Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-12-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(19-12-2015 06:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-12-2015 06:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  Opiates. What you want is an opiate. Yes

Can you PM some to me?

Sure, but it's easier to fax them. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-12-2015, 08:31 PM
People who argue that Separation Of Church and State does not exist because "the phrase is not in the constitution."

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
19-12-2015, 08:34 PM
(19-12-2015 06:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-12-2015 06:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fuck. If I see one more "recipe" that utilizes a slow cooker and cream of chicken soup...I swear I'll vomit.

I happen to have one for scalloped potatoes and ham if you want it. Tongue

Censored

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-12-2015, 10:28 PM
I want a kitty soooooo badly. I went and talked to my apartment manager earlier today and it's a $350 pet fee plus a $10/mo rental increase. I can handle the rent increase, but $350?! Sadcryface

I could buy myself so many things I actually need for that amount of money, like a winter coat that actually keeps me warm and a vacuum cleaner and casual dishes and jeans that actually fit and food. Jesus, I could pay some smarmy CEO to make me feel good about myself and tell me I'm feeding like ten starving children in Africa for a fucking year for that amount of money.

On the topic of pets, my upstairs neighbor is either new or got a new dog. It has barked non stop for the past four days and nights. It's barked so goddamn much its voice is hoarse. I am not a happy camper. At least it's not as loud since its losing its voice. Dodgy

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
19-12-2015, 10:32 PM
(19-12-2015 10:28 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I want a kitty soooooo badly. I went and talked to my apartment manager earlier today and it's a $350 pet fee plus a $10/mo rental increase. I can handle the rent increase, but $350?! Sadcryface

I could buy myself so many things I actually need for that amount of money, like a winter coat that actually keeps me warm and a vacuum cleaner and casual dishes and jeans that actually fit and food. Jesus, I could pay some smarmy CEO to make me feel good about myself and tell me I'm feeding like ten starving children in Africa for a fucking year for that amount of money.

On the topic of pets, my upstairs neighbor is either new or got a new dog. It has barked non stop for the past four days and nights. It's barked so goddamn much its voice is hoarse. I am not a happy camper. At least it's not as loud since its losing its voice. Dodgy

Your second rant is probably the reason for the first.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
20-12-2015, 07:04 AM
So...a few minutes to 4am our phone rings. It's my mother in law, calling to say that her smoke alarm is going off (it does that when the batteries need changing) and she wouldn't be going back to sleep.

I get off the phone, climb back into bed and tell hubby what she said. He chuckled and just said that he'd go over there now -- get it done. I just hope he does them all and doesn't just do one for now.

I can't sleep so I decided to take a shower, make coffee...blah blah...

As I'm washing my hair I'm thinking about the phone convo. I start laughing over how ludicrous the whole thing is.

20-12-2015, 08:21 AM
Update: it wasn't a smoke alarm at all. It was the carbon monoxide detector her boyfriend bought her.

We didn't know she had it, husband is trying to figure out which smoke alarm was chirping. But when he'd get close one, he'd hear the chirp coming from somewhere else.

Finally, he tracked it down to the tv cabinet, behind a picture. Just sitting there. The thing chirped in his hand. This is after asking her repeatedly if there anything else that could be making that sound, because it wasn't coming from any smoke alarm in the house.

She had another one on the dresser in her bedroom.

So he changed the battery in both of them, and came home.

20-12-2015, 08:27 PM
So, prior to getting rear ended on Friday I had a kick in the ass earlier that day at work.

The company I have been working for since May 2014 has been sold to an out-of-state company. I knew things were going on but was led to believe it was going to be a merger and not a total sale and takeover.

I have been told that I will still have a job, at least for a time, but who knows. There are still things that need to be ironed out as far as receivables and payables prior to the sale. Those still need handling and that will fall on my boss and me. My boss will be phasing out since the company doesn't need two CFOs. Where that will leave me when he is gone, I don't know.

I am trying to be hopeful that this change is a good thing and will not lead to unemployment on my part but it is an edgy situation.

Every fucking day is a new level of stress...it's no wonder that the number of migraines I have had keeps increasing with each passing month. Facepalm

Happy freaking holidays. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
20-12-2015, 08:46 PM
(20-12-2015 08:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, prior to getting rear ended on Friday I had a kick in the ass earlier that day at work.

The company I have been working for since May 2014 has been sold to an out-of-state company. I knew things were going on but was led to believe it was going to be a merger and not a total sale and takeover.

I have been told that I will still have a job, at least for a time, but who knows. There are still things that need to be ironed out as far as receivables and payables prior to the sale. Those still need handling and that will fall on my boss and me. My boss will be phasing out since the company doesn't need two CFOs. Where that will leave me when he is gone, I don't know.

I am trying to be hopeful that this change is a good thing and will not lead to unemployment on my part but it is an edgy situation.

Every fucking day is a new level of stress...it's no wonder that the number of migraines I have had keeps increasing with each passing month. Facepalm

Happy freaking holidays. Sadcryface

Hug

20-12-2015, 09:25 PM
I just fell for a clickbate article titled "20 Celebs You Didn't Know Passed Away."

After the first five I realized it should have been called "20 Celebs EVERYONE Knows Passed Away." Dodgy

I think I'll make a New Year's Resolution to Just Say No to Clickbate Angry

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post