Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-10-2015, 09:47 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(22-10-2015 08:57 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  "I'm sure you must be too ill to focus. Best to just stay in bed."

You so mean!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
22-10-2015, 10:25 AM
(22-10-2015 09:08 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Thet are cancelling Mythbusters...one of the few instructive and fun shows on TV. [Image: eDzIArf.gif?zoom=2]

http://www.inquisitr.com/2511458/mythbus...our-lives/

That sucks, but when they let go of the Tory, Kari, and Grant it seemed like cancellation was looming. Great show, gonna miss it.
22-10-2015, 10:44 AM
I broke the coffee carafe. Cleaned up the glass fragments and went to Target to get a replacement, got home and found my husband had managed to explode a bowl of clam chowder in the microwave…and then the carafe didn't fit in the coffee machine. Same manufacturer, different size of 12-cup carafe. Dammit.
22-10-2015, 10:52 AM
(20-10-2015 09:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-10-2015 09:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hopefully.

But how often do they get it right?

We haven't had rain in so long that I hope the odds are with us...it has to rain eventually - I hope. Undecided

I thought you texans prayed away your drought? Tongue

Ok, I'll go hide now.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-10-2015, 10:54 AM
(22-10-2015 10:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-10-2015 09:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We haven't had rain in so long that I hope the odds are with us...it has to rain eventually - I hope. Undecided

Ok, I'll go hide now.

There is a very simple explanation for this. Drinking Beverage

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-10-2015, 02:29 PM
So I, in the wise wisdom of the jewelry girl at work, "done goofed son".

context: At work I mostly do security which involves watching cameras among other things. Recently we adopted a "simplistic" method for watching cameras. We have 6 cameras (as opposed to like 15) that we now have to watch over high theft areas. I was a little opposed to the idea but it's working out alright.
One of the security staff is this useless old hag who drives me up the wall because she doesn't stop talking to me about shit I don't care about whenever I'm in her general area. One of those people you slowly back up from while smiling, nodding and fake laughing. I don't like her, she's a useless security guard and she's very rude to customers. But on the upside she gives me her shifts when she needs time off and they're nice normal 8 hour shifts. I was gonna do her Saturday tomorrow in fact.

Anyway. I get to work last night around 6 and I'm presented with a bag full of tags and empty packaging. Things that were stolen. And there was a lot of it. Apparently it happened around 10:30 in the morning when the old hag security guard mentioned above was doing security. She had done security until 11 until another guy arrived. When this other guy arrived he was given all these newly found stolen tags. So he looks on the security cameras and it's all from two girls (who were together). Basically they've grabbed a whole bunch of make-up, clothing and accessories (necklaces and shit), gone into the changing room, ripped off all the tags/packaging and left the store. All this happened entirely on the 6 cameras we're suppose to watch. You couldn't bloody miss it. This is the exact theft that we, and by we I mean the decent security guards, catch. Someone who leaves make-up section and doesn't go to checkout but instead goes towards clothing is instantly a suspect IOO (in our opinion). So when someone grabs literaly handfuls of make up and goes into the changing room it should be code red get a staff member down there asap.

Anyway, so I get to work around 6, he explains that this happened before he started and showed me the bag of shit. I'm asked to write it off as stolen.
So I start scanning and writing it off as stolen, noting the price of the goods as I go. So I'm doing that when this useless old hag comes down because she's finished work. I get a little shitty at her for this big bag of stolen shit and she just brushes it off like it's no big deal. So she leaves.

About 5 minutes later a guy I used to work with comes into the store to shop. Now this guy is a big fat maori guy. He came over and we got talking and I showed him the bag of stolens and started saying some rather nasty shit about the old hag security lady being a useless old hag who clearly wasn't doing her job.
What you have to understand is that this guy is a BIG Maori guy and I was standing side to the door so between him blocking my view and my angle I couldn't see who was coming in the door...
The little old hag stepped out from behind the guy I was talking too...
This was around 6:30 at night, it was dead down stairs and it was rather quiet. She herd the whole thing. THE WHOLE THING. THE WHOLE THING.

What does she do? she tells me politely that I don't need to cover her Saturday shift, the dentist canceled on her, turns and leaves. No annoying 10 minute talk nothing. It would have been so much better if she just called me out and we could have had a bit of an argument and left it at that. Now I dunno if she's gonna go to management or what.

In my defense the total came to $462.25 of stolen stuff and it was an incredibly obvious theft that should have been stopped. That's over a quarter of our monthly allowance/expectations for stolen goods. And she just brushed it off like it was nothing and doesn't even care.
It undermines all the hard work me and the other good security guards do when the retarded ones do shit like this so yea I was rather pissed off.

