Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
31-10-2015, 12:42 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(31-10-2015 12:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Need advice....

You need two things, money is somewhat tight, so you've been saving.

Item number 1 (and i will add the purpose of the saving) benefits only yourself.
Item number 2 would benefit more people within your household.

You just learned that item number 2 is needed because its a bit worse than you originally realized -- in other words you thought that you make it last a couple more years and now realize that it really won't make it that long.

You have an option? Girly gets $10/day for food and booze. ... It's more than enough.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2015, 12:43 PM

Item number 1 (and i will add the purpose of the saving) benefits only yourself.

You just learned that item number 2 is needed because its a bit worse than you originally realized -- in other words you thought that you make it last a couple more years and now realize that it really won't make it that long.

Depends on how needed item 2 is exactly, can they live without it for a while? If it's something that is absolutely needed and cannot go on without then 2, if not then go for the thing, you have been saving for because you put all that time and effort into saving money for it you deserve it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
31-10-2015, 01:22 PM
(31-10-2015 12:43 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  

Depends on how needed item 2 is exactly, can they live without it for a while? If it's something that is absolutely needed and cannot go on without then 2, if not then go for the thing, you have been saving for because you put all that time and effort into saving money for it you deserve it.

Yeah...I had hoped that item 2 would outlast the dog (it's a sofa and he's 13), but the cushions sink on one side...yeah it's my spot. The broken metal has ruined the other side of the cushions. The hole is quite gaping though.

The other item is an iPad, my current one is messing up randomly and is around 5 years old. But I do have my phone and can use the regular computer for stuff when husband is at work.

It's like no good deed goes unpunished. I had almost saved enough money for my iPad earlier this year, but used that money to buy my kid a new laptop.

Dodgy

I could just continue saving for the iPad, but I wonder what will go to shit next when I have almost enough to buy it?

Probably the ducking washer.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

31-10-2015, 01:26 PM
(31-10-2015 01:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 12:43 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Depends on how needed item 2 is exactly, can they live without it for a while? If it's something that is absolutely needed and cannot go on without then 2, if not then go for the thing, you have been saving for because you put all that time and effort into saving money for it you deserve it.

Yeah...I had hoped that item 2 would outlast the dog (it's a sofa and he's 13), but the cushions sink on one side...yeah it's my spot. The broken metal has ruined the other side of the cushions. The hole is quite gaping though.

The other item is an iPad, my current one is messing up randomly and is around 5 years old. But I do have my phone and can use the regular computer for stuff when husband is at work.

It's like no good deed goes unpunished. I had almost saved enough money for my iPad earlier this year, but used that money to buy my kid a new laptop.

Dodgy

I could just continue saving for the iPad, but I wonder what will go to shit next when I have almost enough to buy it?

Probably the ducking washer.
So you think about the dog ruining a new sofa? Get a used sofa, that should keep the tablet savings somewhat intact.
31-10-2015, 01:32 PM
(31-10-2015 01:26 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  So you think about the dog ruining a new sofa? Get a used sofa, that should keep the tablet savings somewhat intact.

The dog won't ruin a new sofa, just stink it up because he's old and doesn't like to lay on the floor. He likes his pillow, blanket and just snuggles down.

Yes, he's spoiled. He gets frustrated when we have guests.

My need to sit in one spot has ruined our current sofa more than the dog.

31-10-2015, 01:36 PM
(31-10-2015 01:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 01:26 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  So you think about the dog ruining a new sofa? Get a used sofa, that should keep the tablet savings somewhat intact.

The dog won't ruin a new sofa, just stink it up because he's old and doesn't like to lay on the floor. He likes his pillow, blanket and just snuggles down.

Still an used one could be a tolerable solution? It wouldn't be bad that he stink it up as it's a temporary solution. And you can keep a chunk of your savings.
31-10-2015, 03:21 PM
(31-10-2015 01:36 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 01:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The dog won't ruin a new sofa, just stink it up because he's old and doesn't like to lay on the floor. He likes his pillow, blanket and just snuggles down.

Still an used one could be a tolerable solution? It wouldn't be bad that he stink it up as it's a temporary solution. And you can keep a chunk of your savings.

Ok...so I'm picky.

The sofas I'd like are too expensive. I mean for a hundred bucks more I could buy a cheap one from Ikea.

Just an aside because I don't want to just start a new post. My dog threw up last night and I kinda forgot.

He started doing that bouncy thing he does when he wants to eat.

So I had to go to the store and buy some potatoes, cottage cheese and chicken.

Right now i am boiling the chicken thighs, and the potatoes. The eggs too are being hard boiled.

I'll probably tosss in a little banana too. Dodgy

The shit I do for family. Dodgy

01-11-2015, 01:02 AM
(31-10-2015 03:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 01:36 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Still an used one could be a tolerable solution? It wouldn't be bad that he stink it up as it's a temporary solution. And you can keep a chunk of your savings.

Ok...so I'm picky.

The sofas I'd like are too expensive. I mean for a hundred bucks more I could buy a cheap one from Ikea.

Just an aside because I don't want to just start a new post. My dog threw up last night and I kinda forgot.

He started doing that bouncy thing he does when he wants to eat.

So I had to go to the store and buy some potatoes, cottage cheese and chicken.

Right now i am boiling the chicken thighs, and the potatoes. The eggs too are being hard boiled.

I'll probably tosss in a little banana too. Dodgy

The shit I do for family. Dodgy
So it seems you have chosen option number two.
01-11-2015, 01:04 AM
Just fucking great. Charting system is now down for 90 minutes - and I JUST sat down for the first time tonight to chart my assessments because I've been running my ass off. And the time change is fucking with drawing labs (we draw them at 0200), not to mention I'm really fucking tired and I have to work an extra hour.

Angry

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
01-11-2015, 07:55 AM
So last night sucked ass. I'm en route to my house to drink beer. I just learned that because I don't complain and I'm great with difficult patients is why I get the shit assignments. So I get my ass kicked every night while other people call in and request 1:1 assignments. What the fuck?! Thanks for punishing your hard workers. Those bitches don't help their neighbors - they sit at the desk and talk shit about other nurses. THIS is why I'm looking for a new job, bullshit like this. Apparently they haven't learned the concept of keeping your best employees happy.

One of my patients called out every 10-15 minutes last night, whether it was hitting the call button or yelling "Nurse!". For my entire 14 hour shift. I'm at my limit. I'm one step below rage.

I submitted my application to the ED Friday night. At least the personalities there tell you to their face if they have a problem with you instead of spreading unfounded rumors.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman