Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-10-2015, 01:05 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(12-10-2015 12:52 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  WTF is Ebonics?

African American vernacular English.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Over spent my shopping budget at one store.

Under budgeted the next store.

Does this mean I was bad?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-10-2015, 03:01 PM
(12-10-2015 01:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Over spent my shopping budget at one store.

Under budgeted the next store.

Does this mean I was bad?

No. What would be bad is if you overshot your entire shopping budget at the one store, and couldn't go to the other stores at all. This is in effect what I did last week, and now I'm having to limp to my next paycheck. Good thing I was stocked up on the essential groceries.
12-10-2015, 03:06 PM
(12-10-2015 01:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Does this mean I was bad?

Definitely!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-10-2015, 08:20 AM
Fuck....it's happening again. Every free moment is dedicated to looking for new posts and visiting the shoutbox. Why u so likable,TTA? Whyyyyyyyyyyy

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 3 users Like Lightvader's post
14-10-2015, 05:00 PM
I bought some spooky black out contact lenses to go with my evil nun costume for Halloween. I've got a really fair complexion and blue eyes, so I was hoping they'd be really spooky looking. Well, they are, but they are frickity fracking uncomfortable!!! Sadcryface I've never worn contacts that felt like this. My nose wouldn't stop running the entire time I was wearing them. Not sure if I can stand to wear them for the party I'm going to, and these things were expensive and look cool damnit Angry

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
14-10-2015, 05:03 PM
(14-10-2015 05:00 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I bought some spooky black out contact lenses to go with my evil nun costume for Halloween. I've got a really fair complexion and blue eyes, so I was hoping they'd be really spooky looking. Well, they are, but they are frickity fracking uncomfortable!!! Sadcryface I've never worn contacts that felt like this. My nose wouldn't stop running the entire time I was wearing them. Not sure if I can stand to wear them for the party I'm going to, and these things were expensive and look cool damnit Angry

Did you buy them from a credible optometrist or a party store?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
14-10-2015, 05:06 PM
(14-10-2015 05:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-10-2015 05:00 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I bought some spooky black out contact lenses to go with my evil nun costume for Halloween. I've got a really fair complexion and blue eyes, so I was hoping they'd be really spooky looking. Well, they are, but they are frickity fracking uncomfortable!!! Sadcryface I've never worn contacts that felt like this. My nose wouldn't stop running the entire time I was wearing them. Not sure if I can stand to wear them for the party I'm going to, and these things were expensive and look cool damnit Angry

Did you buy them from a credible optometrist or a party store?

I got them from one of those websites that you can buy contacts from. They do normal wear contacts and some novelty lenses. They have the same dimensions and prescription as the contacts that I get from my optometrist.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
14-10-2015, 05:09 PM
(14-10-2015 05:06 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(14-10-2015 05:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Did you buy them from a credible optometrist or a party store?

I got them from one of those websites that you can buy contacts from. They do normal wear contacts and some novelty lenses. They have the same dimensions and prescription as the contacts that I get from my optometrist.

I'll have to tell this to my friend who just ordered some contacts. He's doing a Darth Maul cosplay and has enlisted me to help. What company was it?
14-10-2015, 05:12 PM

If you try them again, send us a pic? Some of those are cool looking.