Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-11-2015, 08:45 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(19-11-2015 12:27 AM)Nurse Wrote:  So I went adventuring last night and we were gonna light a flare in a sludge field and it was going to be soooo awesome. But no. I caught my boot on a tree root while I was running down the path,felt these sickening pops and crunching and my left ankle rolling as I fell to the ground screaming.

You felt sickening pops and crunching and it never occurred to you to go to the E.R.? Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-11-2015, 09:00 AM
Sorry to hear that, Nurse.

Wherever possible, choose cannabinoids over opiates for pain relief.

Just sayin. Smokin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
19-11-2015, 11:08 AM
(19-11-2015 08:45 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 12:27 AM)Nurse Wrote:  So I went adventuring last night and we were gonna light a flare in a sludge field and it was going to be soooo awesome. But no. I caught my boot on a tree root while I was running down the path,felt these sickening pops and crunching and my left ankle rolling as I fell to the ground screaming.

You felt sickening pops and crunching and it never occurred to you to go to the E.R.? Facepalm

Oh that's funny! Husband once dropped a play structure thing he was building for the boys on his ankle (he was trying to lift it on one side to even it out). He refused to have it looked at. I think it's a hospital employee thing. I've yet to meet one that went willingly. Years later, when he got something in his eye (clearly stuck and totally visible) he debated on just removing it himself with tweezers.

ER is the last place they want to go.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-11-2015, 11:18 AM
(19-11-2015 11:08 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 08:45 AM)Chas Wrote:  You felt sickening pops and crunching and it never occurred to you to go to the E.R.? Facepalm

Oh that's funny! Husband once dropped a play structure thing he was building for the boys on his ankle (he was trying to lift it on one side to even it out). He refused to have it looked at. I think it's a hospital employee thing. I've yet to meet one that went willingly. Years later, when he got something in his eye (clearly stuck and totally visible) he debated on just removing it himself with tweezers.

I dated an EMT for a long time and it's every medical worker. They all think they know better.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-11-2015, 11:43 AM
(19-11-2015 11:18 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 11:08 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh that's funny! Husband once dropped a play structure thing he was building for the boys on his ankle (he was trying to lift it on one side to even it out). He refused to have it looked at. I think it's a hospital employee thing. I've yet to meet one that went willingly. Years later, when he got something in his eye (clearly stuck and totally visible) he debated on just removing it himself with tweezers.

I dated an EMT for a long time and it's every medical worker. They all think they know better.

I don't know if it's that, or that they know system.

The only reason I got hubby to go when he got that thing in his eye was because he knew that he'd probably be prescribed an antibiotic drop for it.

Yeah they just removed it with a tweezer, wrote a script for drops and sent him on his way 3 hours later.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving plan for my wonderful Dodgy job.

At least I got advance notice this time. Instead of being paid on Wednesday since payday is Thursday...we will be paid at 5 pm Friday - like the day after Thanksgiving Friday. I get to cut the checks again. Dodgy

Thankfully the company is merging with another company in mid-December so maybe things will get on track.

Luckily a wonderful person sent me a gift that will mean that we will get to have a feast on Thanksgiving. I am thinking of inviting a woman from work and her daughter who have nothing and nowhere to go. I am going to try to make it as good a day as I can. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
19-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Really hate being a parent. Should have given my eldest up for adoption, like I wanted to all those years ago when I was still a child myself. I was opposed to abortion, but I wanted to give her up for adoption, but my ex didn't want to do that, so we kept her.

I am just not cut out for this gig. I feel no sense of authority over them. I don't get much in the way of emotional rewards from having them. They are interesting at times and at times I think maybe I really do love them, but most of the time I just don't want the responsibility. I can barely take care of myself, much less anyone else.

You aren't supposed to say those things, but that's what I feel right now. The kids do something they shouldn't and I know I should say something or do something but mostly I just don't want to fuck with it because it'll be a hassle and a thing and I don't want to bother with it.

#MomoftheYear Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
19-11-2015, 07:17 PM
(19-11-2015 07:10 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Really hate being a parent. Should have given my eldest up for adoption, like I wanted to all those years ago when I was still a child myself. I was opposed to abortion, but I wanted to give her up for adoption, but my ex didn't want to do that, so we kept her.

I am just not cut out for this gig. I feel no sense of authority over them. I don't get much in the way of emotional rewards from having them. They are interesting at times and at times I think maybe I really do love them, but most of the time I just don't want the responsibility. I can barely take care of myself, much less anyone else.

You aren't supposed to say those things, but that's what I feel right now. The kids do something they shouldn't and I know I should say something or do something but mostly I just don't want to fuck with it because it'll be a hassle and a thing and I don't want to bother with it.

#MomoftheYear Dodgy

You need a really bigass GirlyMan hug.

[Image: Bear_Hug_by_CommodoreElfman.jpg]

Maybe two.

[Image: Bear_Hug_by_CommodoreElfman.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-11-2015, 07:19 PM
(19-11-2015 07:10 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Really hate being a parent. Should have given my eldest up for adoption, like I wanted to all those years ago when I was still a child myself. I was opposed to abortion, but I wanted to give her up for adoption, but my ex didn't want to do that, so we kept her.

#MomoftheYear Dodgy

You got people for this. Let Rev take care of this.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Thanks, Girly Hug