Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-11-2015, 09:25 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(11-11-2015 09:18 AM)izel Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 08:43 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Yes, he did wrong, but he could've done the lecture the correct way.
I simply disagree with this statement:" If you don't believe in something why the fuck become a professor on that subject"
For example, my teacher didn't believe in evolution either. And it never showed.
But isn't there some place that you can complain to about your teachers conduct?

I live in muslim country Smile good luck complaining about why they don't believe in evolution Smile I'm a bit more calm now though, I dust off these sort of issues fast. Used to dealing with ignorance. It does piss me off, it feels like he knows the truth and prefers to keep the youth ignorant for the sake of religion.

Yes, that must suck.

My new biology teacher said "no comment" when someone asked her in which kingdom . We belong to when talking about taxonomy.
Part of me wants to complain, but part of me thinks it will fall on deaf ears

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
11-11-2015, 09:41 AM
(11-11-2015 09:25 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 09:18 AM)izel Wrote:  I live in muslim country Smile good luck complaining about why they don't believe in evolution Smile I'm a bit more calm now though, I dust off these sort of issues fast. Used to dealing with ignorance. It does piss me off, it feels like he knows the truth and prefers to keep the youth ignorant for the sake of religion.

Yes, that must suck.

My new biology teacher said "no comment" when someone asked her in which kingdom . We belong to when talking about taxonomy.

I fucking work my ass off to pay for a school that hides the truth No That alone drives me insane. I may be the first ever Atheist suicide bomber one of these days Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
11-11-2015, 09:50 AM
(11-11-2015 09:41 AM)izel Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 09:25 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Yes, that must suck.

I fucking work my ass off to pay for a school that hides the truth No That alone drives me insane. I may be the first ever Atheist suicide bomber one of these days Laugh out load

lol move away to a more secular country

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
11-11-2015, 10:07 AM
(11-11-2015 09:50 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 09:41 AM)izel Wrote:  I fucking work my ass off to pay for a school that hides the truth No That alone drives me insane. I may be the first ever Atheist suicide bomber one of these days Laugh out load

lol move away to a more secular country

No I got it good here. I love my job and my city, I could never survive anywhere elseLaugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
11-11-2015, 11:34 AM
Monday - uti
Today - some weird eye infection or injury
havent been to bed since yesterday, and after they stain my eye to rule out a corneal abrasion I'm probably getting sent to te eye clinic (I'm using the free NP service at work since I was already on campus for an interview...and the free part is pretty kick ass)

On a positive note, I got the position I had my final interview for this morning!!! Yay!

...I'm a glutton for punishment. Bring on the crazies and the mass chaos!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
11-11-2015, 11:42 AM
Hug nurse.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-11-2015, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 11:55 AM by Nurse.)
"Several" millimeter conjunctival abrasion with bacterial infection Dodgy

It huuuurts

Eta: now I'm waiting to pick up at the pharmacy...aaa and their system is down. I've slept maybe three hours out of the past 36 or 48 - I can't math anymore. I wanna go home and sleep.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
11-11-2015, 12:07 PM
(11-11-2015 11:50 AM)Nurse Wrote:  "Several" millimeter conjunctival abrasion with bacterial infection Dodgy

It huuuurts

Eta: now I'm waiting to pick up at the pharmacy...aaa and their system is down. I've slept maybe three hours out of the past 36 or 48 - I can't math anymore. I wanna go home and sleep.

Ouch. I hope the meds help. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Thanks Moms.

Alright. Left the employee pharmacy, walked back to occupational health (different building), got the doc to send my prescription to a different pharmacy because the system is still down. After walking back across my huge ass campus, then I get to the parking garage and can't remember if I parked on the 6, 7, 8, or 9th floor...and the "floors" are all wonky. And I'm in 4" stiletto pointy toe heels.

I think my blisters have blisters. Still doesn't hurt as bad as my eye. I have a major pouty face going on with this whine.

[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
11-11-2015, 01:30 PM
(11-11-2015 11:50 AM)Nurse Wrote:  "Several" millimeter conjunctival abrasion with bacterial infection Dodgy

It huuuurts

Grats on the new job, sorry you're sick Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.