Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-11-2015, 06:59 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(11-11-2015 06:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 05:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  The dog gets most of its exercise through the interspersed hour or two she gets on the balcony; where she'll run around and play. She used to be able to move freely when she was taken down to attend to toiletry matters, but the Overlords got sick of her 'misbehaving' (See: doing dog shit), and have returned her to the leash on her trips.
She isn't believed to be well behaved enough to be taken for walks yet.

People shouldn't get dogs if they're not prepared to put in the effort to ensure they have a good life. Since you guys now *have* got such a dog, y'all better man the fuck up and exercise it, or find a better home for it.

Getting the puppy was not my choice. I opposed the decision. It was my mother's idea because I guess she thought it was about time to get a replacement for the family's previous dog which died fairly recently, for herself.

As for me 'manning the fuck up', you clearly have missed the sort of house I live in and the power dynamics within it if you think I've got any sort of say in anything here. The last time I tied to be assertive was in my own defence when I was accused of not resting during a period where I was so sick I couldn't stand for more than a minute for a week. This resulted in a shouting match between myself and my mother's de facto which left the continued existence of the fucking household in question. From my point of view based on previous experiences I can't do shit without risking the continued happiness of my mother and sanity of my brother (whose autism makes him exceedingly sensitive to fucking eeeverything).
If I suddenly start messing with the way the Overlord wants the dog to be, that'll bring issues that frankly I lack the mental stability to deal with in an adult and rational manner; I have my own mental health to figure out and I don't need that sort of pressure pushing on me even more than everything already is.

I have tried to communicate my ideas and desires regarding the dog's behaviour and well-being on numerous occasions, only to be shot down each time. I think they do care about their dog, but they (or rather, he if I am to be honest with my own wording and assessment) is just too blinded by his own conceit to see that his may not be the best way.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2015, 07:05 AM
I fucking hate my biology professor at my university. We started the final genetics unit today, evolution. And instead of starting lecture immediately, my professor decided we should have one big group discussion about misconceptions, basic concepts we already know, and why it is what it is.

So we have this talk about science and religion not crossing bridges as one is faith based and the other is fact based. After hearing from three Muslim's that they don't believe in it, he didn't dismiss them. He let them speak, and asked them which parts they don't believe. He himself has said it so many times "we don't believe in it but,"...

He is a disgrace to biology yet he makes a living teaching us. If you don't believe in something why the fuck become a professor on that subject? Ugh so aggravated today Sadcryface

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2015, 07:42 AM
(11-11-2015 07:05 AM)izel Wrote:  I fucking hate my biology professor at my university. We started the final genetics unit today, evolution. And instead of starting lecture immediately, my professor decided we should have one big group discussion about misconceptions, basic concepts we already know, and why it is what it is.

So we have this talk about science and religion not crossing bridges as one is faith based and the other is fact based. After hearing from three Muslim's that they don't believe in it, he didn't dismiss them. He let them speak, and asked them which parts they don't believe. He himself has said it so many times "we don't believe in it but,"...

He is a disgrace to biology yet he makes a living teaching us. If you don't believe in something why the fuck become a professor on that subject? Ugh so aggravated today Sadcryface

Well, he doesn't have to believe in it, as long as he teaches it like he is supposed to, nothing should be wrong

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
11-11-2015, 08:06 AM
(11-11-2015 07:05 AM)izel Wrote:  I fucking hate my biology professor at my university. We started the final genetics unit today, evolution. And instead of starting lecture immediately, my professor decided we should have one big group discussion about misconceptions, basic concepts we already know, and why it is what it is.

Discussion seem kinda fun, I see nothing wrong with it. As for these students, sure they don't have to "believe it" - there are no laws against ignorance after all.

