Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-10-2015, 12:17 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(15-10-2015 11:13 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Was told I have a cute son today.

Yes. I get it. My daughter has short very light blonde hair. SHE IS NOT A BOY THOUGH!

Forbid I dress her in anything but solid pink. Not that it even makes a difference, since been told I have an adorable boy even when she's in a frilly dress.

If you aren't sure people, ASK! It's far less annoying.

When my oldest was little, I'd dress him head to toe in adorable boy stuff...trucks, dinosaur tee shirts, jeans....He even had a boy haircut.

People forever thought he was a girl. Seriously.

Now my younger son, who to me had cute blonde hair with just the sweetest curls i really refused to cut and blue eyes...could wear a terribly faded red onesie that nearly looked pink and they'd say "what a cute little boy."

Here I am bracing for little girl comments and got never a one.

People are stupid.

*says the girl who was bald until she was three and her mom had to tape bows to her head so people wouldn't think she was a boy.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2015, 12:33 PM
(15-10-2015 12:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Yes. I get it. My daughter has short very light blonde hair. SHE IS NOT A BOY THOUGH!

Forbid I dress her in anything but solid pink. Not that it even makes a difference, since been told I have an adorable boy even when she's in a frilly dress.

When my oldest was little, I'd dress him head to toe in adorable boy stuff...trucks, dinosaur tee shirts, jeans....He even had a boy haircut.

Now my younger son, who to me had cute blonde hair with just the sweetest curls i really refused to cut and blue eyes...could wear a terribly faded red onesie that nearly looked pink and they'd say "what a cute little boy."

People are stupid.

*says the girl who was bald until she was three and her mom had to tape bows to her head so people wouldn't think she was a boy.

That is so weird! Maybe it is facial features? I don't think Hobbit looks like a boy at all. How hard is it to ask? Lol

I was the same way as you, no hair till I was older, totally made up for it.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
15-10-2015, 12:45 PM
(15-10-2015 12:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

People are stupid.

Dodgy

Gonna have to disagree with you, Moms.

It's not stupidity, I can tell you that. Unless a kid is in a dress, I have difficulty knowing if babies are boys or girls. Especially the younger ones. I usually go with "cute kid" instead of a gender specific if I'm not sure.

Every parent thinks this, too. "MY baby definitely looks like a little boy/girl". I've been berated because I didn't know the gender of someone's spawn. Sorry, but you look at the kid every single day. You KNOW what the gender of that child is, and so to your mind, there is no question. I get this. What parents need to understand is that you look at your child through completely different lenses than the rest of the world. This is the first time I've seen your kid, I have no frame of reference. All I see is a tiny human that isn't quite fully formed feature wise. They're misproportioned and they don't have quite the distinguishing features that older kids and adults have. They're little squishy balls of cute, alright. But sometimes it is really hard to differentiate between a male baby and a female baby.

Besides, isn't infancy a bit young to be imposing genders on kids or someshit?

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
15-10-2015, 01:11 PM

I was on a poker run many many years ago with my ex (before we got married) -- she was riding her bike, and I mine.

One of the old guys - Crazy Jack - said something to her about her riding a "chick bike".

She was wearing full leathers - so he didn't notice titties.....( To be fair - a woman on a bike was pretty unusual back then)

When one of the guys corrected Jack -- telling him -- she IS a chick ---

He said -- "Oh sorry -- I thought she was just a young dude who's voice hadn't changed yet.."

That was his greeting to her for years -- "Your voice changed yet"????

Funnier yet -- he said the same thing to the next woman I lived with --- not really realizing it was a different woman......

Cool

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-10-2015, 02:16 PM

Could be worse...

'I didn't know you could get pet baby monkeys in Oregon. Where'd you find it?'
'What is that?!'
'The power of Christ compels you!! *splashes water at child*'

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 8 users Like Free Thought's post
15-10-2015, 02:57 PM
(15-10-2015 02:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Could be worse...

'What is that?!'

Haha! Good point.
15-10-2015, 03:06 PM
The word "boy" is relatively new. Female children were called girls while male children were called knave girls.

Anyway, children seem pretty sexless until around 3-ish. I also was a baldy until at least 2 or 3. I think it's a sweet look. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-10-2015, 03:53 PM
(15-10-2015 02:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Could be worse...

'What is that?!'

When my mother was on the nursing staff, she was mostly AIDS, geriatrics, or oncology. But occasionally she'd need to fill in for someone in maternity. She once came home and said, "You know how some say all babies are cute? Bullshit."

Apparently, there was a baby that looked like the spawn of a gorilla and Satan.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
15-10-2015, 03:54 PM
(14-10-2015 10:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Shit shit.

I was cleaning a toilet some of the cleaner splashed and got me in the eye. Just this little drop. Fml it stings.

Oh, did I mention the cleaner has bleach?

Just noticed a drop or two got on my blouse

Weeping

When I clean the bathroom ...

[Image: nbc-chemical-suit-german-military-b.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
15-10-2015, 04:12 PM
(15-10-2015 03:06 PM)kim Wrote:  The word "boy" is relatively new. Female children were called girls while male children were called knave girls.

Anyway, children seem pretty sexless until around 3-ish. I also was a baldy until at least 2 or 3. I think it's a sweet look. Shy

I do too! I think my hobbit is adorable and gorgeous! Lol