Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-11-2015, 10:37 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(13-11-2015 10:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 10:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I dunno, if I was in her position I would want it to be late so I could have a bitch to management about this useless hag and thus get management to do something about her and either make her do her job or replace her.

Getting paycheck a day or two late one time and solving a problem? Or doing a really shitty job every two weeks not solving anything? I'd pick the prior.

Yeah, and now you're the one out of a job. You will never take over the world this way.

Why? Because I didn't do someone elses job?? That makes zero sense.
Not to mention it's just straight up illegal, you can't be fired for not doing someone elses job.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2015, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2015 10:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-11-2015 10:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  New business idea.

A 'security' type business that focuses on connecting small businesses around town to each other with the intention of preventing/stopping shoplifting.

ie: Company A captures a shoplifter on camera. Shoplifter just leaves store (because they have stupid amounts of rights and can just do that). Instead of that shoplifter than just going next door to shoplift there Company A sends picture to my company. My company than alerts client companies around town that Company A just had this person shoplift from them. Other companies than get this and if they see the person in the picture come into their store they can keep an eye on them/ask them to leave. Thus preventing shoplifting.

I could also form a sort of database. Company A might not recognize someone but Company B might for example. Thus coordinating with Police arrests can be made.

I came up with this because as you'll know I do security and there's nothing like this. Not even between the different stores in the company I work at. We do it to a very limit degree but nothing that can prevent shoplifting.
This town needs this. The company I work for alone loses $25million a year to shoplifting. And shoplifters have so many rights and just continuously get away with it. Pisses me off. So if I could make money and put shoplifters in prison that sounds good to me. Potential for government grants too.

That is the best idea you've had yet for taking over the world. Thumbsup Seriously, this is an excellent idea. You'll have to enlist the Maori for muscle.

#sigh
13-11-2015, 10:48 PM
(13-11-2015 10:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Not to mention it's just straight up illegal, you can't be fired for not doing someone elses job.

What universe you live in?

#sigh
13-11-2015, 10:54 PM
(13-11-2015 10:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 10:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, and now you're the one out of a job. You will never take over the world this way.

Why? Because I didn't do someone elses job?? That makes zero sense.
Not to mention it's just straight up illegal, you can't be fired for not doing someone elses job.

Texas is an “employment-at-will” state. Generally, employees without a written employment contract can be fired for good cause, bad cause, or no cause at all.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-11-2015, 11:03 PM
(13-11-2015 10:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 10:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why? Because I didn't do someone elses job?? That makes zero sense.

Texas is an “employment-at-will” state. Generally, employees without a written employment contract can be fired for good cause, bad cause, or no cause at all.

Angel really didn't have no choice. If she didn't do the payroll and cut the checks her colleagues weren't getting paid. That's not an option for her. Thumbsup

#sigh
13-11-2015, 11:09 PM
(13-11-2015 11:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 10:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Texas is an “employment-at-will” state. Generally, employees without a written employment contract can be fired for good cause, bad cause, or no cause at all.

Angel really didn't have no choice. If she didn't do the payroll and cut the checks her colleagues weren't getting paid. That's not an option for her. Thumbsup

You are right GirlyBob - I spent many years doing payroll and I just can't refuse to do what I have to do to make sure that people get paid. There are people who work there that make very little...a late paycheck is devastating to them. Undecided

My gut's already in a knot thinking about payroll Thanksgiving week and Christmas week. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-11-2015, 11:20 PM
In other wonderful work news...I got my ass royally chewed for something that was done on 6/4/14...yes 2014. I started the job on 5/19/14. For most of my first two weeks there I didn't even have a fully functioning computer. I had two bosses who are no longer with the company.

Yeah, I busted my ass to bail the payroll/accounting department out yesterday and got my ass handed to me for something I didn't do....over a year ago. fml

13-11-2015, 11:56 PM
(13-11-2015 10:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  New business idea.

A 'security' type business that focuses on connecting small businesses around town to each other with the intention of preventing/stopping shoplifting.

ie: Company A captures a shoplifter on camera. Shoplifter just leaves store (because they have stupid amounts of rights and can just do that). Instead of that shoplifter than just going next door to shoplift there Company A sends picture to my company. My company than alerts client companies around town that Company A just had this person shoplift from them. Other companies than get this and if they see the person in the picture come into their store they can keep an eye on them/ask them to leave. Thus preventing shoplifting.

I could also form a sort of database. Company A might not recognize someone but Company B might for example. Thus coordinating with Police arrests can be made.

Then you'd have people complaining. Since they weren't convicted of shoplifting, some will claim it's a violation of their rights. You'd face a long list of hurdles.
14-11-2015, 01:09 AM
(13-11-2015 09:08 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 03:31 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Stupid forum and stupid people on here. I have for most of my life been quite sure that I'd never go to USA nor did I ever want to. But I have to admit I'm getting very curious about your nation. I'm still having problems grasping how life actually is "over there."

So I guess you beautiful people have won me over now I have a staggering two countries I'd love to visit at some point in my life. Though USA seems to be a place you need to spend way more time than one normally would on a vacation.

So there you have it: FUCK YOU. I can't afford to travel at the moment.

I'm sorry, you want to come here why?
To experience the American culture i guess. I'm quite intrigued by how religious your country seems to be. Or rather the way your country is religious as it seemingly differs from what I'm used to. I guess it's me wanting to understand.
14-11-2015, 01:14 AM
(14-11-2015 01:09 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 09:08 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I'm sorry, you want to come here why?
To experience the American culture i guess. I'm quite intrigued by how religious your country seems to be. Or rather the way your country is religious as it seemingly differs from what I'm used to. I guess it's me wanting to understand.

According to some people we are all dangerous backwoods hillbillies carrying guns everywhere. Doesn't sound like a place I'd go to lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze