Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-11-2015, 01:23 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(14-11-2015 01:14 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 01:09 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  To experience the American culture i guess. I'm quite intrigued by how religious your country seems to be. Or rather the way your country is religious as it seemingly differs from what I'm used to. I guess it's me wanting to understand.

According to some people we are all dangerous backwoods hillbillies carrying guns everywhere. Doesn't sound like a place I'd go to lol
lOl yeah. One would love to see it all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2015, 01:29 AM
(14-11-2015 01:23 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 01:14 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  According to some people we are all dangerous backwoods hillbillies carrying guns everywhere. Doesn't sound like a place I'd go to lol
lOl yeah. One would love to see it all.

Joking aside there are many beautiful and amazing places here.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
14-11-2015, 01:59 AM
(13-11-2015 10:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 10:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  New business idea.

A 'security' type business that focuses on connecting small businesses around town to each other with the intention of preventing/stopping shoplifting.

ie: Company A captures a shoplifter on camera. Shoplifter just leaves store (because they have stupid amounts of rights and can just do that). Instead of that shoplifter than just going next door to shoplift there Company A sends picture to my company. My company than alerts client companies around town that Company A just had this person shoplift from them. Other companies than get this and if they see the person in the picture come into their store they can keep an eye on them/ask them to leave. Thus preventing shoplifting.

I could also form a sort of database. Company A might not recognize someone but Company B might for example. Thus coordinating with Police arrests can be made.

I came up with this because as you'll know I do security and there's nothing like this. Not even between the different stores in the company I work at. We do it to a very limit degree but nothing that can prevent shoplifting.
This town needs this. The company I work for alone loses $25million a year to shoplifting. And shoplifters have so many rights and just continuously get away with it. Pisses me off. So if I could make money and put shoplifters in prison that sounds good to me. Potential for government grants too.

That is the best idea you've had yet for taking over the world. Thumbsup Seriously, this is an excellent idea. You'll have to enlist the Maori for muscle.

Yea, I thought it was a rather brilliant idea too (though I'm narcissistic so..).
I'm not sure, 100%-ly, how to monetize it though. Obviously you could do a subscription based model BUT if I could secure council funding or even funding from the Police that would be more.. what's the word? Constant. I think also it would allow me to make it free for companies and more would be willing to sign up increasing the effectiveness.

Quote:What universe you live in?

One with decent employment laws.

Quote:You are right GirlyBob - I spent many years doing payroll and I just can't refuse to do what I have to do to make sure that people get paid. There are people who work there that make very little...a late paycheck is devastating to them. Undecided

That's not your fault though. It also wouldn't be your fault they didn't get paid when it's this other ladies job and she was slacking off.

Quote:My gut's already in a knot thinking about payroll Thanksgiving week and Christmas week. Sadcryface

You're stressing yourself out because of this other bitches uselessness. She's using you. You can't just do her job for her, you need to at the very least speak to management about it.

Quote:Then you'd have people complaining. Since they weren't convicted of shoplifting, some will claim it's a violation of their rights. You'd face a long list of hurdles.

I had thought of this. The thing is, I would just be providing a "gossip" service. (for lack of term). I'd tell Company B that Company A said this. I'm not accusing anyone of shoplifting, I am simply passing on information to other parties.

You can cover your ass very easily with words like "accused" or "alleged".

Besides, Company B doesn't even have to accuse them as soon as they step into Company B's store (the person wont even know Company B knows they just stole from Company A), it's just information for staff to keep a close eye on them or act as a sort of network for Police to track 'alleged' shoplifters down.

And sharing information such as security footage isn't illegal.

[Image: oscar.png]
14-11-2015, 10:59 AM
(13-11-2015 10:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 09:56 PM)OhDannyBoy Wrote:  Same here. So I will never get to Denmark. No big deal!

DJ

Goddamit it man, change your username to dannyboyz or fannyboy or something so I don't keep responding with some version of Danny Boy. I have no choice. Weeping

You could mix it up a bit. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Holy fucking shit. It's been a long time.

But to the point, but holy fucking shit...AGNOSTICS are worse than religious folks.

“[Science] works! Planes fly. Cars drive. Computers compute. If you base medicine on science, you cure people. If you base the design of planes on science, they fly. If you base the design of rockets on science, they reach the moon. It works...bitches.” - Richie D Da Illest
14-11-2015, 02:00 PM
(13-11-2015 10:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 09:56 PM)OhDannyBoy Wrote:  Same here. So I will never get to Denmark. No big deal!

DJ

Goddamit it man, change your username to dannyboyz or fannyboy or something so I don't keep responding with some version of Danny Boy. I have no choice. Weeping

Angel

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
14-11-2015, 03:35 PM
Yay!!!!! Opening this with all those videos didn't make my iPad crash.

Heart

Carry on I'm sure I'll be back later to rant I'm sure.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-11-2015, 03:36 PM
(14-11-2015 10:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 10:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Goddamit it man, change your username to dannyboyz or fannyboy or something so I don't keep responding with some version of Danny Boy. I have no choice. Weeping

You could mix it up a bit. Consider

Or:

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
14-11-2015, 04:40 PM
(14-11-2015 12:21 PM)HappyTiger Wrote:  Holy fucking shit. It's been a long time.

But to the point, but holy fucking shit...AGNOSTICS are worse than religious folks.

Yes they are.

Agnostics = Hitler.

14-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Thinking more about this business idea.
My flatmate recently quit her job. She doesn't know what she's gonna do with her life now. She has experience in management positions and stuff. I'm wondering if she would partner up. She can work sales, getting businesses on board etc.. I could do the 'office' work. Because I think it really is a small team of 2-5 people business. It would be hard for me to be out trying to get businesses on board AND doing the actual business's work.

Oh shit I think it's finally stopped raining, to the grocery store!