Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-10-2015, 11:59 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Why did I say I would make country fried steak today? Facepalm

Damn, it's a lot of work and makes a mess...then there are the mashed potatoes to make with it...damn. At least I won't need to cook again for a day or two.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Hubby woke up early and decided to bake a cake.

So guess who woke up to a kitchen disaster??

I shouldn't be that way. I know I should be happy he likes to cook.

It's just the mess. Omg the mess.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-10-2015, 12:48 PM
(11-10-2015 12:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hubby woke up early and decided to bake a cake.

Have you tried teaching him the "clean as you go" method? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2015, 01:20 PM
(11-10-2015 12:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 12:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hubby woke up early and decided to bake a cake.

I have and he pointed out that that's why he has me. Laugh out load

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-10-2015, 01:30 PM
(11-10-2015 12:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Or the "You make a fuck up, you clean your fuck up" method?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-10-2015, 05:14 PM
(11-10-2015 08:43 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 07:12 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I can't argue with the first part, but as for the second, I care. She wasn't always like that, and it's been sad to watch the decline in her mental state.

I also care because the consequences don't only affect her. My grandma won't get to see her oldest daughter, granddaughter and great grandkids as much because as long as my aunt is living with her, my mom and sister won't go back.

Thanks, jennybee! Smile

I think it's definitely hard to watch people you care about struggling with various issues. You want to help, but sometimes they don't want help or feel they don't need help. All you can do is offer your assistance and support and hope they take it.

Maybe your mom and sister can visit with your grandma in other locations? Maybe she can visit your mom and sis at their homes or maybe they can take your grandma out for lunch or out for the day so they won't have to deal with your aunt.

I'm not cutting her off entirely, but I can't fault anyone else.

Part of the problem is that my parents and my sister and her family live out of state, so coming to visit is an ordeal that involves either 13 hours on the road or flying with two little kids.

The other problem is that my aunt follows my grandma around. If grandma goes to Florida for the winter, my aunt goes too. She's even trying to convince grandma to sell her place down there so they can buy one together which is a terrible idea because among her other issues, she's also a hoarder. Facepalm

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
11-10-2015, 06:09 PM
(11-10-2015 05:14 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 08:43 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think it's definitely hard to watch people you care about struggling with various issues. You want to help, but sometimes they don't want help or feel they don't need help. All you can do is offer your assistance and support and hope they take it.

Maybe your mom and sister can visit with your grandma in other locations? Maybe she can visit your mom and sis at their homes or maybe they can take your grandma out for lunch or out for the day so they won't have to deal with your aunt.

I'm not cutting her off entirely, but I can't fault anyone else.

Part of the problem is that my parents and my sister and her family live out of state, so coming to visit is an ordeal that involves either 13 hours on the road or flying with two little kids.

The other problem is that my aunt follows my grandma around. If grandma goes to Florida for the winter, my aunt goes too. She's even trying to convince grandma to sell her place down there so they can buy one together which is a terrible idea because among her other issues, she's also a hoarder. Facepalm

That definitely sounds like a difficult situation. Hopefully your grandma will realize that your aunt's behavior is limiting her time with your mom and sister and her grandkids and decide to do something about it, instead of letting your aunt call all the shots. Family dynamics are never easy that's for sure.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-10-2015, 08:36 PM
(11-10-2015 08:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 07:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I wonder how successful I'd need to be at the farmers market in order to obtain venture debt for starting my own business? Consider
Can you get venture debt solely based off a business plan? Probably, not huh.. also probably not because I don't exactly have a degree in my intended business (or a degree at all for that matter).

What are you going to grow??

Nothing, I wanna sell pizza. Woodfire cooked pizza. I ultimately want a restaurant. Sort of pub style restaurant, nothing too fancy but certainly not a McDonalds "restaurant". Something I could franchise out.

The issue is that the pizza market is pretty saturated. BUT I wanna do slightly higher end pizzas than the competition and the key point of difference would be a big ass pizza oven and 'make your own' pizza. Pizza joints could do the make your own but they can't exactly put in a big pizza oven easily.

The other bonus is the market I wanna target, that being the evening/night market doesn't have any pizza places in town. They're all Asian or Mexican or Moroccan (in fairness that Moroccan place is apparently delicious going by everyone around me always going on about it).

The biggest obstacle I have is money but also the CBD here is dead. I can walk down town and every second store is an empty lot. The silver lining being that the night life is still in town and hasn't moved to the big shopping area out of town (which is why I've moved from wanting it to be an all day family place to more of a night time family/pub style thing). And I also have no experience in business OR making pizza... The extent of my knowledge on making pizza is taking a frozen one out of the freezer and cooking it for 15minutes at 200 degrees C.
11-10-2015, 09:18 PM
Either my ears are curling up or they were just always like that and I never noticed.
11-10-2015, 09:55 PM
(11-10-2015 09:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Either my ears are curling up or they were just always like that and I never noticed.

It's the moth's work.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.