay people!" It's annoys me because they're acting like they're the light of the world...all because they have the basic human decency to let other people participate.

I also find it a bit fake and sales pitchy. At least that's the impression I get from my old church. I've definitely met genuinely nice Christians, but I've also met nice but fake Christians. lol

Fucking seriously.

My aunt tries to pull that shit. She's Methodist, so they are fairly progressive... for Christians, anyway.

She'll insist she's not homophobic because she has a friend at church that is gay. But in the same fucking breath she'll say that she's "upset" that her church will be performing weddings for same sex couples. "I love Donna, but her lifestyle is an abomination. I don't hate gay people though." Dodgy

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
09-10-2015, 08:44 AM
Nobody loves me but my mother -- and she could be jivin' too.

(I'm half-joking here, but only half.)
09-10-2015, 08:54 AM
Another more serious rant:

The first 2 miles of my daily commute (by bicycle) are on a fairly busy road with a parking/bicycle lane on each side. A year or so ago, they restriped the road to make that curb lane wider -- for the express purpose of allowing bicycles enough room to pass parked cars (leaving the required 3-foot clearance) without having to go out into the main traffic lane.

So how did people respond to this? By parking semis (I'm not kidding), boats, etc. in that lane -- and even more annoyingly, by parking their cars 2 or 3 feet out from the curb, so that I still have to go out into the main traffic lane to get around them. I don't know if they do this on purpose because they hate cyclists, or if they just never learned how to park properly. Either way, it's extremely annoying, and makes my commute extremely hazardous.

This morning, there was a dead cat right in the middle of the narrow strip that I'm allowed to ride in. So I stopped and waited for a break in traffic, so I could go around it. Some passing asshole yelled out his window for me to "get out of the road!" WTF?!? I wasn't even in the main part of the road!

Tonight, I'm going to go home, turn off my cell phone and computer, lock my doors, and not leave my apartment until Monday morning. I am relishing the thought of a whole weekend with no human contact.
09-10-2015, 02:10 PM
(09-10-2015 08:54 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Another more serious rant:

The first 2 miles of my daily commute (by bicycle) are on a fairly busy road with a parking/bicycle lane on each side. A year or so ago, they restriped the road to make that curb lane wider -- for the express purpose of allowing bicycles enough room to pass parked cars (leaving the required 3-foot clearance) without having to go out into the main traffic lane.

So how did people respond to this? By parking semis (I'm not kidding), boats, etc. in that lane -- and even more annoyingly, by parking their cars 2 or 3 feet out from the curb, so that I still have to go out into the main traffic lane to get around them. I don't know if they do this on purpose because they hate cyclists, or if they just never learned how to park properly. Either way, it's extremely annoying, and makes my commute extremely hazardous.

This morning, there was a dead cat right in the middle of the narrow strip that I'm allowed to ride in. So I stopped and waited for a break in traffic, so I could go around it. Some passing asshole yelled out his window for me to "get out of the road!" WTF?!? I wasn't even in the main part of the road!

Tonight, I'm going to go home, turn off my cell phone and computer, lock my doors, and not leave my apartment until Monday morning. I am relishing the thought of a whole weekend with no human contact.

Parking semis and boats in that area seems like it should be a punishable behaviour...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-10-2015, 02:12 PM
(09-10-2015 06:28 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 07:45 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  I'm never on here anymore, but I thought of something I want to rant about. Lol.

Fucking seriously.

My aunt tries to pull that shit. She's Methodist, so they are fairly progressive... for Christians, anyway.

She'll insist she's not homophobic because she has a friend at church that is gay. But in the same fucking breath she'll say that she's "upset" that her church will be performing weddings for same sex couples. "I love Donna, but her lifestyle is an abomination. I don't hate gay people though." Dodgy

"Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are black..."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
09-10-2015, 02:22 PM
(09-10-2015 02:12 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 06:28 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Fucking seriously.

"Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are black..."

Absofuckinglutely.

How can you tell if someone absolutely is a racist?

They start a phrase with "I'm not a racist, but..."

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
09-10-2015, 04:28 PM
(09-10-2015 02:22 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 02:12 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  "Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are black..."

Absofuckinglutely.

[Image: l9WbOe3.jpg]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 5 users Like Smercury44's post
09-10-2015, 04:58 PM
(09-10-2015 02:22 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 02:12 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  "Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are black..."

Absofuckinglutely.

Or my favorite, I don't hate nig--

RED ALERT - RED ALERT
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
09-10-2015, 05:30 PM
(09-10-2015 04:58 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 02:22 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Absofuckinglutely.

Or my favorite, I don't hate nig--

RED ALERT - RED ALERT
THIS IS NOT A DRILL

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post