On the up side, if she sits on it and seethes angrily about it at least I wont have to deal with her stupid 10 minute stories any more. I'd be rather stocked with that actually.
22-10-2015, 02:41 PM
(22-10-2015 02:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I, in the wise wisdom of the jewelry girl at work, "done goofed son".

context: At work I mostly do security which involves watching cameras among other things. Recently we adopted a "simplistic" method for watching cameras. We have 6 cameras (as opposed to like 15) that we now have to watch over high theft areas. I was a little opposed to the idea but it's working out alright.
One of the security staff is this useless old hag who drives me up the wall because she doesn't stop talking to me about shit I don't care about whenever I'm in her general area. One of those people you slowly back up from while smiling, nodding and fake laughing.
I want wasn't aware laughter, whether fake or not, was a requirement Consider

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
22-10-2015, 02:50 PM
I had sort of the flip side...

I got caught up in a major layoff at a company I was working for -- as did a bunch of other people....

I was at the unemployment office -- where my brother in law's sister works.... So were were talking about it -- and I was filling her in on the axe drop --- but, "I was really glad that the asshole manager got the boot -- because he was such a sack of shit...."

We were walking around the office, and I looked inside a cubicle -- and there was the sack of shit.... I busted up laughing -- pointed at him - and told her --- "THAT's the sack of shit I was just telling you about".......

I about pissed myself laughing.... He'd heard the whole thing --- and didn't say a fuckin' word....

Priceless....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
22-10-2015, 04:32 PM
(22-10-2015 10:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-10-2015 09:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We haven't had rain in so long that I hope the odds are with us...it has to rain eventually - I hope. Undecided

Ok, I'll go hide now.

[Image: 0719a6150d239c1536a2c7cf906573d0.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
22-10-2015, 07:07 PM
(22-10-2015 02:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I, in the wise wisdom of the jewelry girl at work, "done goofed son".

One of the security staff is this useless old hag who drives me up the wall because she doesn't stop talking to me about shit I don't care about whenever I'm in her general area. One of those people you slowly back up from while smiling, nodding and fake laughing. I don't like her, she's a useless security guard and she's very rude to customers. But on the upside she gives me her shifts when she needs time off and they're nice normal 8 hour shifts. I was gonna do her Saturday tomorrow in fact.

Anyway. I get to work last night around 6 and I'm presented with a bag full of tags and empty packaging. Things that were stolen. And there was a lot of it. Apparently it happened around 10:30 in the morning when the old hag security guard mentioned above was doing security. She had done security until 11 until another guy arrived. When this other guy arrived he was given all these newly found stolen tags. So he looks on the security cameras and it's all from two girls (who were together). Basically they've grabbed a whole bunch of make-up, clothing and accessories (necklaces and shit), gone into the changing room, ripped off all the tags/packaging and left the store. All this happened entirely on the 6 cameras we're suppose to watch. You couldn't bloody miss it. This is the exact theft that we, and by we I mean the decent security guards, catch. Someone who leaves make-up section and doesn't go to checkout but instead goes towards clothing is instantly a suspect IOO (in our opinion). So when someone grabs literaly handfuls of make up and goes into the changing room it should be code red get a staff member down there asap.

Anyway, so I get to work around 6, he explains that this happened before he started and showed me the bag of shit. I'm asked to write it off as stolen.
So I start scanning and writing it off as stolen, noting the price of the goods as I go. So I'm doing that when this useless old hag comes down because she's finished work. I get a little shitty at her for this big bag of stolen shit and she just brushes it off like it's no big deal. So she leaves.

About 5 minutes later a guy I used to work with comes into the store to shop. Now this guy is a big fat maori guy. He came over and we got talking and I showed him the bag of stolens and started saying some rather nasty shit about the old hag security lady being a useless old hag who clearly wasn't doing her job.
What you have to understand is that this guy is a BIG Maori guy and I was standing side to the door so between him blocking my view and my angle I couldn't see who was coming in the door...
The little old hag stepped out from behind the guy I was talking too...
This was around 6:30 at night, it was dead down stairs and it was rather quiet. She herd the whole thing. THE WHOLE THING. THE WHOLE THING.

What does she do? she tells me politely that I don't need to cover her Saturday shift, the dentist canceled on her, turns and leaves. No annoying 10 minute talk nothing. It would have been so much better if she just called me out and we could have had a bit of an argument and left it at that. Now I dunno if she's gonna go to management or what.

In my defense the total came to $462.25 of stolen stuff and it was an incredibly obvious theft that should have been stopped. That's over a quarter of our monthly allowance/expectations for stolen goods. And she just brushed it off like it was nothing and doesn't even care.
It undermines all the hard work me and the other good security guards do when the retarded ones do shit like this so yea I was rather pissed off.

On the up side, if she sits on it and seethes angrily about it at least I wont have to deal with her stupid 10 minute stories any more. I'd be rather stocked with that actually.

I don't know why she'd go to management to complain. Seems pretty obvious these items walked right out the door on her watch. I just can't see her wanting to complain to someone about you being pissed it was her fault stuff got stolen. Unless she's that stupid. This sounds like a good situation. She is now aware that you think she's a dumb twat, and likely won't bother you anymore.

And dang, Girly really is sending Maori to try and fuck your shit up Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post