Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-10-2015, 11:17 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(20-10-2015 08:27 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm sick. Colds suck. Even my teeth hurt.

I also got my TB skin test and flu shot this morning.

My charge nurse assigned the same nurse to two different assignments. I was an hour and a half late clocking out this morning because of it. And she didn't even apologize for her fuck up.

I'm about to purchase a bottle of bourbon do I can make honey and lemon and bourbon shots to make myself feel better. But I can't have any until I clean out my very messy car and go pick up my boyfriend whose car just broke down.

Whine.......may get a bottle of wine, too...

Like because of the bourbon "medicine." Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
20-10-2015, 11:34 AM
(20-10-2015 08:27 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm sick. Colds suck. Even my teeth hurt.

I also got my TB skin test and flu shot this morning.

My charge nurse assigned the same nurse to two different assignments. I was an hour and a half late clocking out this morning because of it. And she didn't even apologize for her fuck up.

Tell me you didn't go to work with a cold. Tell me they don't allow you to come to work with a cold. Gasp

#sigh
20-10-2015, 12:36 PM
Fucking people.............

My SO and I are both ham radio operators... When her ex died, she inherited his ham gear -- and he had top of the line stuff.

Ten-Tec. American Made. High dollar stuff. The best they made. A monster of a HF transceiver (Omni VII) and a couple of linears. (power amplifiers) One 500 watt, one 1.5 KW. Serious ham gear.

Neither one of us really get on the air much anymore. I like doing some morse code once a year or so - and she likes doing contests. But, for the most part the big, high dollar stuff doesn't get used.

So - she decided to sell it.

SUDDENLY -- every buyer who comes along, sings a song about how "It looks like Ten-Tec is going outta business" --- and SOMEHOW this drives the price down, to near worthless.

HUH???

When Winchester went out of business (they reorganized) it drove the prices up through the roof on anything Winchester. Economics says supply and demand drive prices. If a product is wanted - and the supply becomes smaller -- it should drive the price UP.

The last guy that I talked to did this song and dance routine..... I told him --"Yeah buddy, Ten-Tec's toast..... Buy an ICOM" --- now piss off".....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Ranting corner
Fucking hell this day sucks. Goddamn this day. Goddamn it.
20-10-2015, 01:31 PM
(20-10-2015 12:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Fucking people.............

My SO and I are both ham radio operators... When her ex died, she inherited his ham gear -- and he had top of the line stuff.

Ten-Tec. American Made. High dollar stuff. The best they made. A monster of a HF transceiver (Omni VII) and a couple of linears. (power amplifiers) One 500 watt, one 1.5 KW. Serious ham gear.

Neither one of us really get on the air much anymore. I like doing some morse code once a year or so - and she likes doing contests. But, for the most part the big, high dollar stuff doesn't get used.

So - she decided to sell it.

SUDDENLY -- every buyer who comes along, sings a song about how "It looks like Ten-Tec is going outta business" --- and SOMEHOW this drives the price down, to near worthless.

HUH???

When Winchester went out of business (they reorganized) it drove the prices up through the roof on anything Winchester. Economics says supply and demand drive prices. If a product is wanted - and the supply becomes smaller -- it should drive the price UP.

The last guy that I talked to did this song and dance routine..... I told him --"Yeah buddy, Ten-Tec's toast..... Buy an ICOM" --- now piss off".....

People are dicks. If they can rip you off they will.
They probably saw 'women' and thought 'she wont know shit about this stuff'.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
20-10-2015, 04:06 PM
(20-10-2015 01:00 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Fucking hell this day sucks. Goddamn this day. Goddamn it.

Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
20-10-2015, 04:40 PM
Stick Pretzels are far superior to their twisted cousins.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-10-2015, 04:46 PM
Toast. That is all.
20-10-2015, 08:37 PM
(20-10-2015 04:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Stick Pretzels are far superior to their twisted cousins.

I totally agree!

Unless the twisted cousins are dipped in chocolate.
20-10-2015, 09:00 PM
(20-10-2015 07:27 AM)mecanna Wrote:  I can't carry on a casual conversation. No one can differentiate between me being friendly and me flirting, my seriousness is taken as sarcasm and vice versa. The only people I can keep around are asshats who want something from me. Any condolences or congratulations I offer are taken the wrong way and I get my head bitten off. Everyone will lie and cheat and shove you down just to get their way. Fuck the assholes I'm related to, fuck people, and fuck socializing.

Sometimes I can really relate to that. Hug
I hate being misunderstood, especially when my intentions are good and people read me as being condescending and insensitive. Any effort to fix the problem usually just results in more communication errors and further injury to feelings.

Consider, though, that time heals all wounds. If you're dealing with decent people, they'll eventually let it go, forgive you and move on. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post