Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-11-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Big water leak from garbage disposal on Thanksgiving while running the dishwasher led me to ask husband to just remove it as we never use it.

Came home from work Friday to find new disposal instead of just having it removed.

Tonight another flood in the kitchen...he blames the dishwasher. I said that it worked fine before the disposal was replaced.

My head got bitten off.

Then - husband says - okay it was my fuck up...he didn't hook something up correctly.

Dodgy

I hate people.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
30-11-2015, 12:59 AM
Yesterday, I took a 747 from Chicago to Shanghai. United has in flight wifi so you can stream tv shows and movies to your laptop, tablet, or phone. My laptop really sucks so I had to pause it every minute or so in order to keep it from lagging. My phone was clean but forwhatever reason, it times out after 3-4 minutes and I have to relogin which means that a new browser opens up (over a 2 hr movie mind you). So, I had my crappy laptop that was awful at showing movies and a phone that was awful at showing movies. The flight was 15 hours.... The nice part is that I am taking a 777 home and every seat has it's own tv.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
30-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Wait, what? Shocking

Dior is hawking perfume on TV with Janis Joplin's Piece of My Heart!?! Angry

Perfume? Janis Joplin? What the actual fuck. Facepalm Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
30-11-2015, 07:53 PM
(29-11-2015 05:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Big water leak from garbage disposal on Thanksgiving while running the dishwasher led me to ask husband to just remove it as we never use it.

Came home from work Friday to find new disposal instead of just having it removed.

Tonight another flood in the kitchen...he blames the dishwasher. I said that it worked fine before the disposal was replaced.

My head got bitten off.

Then - husband says - okay it was my fuck up...he didn't hook something up correctly.

Dodgy

I hate people.

No you don't. Just your husband. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-11-2015, 07:58 PM
(29-11-2015 05:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Big water leak from garbage disposal on Thanksgiving while running the dishwasher led me to ask husband to just remove it as we never use it.

My head got bitten off.

Dodgy

I hate people.

Exactly why I do not fix anything around the house. I have a handyman on speed dial.

Confused

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
30-11-2015, 08:07 PM
(30-11-2015 07:58 PM)OhDannyBoy Wrote:  

My head got bitten off.

Dodgy

I hate people.

Exactly why I do not fix anything around the house. I have a handyman on speed dial.

Confused

DJ

He never gives me credit for having decent mechanical aptitude. When the leaking started (last night) it wasn't coming out of the cabinet under the sink but from the front of the dishwasher...my assumption...it can't drain into the new disposal.

When I picked up the manual to see what it said I got jumped on for assuming something was wrong with the disposal...my train of thought...not all dishwashers are draining into a disposal...therefore there may be something keeping the water from draining.

Grabbed extra towel and threw it on the floor so Mr. Sensitive could mop up the mess and walked away. I could see through the pass-through window that he grabbed the manual. He forgot to remove a plug on the side of the disposal.

Yeah...who's the maintenance mechanic? Dodgy I only gave him a little grief.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-11-2015, 08:17 PM
Ranting corner
Why am I marked as a host for an event posted on Shitbook Facebook? I specifically said I'm not doing that much for that publisher any more. Screw that.
30-11-2015, 08:19 PM
(30-11-2015 08:17 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Why am I marked as a host for an event posted on Shitbook Facebook? I specifically said I'm not doing that much for that publisher any more. Screw that.

No idea. Threaten legal action.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-11-2015, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2015 08:28 PM by GirlyMan.)

My head got bitten off.

Dodgy

I hate people.

What the fuck were you thinking when you let him anywhere near appliances or plumbing or any sort of home repair. When I ask if I can help ManlyGirly says, "Yes. Go away, fatboy."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-11-2015, 08:25 PM
(30-11-2015 08:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

My head got bitten off.

Dodgy

I hate people.

What the fuck were you thinking when you let him anywhere near appliances or plumbing or any sort of home repair. When I ask if I can help ManlyGirly says, "Yes. Go away, fatboy."

I love Manly. I think I want to be her. Wink

Oh, and as for 'letting' him - I was at work. He was without adult supervision.

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post