Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-11-2015, 07:51 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(16-11-2015 07:39 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Jackass set a record for number of times I've had a patient press the call button. Sixteen fuckin times in just one hour alone. I have no clue how many times over the course of my shift.

He asked me to sit him up at one point and yelled "goddamn, woman!" when I started raising the bed. What a douche. He cursed at me all fucking night. He eventually started calling out for help from the "doc" when he realized he royaly pissed me off. Doc's not gonna answer your cries for help with the itch you have on your left ass cheek, dude. I don't give more than one bath a shift - go fuck yourself. Maybe he'll either die or get moved to step down before I come back to work tonight.

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2015, 07:53 AM
(16-11-2015 07:39 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Jackass set a record for number of times I've had a patient press the call button. Sixteen fuckin times in just one hour alone. I have no clue how many times over the course of my shift.

He asked me to sit him up at one point and yelled "goddamn, woman!" when I started raising the bed. What a douche. He cursed at me all fucking night. He eventually started calling out for help from the "doc" when he realized he royaly pissed me off. Doc's not gonna answer your cries for help with the itch you have on your left ass cheek, dude. I don't give more than one bath a shift - go fuck yourself. Maybe he'll either die or get moved to step down before I come back to work tonight.
I hope there isn't too many of his type.

*Huuuug*
16-11-2015, 08:29 AM
When you start wishing your patients dead it might be time for a new job lol.
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
16-11-2015, 08:50 AM
There are really fucking terrible, shitty people in this world. Some of them get sick. And yes, I'm taking a new position soon.

No one would handle last night well. Being sexually harassed, cursed, belittled, etc... Yeh, I don't give two fucks about that guy and his outcome. Just that I do my job, he gets his meds, and any clinical signs of his condition deteriorating are handled appropriately.

It's not all rainbows and cuddles and Florence Nightingale.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
16-11-2015, 10:21 AM

He sounds like a right cunt. If he's still alive tonight, when giving him his meds, slip him something to help him sleep.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
16-11-2015, 02:54 PM
(16-11-2015 10:21 AM)Marozz Wrote:  

He sounds like a right cunt. If he's still alive tonight, when giving him his meds, slip him something to help him sleep.

Not worth it. Dickheads come and go and hopefully die. Jailbird Nurse would probably look good but that's about it...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-11-2015, 03:10 PM
(16-11-2015 08:50 AM)Nurse Wrote:  It's not all rainbows and cuddles and Florence Nightingale.
My mother spent decades on the nursing staff, and I used to work for some nurses. I'm surprised how much shit they take. Sometimes literal shit. I've heard a lot of horror stories. But my mom has a good friend who was one of her patients long ago.
16-11-2015, 03:54 PM
(16-11-2015 08:50 AM)Nurse Wrote:  There are really fucking terrible, shitty people in this world. Some of them get sick. And yes, I'm taking a new position soon.

No one would handle last night well. Being sexually harassed, cursed, belittled, etc... Yeh, I don't give two fucks about that guy and his outcome. Just that I do my job, he gets his meds, and any clinical signs of his condition deteriorating are handled appropriately.

It's not all rainbows and cuddles and Florence Nightingale.

No, but there is the Sexy Nurse outfit at Halloween! Do you think anyone is wearing Sexy Buyer or Sexy Purchaser outfits? Well...besides myself, that is?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
16-11-2015, 07:33 PM
So we got three new Christmas temps at work. 1 is the most useless cunt ever. I had to clean up his mess last night. He basically got all the hang-sell in one of the toys isle and instead of putting it on the sales hooks he dumped it in a big pile on the shelf below the sales hooks. He also never picked up anything off the floor (a pretty basic thing we have to do and takes like 2seconds to just chuck it on the shelf). Spent an hour in toys doing "recovery" (tiding up) and it was a complete mess. Whatever he was doing sure as shit wasn't recovery. He's damn lucky I don't work Sunday nights I would not stand for that shit.

But like I told the two guys he works with (I work with the two guys, who have to work with this useless temp, on Mondays), they should just be really hard on him. Give him the shit jobs, get shitty at him when he doesn't work. Be on his ass. He clearly doesn't wanna be here and so if they make his job "hell" he might quit.

OH and he phoned in sick on Sunday (despite it being his 2nd ever shift) and the manager during the day just hung up on him so he turned up to work. ><

Anyway. One of the other temps is decent, the guys I work with go on about how great he is so that's good.
And the third I've worked with once on security. He works nights and does security. I'm gonna have to take him through some security training tonight actually. I don't like him. He doesn't listen and interrupts you all the time.
Nods his head and agrees and "understands" when he clearly doesn't get what you're telling him.
The issue is that he's done security up at the hospital so he thinks he knows best. BUT I don't tell you how to do security up at the hospital so don't tell me how to do my job here, we do things differently so shut up and listen.

I would rather someone that has never done security before so that person has no idea in their head of how to do things so what you tell them sticks.

[Image: oscar.png]
16-11-2015, 10:40 PM
Unbefuckinglievable.

There was an Amber Alert here regarding a 13 or 14 month old little girl who was abducted by the mother she was taken from. The good news is that she has been found, is safe, and is back with her foster family.

The child's name is Twinkle Twilight...for that reason alone the mother should have had her parental rights severed. But there's more - mom has at least, at least, seven other kids - one of whom is named Thumbellina (yes, two Ls).

I suppose that Thumbellina could go by Lina or something but WTF can you do with a name like Twinkle Twilight?

Good grief.

I swear this is true...it was on the news here all day. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post