Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-10-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(11-10-2015 12:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hubby woke up early and decided to bake a cake.

So guess who woke up to a kitchen disaster??

I shouldn't be that way. I know I should be happy he likes to cook.

It's just the mess. Omg the mess.

[Image: 13156.jpg]

Sorry, I google'd "cake mess" and got lost... Blush

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-10-2015, 11:13 PM
(11-10-2015 08:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I also have no experience in business OR making pizza... The extent of my knowledge on making pizza is taking a frozen one out of the freezer and cooking it for 15minutes at 200 degrees C.

IMO you need to go work at a pizza joint for a bit and learn the way it works. If you're planning to offer more expensive pizzas you'll need to sell them well - people in general go for dirt cheap over expensive every time, so there has to be some hook. They have to feel like they're getting a better product.

Examples of reasons why people might go for more expensive pizza:
  • Customer experience. More expensive = more genteel customers. They may not want to fight with drunk kids.
  • Better perceived taste. This means presentation is important. Also if your pizza is even fractionally more expensive than the competition's, they will expect it to be a superior product, so if you want to make it for cheap you're gonna have to get creative.
  • Your little gimmick with make your own pizza. There's a chain here that does exactly what you describe, called Andiccios. They have a website. Check it out. (Since it exists here, you might find a similar franchise in NZ, or they might even let you use their franchise model in NZ, if you wanted to go that route.)

Remember the more expensive your pizza, the less customers you will have, so you'll still be working on a tight budget.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-10-2015, 11:41 PM
Omg I'm aoooo sleepy.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-10-2015, 11:43 PM
(11-10-2015 11:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Omg I'm aoooo sleepy.

Running with the wolves tonight?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
12-10-2015, 12:29 AM
(11-10-2015 08:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 08:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What are you going to grow??

Nothing, I wanna sell pizza. Woodfire cooked pizza. I ultimately want a restaurant. Sort of pub style restaurant, nothing too fancy but certainly not a McDonalds "restaurant". Something I could franchise out.

The issue is that the pizza market is pretty saturated. BUT I wanna do slightly higher end pizzas than the competition and the key point of difference would be a big ass pizza oven and 'make your own' pizza. Pizza joints could do the make your own but they can't exactly put in a big pizza oven easily.

The other bonus is the market I wanna target, that being the evening/night market doesn't have any pizza places in town. They're all Asian or Mexican or Moroccan (in fairness that Moroccan place is apparently delicious going by everyone around me always going on about it).

The biggest obstacle I have is money but also the CBD here is dead. I can walk down town and every second store is an empty lot. The silver lining being that the night life is still in town and hasn't moved to the big shopping area out of town (which is why I've moved from wanting it to be an all day family place to more of a night time family/pub style thing). And I also have no experience in business OR making pizza... The extent of my knowledge on making pizza is taking a frozen one out of the freezer and cooking it for 15minutes at 200 degrees C.

I make a pretty fair pizza -- been doing it for about 30 years -- and probably making them good for the last 10....

My favorites - Italian sausage, ham, provolone, mozzarella and Parmesan, or sweet and sour chicken with onion, pineapple and orange peppers with mozzerella (no tomato sauce).....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Soooo... my boyfriend lives in one of the...more um...interesting parts of town. It's not so bad that his neighborhood needs bars on the windows (his neighborhood is actually pretty fucking awesome, rich with history, and borders the river), but it's not an area for a pretty young lady as myself to be hanging out by herself.

I ended up spending the morning with him because he got placed on call. Big Grin When he got called back in, I offered to pick up Chinese food while he showered.

So here I am minding my own damn business in the restaurant waiting on my to go order, trying to catch up on the five thousand TTA threads I've missed, when this guy with gold teeth, chains, and saggy britches interrupts my moment of chill. He's doing his smooth talk routine, asking if I lived around there "um, I'm visiting a friend." "Oh I'm from Memphis myself. So you married, divorced, into girls?" There was other fast talking Ebonics in there I couldn't understand and I was unnerved by him being in my personal space bubble - I don't have a big personal space bubble, meaning this guy was really waaaay too fucking close. "Umm...I have a boyfriend." He hands me a piece of paper while saying, "So how about you start hanging out with real men and leave the boys behind. Call me. Have a blessed day."

The clerk at the counter said, "Miss, your order is ready" and the guy left. I looked down and it had the name "$elect" with a phone number (With quotation marks AND the dollar sign as an S).

I think he was a pimp trying to recruit me. I'm wearing my boyfriend's navy Sesame Street shirt, black yoga pants, and black Nike tennis shoes with pink laces. I haven't fixed my makeup and I have a bit of bed head - I left natural curl in it yesterday and like I said, I've been at the boyfriend's house. I've never been confused for a hooker before. Maybe it's my rhinestone hoop earrings? Like, what the fuck? No

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
12-10-2015, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2015 12:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-10-2015 12:23 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Soooo... my boyfriend lives in one of the...more um...interesting parts of town. It's not so bad that his neighborhood needs bars on the windows (his neighborhood is actually pretty fucking awesome, rich with history, and borders the river), but it's not an area for a pretty young lady as myself to be hanging out by herself.

I ended up spending the morning with him because he got placed on call. Big Grin When he got called back in, I offered to pick up Chinese food while he showered.

So here I am minding my own damn business in the restaurant waiting on my to go order, trying to catch up on the five thousand TTA threads I've missed, when this guy with gold teeth, chains, and saggy britches interrupts my moment of chill. He's doing his smooth talk routine, asking if I lived around there "um, I'm visiting a friend." "Oh I'm from Memphis myself. So you married, divorced, into girls?"

Never get out of the boat.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-10-2015, 12:37 PM
(12-10-2015 12:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-10-2015 12:23 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Soooo... my boyfriend lives in one of the...more um...interesting parts of town. It's not so bad that his neighborhood needs bars on the windows (his neighborhood is actually pretty fucking awesome, rich with history, and borders the river), but it's not an area for a pretty young lady as myself to be hanging out by herself.

So here I am minding my own damn business in the restaurant waiting on my to go order, trying to catch up on the five thousand TTA threads I've missed, when this guy with gold teeth, chains, and saggy britches interrupts my moment of chill. He's doing his smooth talk routine, asking if I lived around there "um, I'm visiting a friend." "Oh I'm from Memphis myself. So you married, divorced, into girls?"

Never get out of the boat.

Laugh out load point taken

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
12-10-2015, 12:47 PM
(12-10-2015 12:23 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I offered to pick up Chinese food.
... So here I am minding my own damn business in the restaurant waiting ...

This. This is why the Chinese will deliver your order to your door. And this why you will tip them generously. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-10-2015, 12:52 PM
WTF is Ebonics?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....