Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-11-2015, 12:38 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I'm being kidnapped. Friends are forcing me to go shopping. They're coming to take me away.

It's already been a long day. Now tomorrow will be longer.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-11-2015, 12:49 AM
(27-11-2015 12:38 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm being kidnapped. Friends are forcing me to go shopping.

You poor, innocent creature, being tortured in such a manner like that...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
27-11-2015, 12:57 AM
(26-11-2015 04:45 PM)Nurse Wrote:  My grandfather died last night. Technically step, but he's been more of a grandfather to me than my actual paternal grandfather. And I was on call so I couldn't go home. Seeing as today is a major holiday and I have to work, I still can't call out. Nor can I call out for tomorrow because it's the day after a holiday. Calling out gives "occurrences", as does being late. Calling out the day of, before or after results in double and a written warning. I had several in the spring when I was having trouble functioning, as well as I'm occasionally late because of traffic/traffic accidents - sometimes a 10 minute commute takes an hour.

Mom was going to come up this morning and bring Thanksgiving food, but obviously that didn't happen.

I also have to work the night of the funeral. I don't want to go. I've only been to one as an adult - I don't share the same response as most people, and it makes for awkward uncomfortableness (didn't know that was a word - thought I made it up but there's no squiggle under it).

No one is honest at them. The way he died was much more appealing than how I thought it was going to happen, and I'm relieved he went quickly. He was a dick. I loved him terribly. Most of the family hates him - just my grandmother and myself cared about him. And they're going to be the ones there crying, acting like they gave a shit about him.

And if I don't go, I'm going to let down my grandmother. But I already have a verbal warning for occurrences. Fuck.

See, God hates me. He had to wait until a major holiday while I was PMSing and alone to kill off one of my family members. Never mind the fact that he was old and in poor health, God dunnit because he's responsible for everything, like finding your lost keys. Fuck, I'm going to have to listen to "he's with the lord now" and condolences if I go. Can't I just stay home and cook and cry with my grandmother? That sounds so much better.

Tl;dr I really don't want to go to work tonight. Papa's dead.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

*Big bear hug*
27-11-2015, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2015 12:05 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
I survived and got a cuisinart for less than 100 bucks.

I was pretty shocked to see the whole shopping mall open tho.

Usually just the bigger stores were open. This year everything was.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Went to the movies today for my husband's birthday. It turns out that our movie theater has started asking you to select your seats before you go in (ugh, slows down the line and also, I want to be able to move if it turns out the people near me are obnoxious) and has switched from comfortable seats that you can rock in to fucking reclining seats that are uncomfortable at any position.

I don't go to the movies often, and now it looks like I will be doing all my movie-viewing at home.

On the plus side, we saw "Spotlight," which turned out to be pretty good.
27-11-2015, 01:50 PM
(27-11-2015 01:47 PM)julep Wrote:  Went to the movies today for my husband's birthday. It turns out that our movie theater has started asking you to select your seats before you go in (ugh, slows down the line and also, I want to be able to move if it turns out the people near me are obnoxious) and has switched from comfortable seats that you can rock in to fucking reclining seats that are uncomfortable at any position.

I don't go to the movies often, and now it looks like I will be doing all my movie-viewing at home.

Theater here started doing that as well, I enjoy those seats Tongue whats the theater name?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-11-2015, 01:53 PM
(27-11-2015 12:38 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm being kidnapped. Friends are forcing me to go shopping. They're coming to take me away.

It's already been a long day. Now tomorrow will be longer.

Time to get new friends.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
27-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Ranting corner
Really wish he had waited. Yeah, we've discussed the idea of our own indie, but seriously? We all know the ups & downs and hurdles in this business. But damn... Let's discuss more concrete plans and arcs before bringing in others.

Fuck.
27-11-2015, 02:03 PM
(27-11-2015 01:50 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-11-2015 01:47 PM)julep Wrote:  Went to the movies today for my husband's birthday. It turns out that our movie theater has started asking you to select your seats before you go in (ugh, slows down the line and also, I want to be able to move if it turns out the people near me are obnoxious) and has switched from comfortable seats that you can rock in to fucking reclining seats that are uncomfortable at any position.

Theater here started doing that as well, I enjoy those seats Tongue whats the theater name?

Showcase Cinemas is the chain. My husband has back issues from a disc surgery and the chairs made his left foot go numb. Sad
27-11-2015, 02:08 PM
(27-11-2015 02:03 PM)julep Wrote:  
(27-11-2015 01:50 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Theater here started doing that as well, I enjoy those seats Tongue whats the theater name?

Showcase Cinemas is the chain. My husband has back issues from a disc surgery and the chairs made his left foot go numb. Sad

Weird, theater here is a different chain and oh no Sad that's horrible.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze