Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-11-2015, 01:09 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(19-11-2015 09:00 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sorry to hear that, Nurse.

Wherever possible, choose cannabinoids over opiates for pain relief.

Just sayin. Smokin

I might have taken some opiates right after it happened. I'd have felt a hell of a lot better with marijuana - it does wonders for my back, I can only imagine my ankle would have felt much better. I can finally pee on a strip and have it come up negative for THC and various other drugs on a 10-panel. Unfortunately pot is still very much illegal in my state and testing positive would get me fired.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
20-11-2015, 01:40 AM
(20-11-2015 01:09 AM)Nurse Wrote:  

Just sayin. Smokin

I might have taken some opiates right after it happened. I'd have felt a hell of a lot better with marijuana - it does wonders for my back, I can only imagine my ankle would have felt much better. I can finally pee on a strip and have it come up negative for THC and various other drugs on a 10-panel. Unfortunately pot is still very much illegal in my state and testing positive would get me fired.

Sadly my only option is morphine based painkillers and over time I have become more used to them and the effect has lessened.

Good luck with your recovery.

I just Skyped Nishi and had to keep getting off the line to be ill. Ha. He's so patient.

Good luck Nurse. Love. D.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-11-2015, 07:35 AM
Ranting corner
(20-11-2015 01:09 AM)Nurse Wrote:  

Just sayin. Smokin

What a dumb state. Tongue

Hope you're finding some relief.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
20-11-2015, 09:39 PM
I operate heavy equipment. The last few weeks I have worked on the interstate highway on a bridge project, moving those concrete Jersey Barriers with an excavator. The supervisor was a little misinformed about the labor agreement and I had to explain to him that if we have to work straight through with no lunch break, pay is time worked plus 1 hour. He wanted to pay a half hour.
Now I'll go ahead and toot my horn Smile
They had a crew of an operator and 3 laborers installing barrier, and struggled to get 6 or 7 truckloads down in a shift. I doubled that easily with 1 laborer. Picking up barrier was better. I have done this before Wink
They had scheduled us for three nights to complete a phase of work. We did what we could the first night and then last night we start picking up 2300 feet of barrier. We flew, I loaded 13 truckloads in 4 hours and finished the job. He tries to quibble about that half hour again after we KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK!
I saved them an entire shift of 4 guys plus a crew of 8 traffic control people setting up barriers and barrels, with all the inherent danger. Any normal supervisor would have padded my hours instead of arguing about paying what was already written in the contract.
/rant off
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
20-11-2015, 09:50 PM
Not sure if this qualifies as a rant....but...my oldest turned 38 today...38. I must have been about three when I had her 'cause there's no way I am old enough to have a kid who is almost 40. Gasp

She is having an 18th birthday party tomorrow night. I believe it involves loud music, jello shots, and partaking of the herb. Says they are going to party like it's 1995. Guess I should plan to go over there to chaperone, take everyone's keys, make sure no one is hiding out and having sex.

My middle kid turned 34 on Sunday. Funny how they keep getting older and I refuse to. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
20-11-2015, 11:34 PM
I don't want to hear shit about how husband works nights.

So do I.

I'm sooo tired.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-11-2015, 12:30 AM
yeah mams, mine was a graveyard shift too. They won't shut down lanes on the interstate before 9 PM.
21-11-2015, 01:36 AM
(20-11-2015 09:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not sure if this qualifies as a rant....but...my oldest turned 38 today...38. I must have been about three when I had her 'cause there's no way I am old enough to have a kid who is almost 40. Gasp

She is having an 18th birthday party tomorrow night. I believe it involves loud music, jello shots, and partaking of the herb. Says they are going to party like it's 1995. Guess I should plan to go over there to chaperone, take everyone's keys, make sure no one is hiding out and having sex.

My middle kid turned 34 on Sunday. Funny how they keep getting older and I refuse to. Big Grin

So when's your next 29th birthday, Anjele?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
21-11-2015, 01:49 AM
(20-11-2015 09:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not sure if this qualifies as a rant....but...my oldest turned 38 today...38. I must have been about three when I had her 'cause there's no way I am old enough to have a kid who is almost 40. Gasp

Awww. There's nothing wrong with being 80 Anjele.

Bvahahahahahahaaaaa

*Hides*
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
21-11-2015, 06:00 AM
(21-11-2015 01:49 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  

Awww. There's nothing wrong with being 80 Anjele.

Bvahahahahahahaaaaa

*Hides*

Beat_stick

Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post