Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-11-2015, 11:16 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(18-11-2015 11:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm cold but I can't be bothered getting up to turn my fan off. Sad

My life is so hard you have no idea the struggles I go through.

Can you reach the cord to unplug it? I'm familiar with the struggle.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2015, 12:27 AM
So I went adventuring last night and we were gonna light a flare in a sludge field and it was going to be soooo awesome. But no. I caught my boot on a tree root while I was running down the path,felt these sickening pops and crunching and my left ankle rolling as I fell to the ground screaming.

I can't put any weight on my foot at all. Not even my toes. I've sprained my ankle plenty of times, but I could still put weight on the ball of my foot. So then I had to fucking hop on one foot back to the car back through the muddy path...uphill. We went and got an ace wrap and ice once we were back in civilization. So now it's been a little over 24 hours and it reeeaaaaalllllly fucking hurts. And it's so swollen. And blue and purple.

Now ordinarily I'd wait it out 2-3 days, realize my ankle was improving, and not go see a doc. Umm yeh, there's no waiting this out - I have an appointment tomorrow with sports med doc.

Fuck. I'm terrified of the possibility of needing surgery. I've never had a good experience with anesthesia. I'm damn near impossible to numb, felt my goddamn fucking c-section, the dentist has to do intraosseous blocks and even that only lasts a few minutes, and when I had my wisdom teeth removed I woke up in the middle of the procedure. I have several family members with similar experiences with having difficulty being sedated during surgical procedures - we must metabolize this shit faster than the norm.

This fucking sucks. I start a new position in less than a month. And it's right before Christmas. How the fuck am I gonna work overtime if I can't fucking work? I can't get patients out of bed or even fucking turn them in this condition. Fuck fuck fuck.

I wore boots instead of trail shoes because it was muddy. I shoulda worn the goddamn trail shoes. And I need better boots - I fucking knew better. They weren't lace up boots. I didn't get to see the sludge field, and I didn't get to see the natural rock bridge that we were supposed to go see later that night, nor an old abandoned building that was also on the list.

I've done a 15 mile obstacle course on crazy terrain and other mud runs in the rain that required me to sign a death waiver and never fucking hurt myself. Stupid root.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
19-11-2015, 12:43 AM
(19-11-2015 12:27 AM)Nurse Wrote:  So I went adventuring last night and we were gonna light a flare in a sludge field and it was going to be soooo awesome. But no. I caught my boot on a tree root while I was running down the path,felt these sickening pops and crunching and my left ankle rolling as I fell to the ground screaming.

Oh man Sadcryface Sorry Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-11-2015, 05:25 AM
(18-11-2015 11:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 11:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm cold but I can't be bothered getting up to turn my fan off. Sad

My life is so hard you have no idea the struggles I go through.

Can you reach the cord to unplug it? I'm familiar with the struggle.

nope. Weeping

It's ok though, I was able to reach it with the assistance of an empty coke bottle, a pencil and some tape.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
19-11-2015, 05:27 AM
(19-11-2015 05:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 11:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  Can you reach the cord to unplug it? I'm familiar with the struggle.

nope. Weeping

It's ok though, I was able to reach it with the assistance of an empty coke bottle, a pencil and some tape.

MacGyver over here.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
19-11-2015, 06:04 AM
(19-11-2015 05:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 11:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  Can you reach the cord to unplug it? I'm familiar with the struggle.

nope. Weeping

Accident just waiting to happen! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-11-2015, 06:18 AM
(19-11-2015 12:27 AM)Nurse Wrote:  So I went adventuring last night and we were gonna light a flare in a sludge field and it was going to be soooo awesome. But no. I caught my boot on a tree root while I was running down the path,felt these sickening pops and crunching and my left ankle rolling as I fell to the ground screaming.

I can't put any weight on my foot at all. Not even my toes. I've sprained my ankle plenty of times, but I could still put weight on the ball of my foot. So then I had to fucking hop on one foot back to the car back through the muddy path...uphill. We went and got an ace wrap and ice once we were back in civilization. So now it's been a little over 24 hours and it reeeaaaaalllllly fucking hurts. And it's so swollen. And blue and purple.

Now ordinarily I'd wait it out 2-3 days, realize my ankle was improving, and not go see a doc. Umm yeh, there's no waiting this out - I have an appointment tomorrow with sports med doc.

Fuck. I'm terrified of the possibility of needing surgery. I've never had a good experience with anesthesia. I'm damn near impossible to numb, felt my goddamn fucking c-section, the dentist has to do intraosseous blocks and even that only lasts a few minutes, and when I had my wisdom teeth removed I woke up in the middle of the procedure. I have several family members with similar experiences with having difficulty being sedated during surgical procedures - we must metabolize this shit faster than the norm.

This fucking sucks. I start a new position in less than a month. And it's right before Christmas. How the fuck am I gonna work overtime if I can't fucking work? I can't get patients out of bed or even fucking turn them in this condition. Fuck fuck fuck.

I wore boots instead of trail shoes because it was muddy. I shoulda worn the goddamn trail shoes. And I need better boots - I fucking knew better. They weren't lace up boots. I didn't get to see the sludge field, and I didn't get to see the natural rock bridge that we were supposed to go see later that night, nor an old abandoned building that was also on the list.

I've done a 15 mile obstacle course on crazy terrain and other mud runs in the rain that required me to sign a death waiver and never fucking hurt myself. Stupid root.

That's awful--and what terrible timing. I hope your ligaments are okay and you don't have to have surgery. Hug
19-11-2015, 06:38 AM
Nurse is hurt?!

How did I miss this??

Self obsessed prick I am.

Nurse. I am sending love. Expect a Fed Ex next week. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
19-11-2015, 07:02 AM
(19-11-2015 06:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Nurse is hurt?!

How did I miss this??

Why're you sending food to her former husband?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
19-11-2015, 07:12 AM
(19-11-2015 07:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 06:38 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Nurse is hurt?!

How did I miss this??

Why're you sending food to her former husband?

Just pizza rolls. Wink

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post