Also belief matter not - both professor and students are speaking nonsense as their faith is irrelevnat in this. "Not believing" in fact is idiocy. So in a way he is a disgrace. I would say that there is no room for religion in university. Professors should be servants of understanding and knowledge not religious ignorance.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
11-11-2015, 08:11 AM
(11-11-2015 07:42 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  

Well, he doesn't have to believe in it, as long as he teaches it like he is supposed to, nothing should be wrong

When you start the lecture with "we don't believe in it but" is everything wrong with it. You start your lecture with discouraging your students to begin with. What good does teaching do after everyone has already lost interest in it?

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 2 users Like izel's post
11-11-2015, 08:22 AM
(11-11-2015 06:59 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 06:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  People shouldn't get dogs if they're not prepared to put in the effort to ensure they have a good life. Since you guys now *have* got such a dog, y'all better man the fuck up and exercise it, or find a better home for it.

Getting the puppy was not my choice. I opposed the decision. It was my mother's idea because I guess she thought it was about time to get a replacement for the family's previous dog which died fairly recently, for herself.

As for me 'manning the fuck up', you clearly have missed the sort of house I live in and the power dynamics within it if you think I've got any sort of say in anything here. The last time I tied to be assertive was in my own defence when I was accused of not resting during a period where I was so sick I couldn't stand for more than a minute for a week. This resulted in a shouting match between myself and my mother's de facto which left the continued existence of the fucking household in question. From my point of view based on previous experiences I can't do shit without risking the continued happiness of my mother and sanity of my brother (whose autism makes him exceedingly sensitive to fucking eeeverything).
If I suddenly start messing with the way the Overlord wants the dog to be, that'll bring issues that frankly I lack the mental stability to deal with in an adult and rational manner; I have my own mental health to figure out and I don't need that sort of pressure pushing on me even more than everything already is.

I have tried to communicate my ideas and desires regarding the dog's behaviour and well-being on numerous occasions, only to be shot down each time. I think they do care about their dog, but they (or rather, he if I am to be honest with my own wording and assessment) is just too blinded by his own conceit to see that his may not be the best way.

'Man the fuck up' turns out to be FT's kryptonite Big Grin Calm your tits, padewan Rolleyes But you and all your famuree *should* most definitely pitch in to help out with the dog. Sure you didn't create the situation, but you're *in* it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-11-2015, 08:30 AM
Starting work at Friday. Wouldn't be a problem if not for 700 km trip and being cut of from internet and (largely) civilization for 2 months.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
11-11-2015, 08:36 AM
(11-11-2015 08:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 06:59 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Getting the puppy was not my choice. I opposed the decision. It was my mother's idea because I guess she thought it was about time to get a replacement for the family's previous dog which died fairly recently, for herself.

Calm your tits, padewa

[Image: h4xleBR.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
11-11-2015, 08:43 AM
(11-11-2015 08:11 AM)izel Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 07:42 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Well, he doesn't have to believe in it, as long as he teaches it like he is supposed to, nothing should be wrong

When you start the lecture with "we don't believe in it but" is everything wrong with it. You start your lecture with discouraging your students to begin with. What good does teaching do after everyone has already lost interest in it?

Yes, he did wrong, but he could've done the lecture the correct way.
I simply disagree with this statement:" If you don't believe in something why the fuck become a professor on that subject"
For example, my teacher didn't believe in evolution either. And it never showed.
But isn't there some place that you can complain to about your teachers conduct?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
11-11-2015, 09:18 AM
(11-11-2015 08:43 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 08:11 AM)izel Wrote:  When you start the lecture with "we don't believe in it but" is everything wrong with it. You start your lecture with discouraging your students to begin with. What good does teaching do after everyone has already lost interest in it?

Yes, he did wrong, but he could've done the lecture the correct way.
I simply disagree with this statement:" If you don't believe in something why the fuck become a professor on that subject"
For example, my teacher didn't believe in evolution either. And it never showed.
But isn't there some place that you can complain to about your teachers conduct?

I live in muslim country Smile good luck complaining about why they don't believe in evolution Smile I'm a bit more calm now though, I dust off these sort of issues fast. Used to dealing with ignorance. It does piss me off, it feels like he knows the truth and prefers to keep the youth ignorant for the sake of religion.

1 Like = 1 Prayer