Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-12-2015, 12:00 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-12-2015 10:56 AM)Loom Wrote:  I got in a discussion with my Mom the other night about prayers. She made the claim that deep down, the most hardcore atheist would pray at their lowest moment...

I know you live your mom, but we know she's wrong. This year I've had some really bad times and not once did I ever entertain the thought of prayer or happy vibes. I guess a part of me has come to grips with my atheism.

You know what? I felt better when I realized that. No gods ever came to mind this year during my low points.

So in a way, I felt better with no gods then I did when I prayed as a theist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2015, 12:12 PM
(04-12-2015 12:00 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 10:56 AM)Loom Wrote:  I got in a discussion with my Mom the other night about prayers. She made the claim that deep down, the most hardcore atheist would pray at their lowest moment...

I know you live your mom, but we know she's wrong. This year I've had some really bad times and not once did I ever entertain the thought of prayer or happy vibes. I guess a part of me has come to grips with my atheism.

You know what? I felt better when I realized that. No gods ever came to mind this year during my low points.

So in a way, I felt better with no gods then I did when I prayed as a theist.

I was a bit offended when she said it. I usually don't say anything when the subject of religion comes up in our house.

I've had some huge low-points in my life (panic attacks to the degree that I was calling 911 or even, and thankfully never did anything, wanting to commit suicide). I feel those are some very low-points, and not once did god enter the picture.

In a sense my atheism is the reason for all my anxiety, but in the end it's been for the better. The world may be scary and less disney-like sans belief, but now it is more real and beautiful, and at the very least I've made leaps and bounds in progress with my anxiety with the help of doctors and medication, as opposed to absolutely nothing from prayer.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
04-12-2015, 12:47 PM
(04-12-2015 10:56 AM)Loom Wrote:  I got in a discussion with my Mom the other night about prayers. She made the claim that deep down, the most hardcore atheist would pray at their lowest moment.

I speak out of experience when I tell your mother:

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
04-12-2015, 06:36 PM
Payroll girl I share an office with...and do her work for her.Dodgy

Since June she has actually worked a full 80 hours in a two week period exactly twice. I stopped looking back at that point. She is a salaried employee and draws full pay.

In the last couple months her number of hours at work have become less and less. She is late at least 4 days out of five.

This week -
Monday - an hour late - no real reason specified.
Tuesday - an hour plus late - claimed power was out at home.
Wednesday - text that she will be in later, has toothache, didn't show up at all.
Thursday - supposed followup with dentist, didn't show up at all
Today - was at ER with abdominal pains last night (she is a couple months pregnant) and woke up with a migraine today, didn't come in at all.

Me - there on time every day. Took a lunch break of twenty minutes on two days of the week, none on the other days. Asked to leave an hour early Wednesday because son's car broke down and he was stranded - allowed to leave but not before it being made clear that it wasn't acceptable.

fml

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-12-2015, 12:06 AM
(04-12-2015 06:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Payroll girl I share an office with...and do her work for her.Dodgy

Since June she has actually worked a full 80 hours in a two week period exactly twice. I stopped looking back at that point. She is a salaried employee and draws full pay.

In the last couple months her number of hours at work have become less and less. She is late at least 4 days out of five.

This week -
Wednesday - text that she will be in later, has toothache, didn't show up at all.
Today - was at ER with abdominal pains last night (she is a couple months pregnant) and woke up with a migraine today, didn't come in at all.

Me - there on time every day. Took a lunch break of twenty minutes on two days of the week, none on the other days. Asked to leave an hour early Wednesday because son's car broke down and he was stranded - allowed to leave but not before it being made clear that it wasn't acceptable.

fml

Um. Who's her supervisor? 'Cos (s)he's failing hard. Any luck with finding another job? Sorry this unfair situation is continuing...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-12-2015, 08:01 AM
(04-12-2015 06:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Payroll girl I share an office with...and do her work for her.Dodgy

This week -

fml

Well if you listened to Uncle Muffs you wouldn't have this problem.
But you know whatever, listening to everyone else. It's not like I've never dealt with management or shitty work colleagues or anything before...

[Image: oscar.png]
05-12-2015, 08:05 AM
(05-12-2015 12:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  

This week -

fml

Um. Who's her supervisor? 'Cos (s)he's failing hard. Any luck with finding another job? Sorry this unfair situation is continuing...

Nearly impossible to job hunt when I can't ever leave the office. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-12-2015, 08:32 AM
(05-12-2015 08:05 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 12:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  Um. Who's her supervisor? 'Cos (s)he's failing hard. Any luck with finding another job? Sorry this unfair situation is continuing...

Nearly impossible to job hunt when I can't ever leave the office. Undecided

Don't show up - then you don't have to leave. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Ok, I'm a little jealous.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-12-2015, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 01:19 AM by Lienda Bella.)
So... If you read verses out of the bible, and you tell some so and so you just met that it was another religion's sayings, but then you tell them the truth, HOW does so and so being surprised make them automatically Christian? Because (label)=A hole or not that? OK! Apply it to the other religion? NO? That's mean?

Angry 'bites her own hand'