Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-11-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-11-2015 07:14 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  A good guy I used to work with is on morphine drip and isn't expected to make it past this weekend.

It's a bit past the anniversary that a girl I grew up with and considered family killed herself.

Two others have killed themselves this year.

Shit.
So sorry.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
06-11-2015, 07:27 PM
(06-11-2015 07:14 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  A good guy I used to work with is on morphine drip and isn't expected to make it past this weekend.

It's a bit past the anniversary that a girl I grew up with and considered family killed herself.

Shit.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Damn, sorry about that.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
06-11-2015, 09:27 PM

Shit.

Well shit Undecided I'm so sorry Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
08-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Clockwork...first Hug I'm sorry for your friend...

Onto my rant....

Aaaand I got rear ended.

Driving down the road, someone kinda stopped short, I stopped, car behind me didn't. Wet roads and all that.

Can't say that Sid was hurt, not really dented even, just a weird impression of the other car's license plate on my bumper. That said I was kinda surprised because I thought something would be broken -- it seemed to be quite a wallop.

Husband said when we got home, he couldn't see it...I can, it was pretty obvious. But I doubt it's worth the hassle dealing with insurance companies and all that. Unsure

Car seems fine to drive. Hatch opens and closes, no lights on the dash....

Thoughts?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-11-2015, 03:40 PM
(08-11-2015 03:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Aaaand I got rear ended.

Driving down the road, someone kinda stopped short, I stopped, car behind me didn't. Wet roads and all that.

Can't say that Sid was hurt, not really dented even, just a weird impression of the other car's license plate on my bumper. That said I was kinda surprised because I thought something would be broken -- it seemed to be quite a wallop.

Husband said when we got home, he couldn't see it...I can, it was pretty obvious. But I doubt it's worth the hassle dealing with insurance companies and all that. Unsure

Thoughts?

If it's just cosmetic that I could live with, I'd let the other drivers insurance cut me a check.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
08-11-2015, 03:46 PM
(08-11-2015 03:40 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 03:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Aaaand I got rear ended.

Thoughts?

If it's just cosmetic that I could live with, I'd let the other drivers insurance cut me a check.

It is just cosmetic (that was the word I couldn't think of). I know in California many of the insurance companies won't just cut a check. They send money just to repair places.

I really didn't even think of that.

08-11-2015, 03:50 PM
(08-11-2015 03:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 03:40 PM)pablo Wrote:  If it's just cosmetic that I could live with, I'd let the other drivers insurance cut me a check.

It is just cosmetic (that was the word I couldn't think of). I know in California many of the insurance companies won't just cut a check. They send money just to repair places.

Are you okay? You may want to report it to insurance so that if you get all sore and stuff there will be a record of it. Also, you may find issues with the car later. You weren't at fault so it won't hurt to get word to your agent.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-11-2015, 04:04 PM
(08-11-2015 03:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 03:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It is just cosmetic (that was the word I couldn't think of). I know in California many of the insurance companies won't just cut a check. They send money just to repair places.

Are you okay? You may want to report it to insurance so that if you get all sore and stuff there will be a record of it. Also, you may find issues with the car later. You weren't at fault so it won't hurt to get word to your agent.

No, we're fine. Older kid was with me. Smile I've got a headache and was shook up a little. This isn't something that happens to me everyday.

I guess if the car wasn't new, I wouldn't be fussed at all.

But you do make a good point. Also it's kinda likely to bug me...maybe.

08-11-2015, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2015 05:05 PM by Clockwork.)
Ranting corner
Thanks, everyone. He died today. I found out that he just found out about his cancer last week.