Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-10-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Omfg the gardeners left our gate open. The dog, who saw another dog and owner out on a walk, went over to visit them and then crossed the street!

The person walking her dog, noticed our gate was wide open and figured she'd take a chance and knock on our door.

I didn't believe her, then I realized I had let him out, I saw that gate was open and sure enough he poked his head up from some bushes!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-10-2015, 08:00 PM
(09-10-2015 07:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Omfg the gardeners left our gate open. The dog, who saw another dog and owner out on a walk, went over to visit them and then crossed the street!

The person walking her dog, noticed our gate was wide open and figured she'd take a chance and knock on our door.

I didn't believe her, then I realized I had let him out, I saw that gate was open and sure enough he poked his head up from some bushes!

Scary! Glad your neighbor told you.

I have to hope that someone would do the same for me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
09-10-2015, 08:12 PM
(09-10-2015 08:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 07:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Omfg the gardeners left our gate open. The dog, who saw another dog and owner out on a walk, went over to visit them and then crossed the street!

Scary! Glad your neighbor told you.

He's such a sweet old dog. But...there are coyotes and other shit around here.

Not to mention cars that drive waaaaay too fast down our street.

I told him he can't leave the house without his leash and a human until he's 20.

I think he understood me. Dodgy

When I called him, he walked right to me -- tail all waggy and happy.

Then after he ate dinner he pawed at me, until I took him for a proper sniff (walk)

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-10-2015, 08:34 PM
(09-10-2015 08:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 08:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Scary! Glad your neighbor told you.

He's such a sweet old dog. But...there are coyotes and other shit around here.

Not to mention cars that drive waaaaay too fast down our street.

I told him he can't leave the house without his leash and a human until he's 20.

I think he understood me. Dodgy

When I called him, he walked right to me -- tail all waggy and happy.

Then after he ate dinner he pawed at me, until I took him for a proper sniff (walk)

I have already lost two cats to coyotes, that's why Blue is strictly an inside cat.

All three of our dogs are around 20 pounds and wouldn't stand a chance against coyotes. That, and Cavaliers aren't know for their street smarts. Undecided The other dog would probably end up on the front porch since it's next to my son's room but then again, if she saw a squirrel, all bets may be off.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-10-2015, 11:49 AM
Gawdamit! Angry

My car is leaking again...inside onto the passenger floorboard. This happened a couple years ago and I had to keep taking it to the dealer and finally cause a scene to get it fixed. The condensate from the AC isn't draining to the outside...apparently the thing is a real pain to get to so my husband is basically saying - sucks to be you.

I know this progression...a little bit of a drip and then it gets to the point where it's like a faucet gets turned on every time I step on the gas from a stop.

I don't have the money to take it for a repair so I suppose I either crawl around to figure something out or I stop using AC....swell since it's still upper 80s /lower 90s here. fml

10-10-2015, 12:01 PM
(10-10-2015 11:49 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Gawdamit! Angry

My car is leaking again...inside onto the passenger floorboard. This happened a couple years ago and I had to keep taking it to the dealer and finally cause a scene to get it fixed. The condensate from the AC isn't draining to the outside...apparently the thing is a real pain to get to so my husband is basically saying - sucks to be you.

I know this progression...a little bit of a drip and then it gets to the point where it's like a faucet gets turned on every time I step on the gas from a stop.

I don't have the money to take it for a repair so I suppose I either crawl around to figure something out or I stop using AC....swell since it's still upper 80s /lower 90s here. fml

Are you sure it isn't antifreeze?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
10-10-2015, 12:09 PM
(10-10-2015 12:01 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(10-10-2015 11:49 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Gawdamit! Angry

Are you sure it isn't antifreeze?

Positive, it's condensate. When I had the issue fixed last time it worked for two years plus.

10-10-2015, 12:38 PM
Okay, convinced husband that water damage in my car/wiring/etc. is not a good thing. He blew air into the drain with the compressor and the water drained out. Will need to get a new cabin filter, I am sure mine is damp. BLAH

10-10-2015, 12:56 PM
(10-10-2015 12:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Okay, convinced husband that water damage in my car/wiring/etc. is not a good thing. He blew air into the drain with the compressor and the water drained out. Will need to get a new cabin filter, I am sure mine is damp. BLAH

I've seen this before. Does the leak get less when the heater is on? It was a leak in the heating hose and/or a bad thermostat in my experience.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
10-10-2015, 01:02 PM
(10-10-2015 12:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-10-2015 12:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Okay, convinced husband that water damage in my car/wiring/etc. is not a good thing. He blew air into the drain with the compressor and the water drained out. Will need to get a new cabin filter, I am sure mine is damp. BLAH

I've seen this before. Does the leak get less when the heater is on? It was a leak in the heating hose and/or a bad thermostat in my experience.

It's a flaw in the HHR and some other models. For now it should be fine again. May have to blow that drain out again but for now it should be okay. #it'salwayssomething