Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-12-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(28-12-2015 06:11 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(28-12-2015 06:04 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  It's snowing like crazy. The roads are absolute shit. I have tickets to see the Doctor Who Christmas special. I have had this episode sitting in my DVR for THREE DAYS and haven't watched it just so I can see it in the theater. Now all I want to do is curl up in my pjs and watch it on the couch. But I don't want to waste my money and this fun time Sadcryface I think I'm gunna brave the storm. Driving in snow I don't mind, it's all the traffic and jackasses that will piss me off Dodgy grumble grumble

Be careful! Hug Drive safe! Heart
I took a picture, of the snow, out my kitchen sink windows, with my phone, and I'm too lazy to just go grab the laptop to transfer it over to photo-bucket! Hobo Walking outside is simply entirely out of the question, much less driving further out than the gas station! Tongue

Photobucket has an auto backup that sends your pics from your phone to the bucket.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2015, 06:29 PM
My father paid for lunch--he gets snippy if we try to pay our share or pick up the check--but got mad at the waiter (who had been just fine, getting the orders quickly and correctly and checking on us) taking extra time with bringing us the bill. That was enough for him to stiff the waiter on the tip.

I had to go to the ladies room and wait for my father to leave the restaurant, then sneak back to our table and give the waiter the tip and an apology.

So happy I am going back home, hundreds of miles away.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
28-12-2015, 06:33 PM
(28-12-2015 06:24 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(28-12-2015 06:11 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Be careful! Hug Drive safe! Heart
I took a picture, of the snow, out my kitchen sink windows, with my phone, and I'm too lazy to just go grab the laptop to transfer it over to photo-bucket! Hobo Walking outside is simply entirely out of the question, much less driving further out than the gas station! Tongue

Photobucket has an auto backup that sends your pics from your phone to the bucket.

Could you
uh
describe that process? Blush
Just a quick breakdown! Tongue
Or I can just play with it! Hobo Laughat

28-12-2015, 06:46 PM
(28-12-2015 06:33 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(28-12-2015 06:24 PM)pablo Wrote:  Photobucket has an auto backup that sends your pics from your phone to the bucket.

Could you
uh
describe that process? Blush
Just a quick breakdown! Tongue
Or I can just play with it! Hobo Laughat

Go to PB with your phone. Open the settings (little camera symbol) in the dropdown menu click backup.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
28-12-2015, 06:58 PM
(28-12-2015 04:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-12-2015 02:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So far today I've done:
  • regular grocery shopping
  • butcher shop
  • Trader Joe's
  • One load of laundry

I still need to scrub the bathrooms and wash bedding.

Oh, and see what we might need from Target and put that list together -- but I'm thinking I might be able to push that off another week or so.

Too ambitious. You need to sit around more.

Well, I didn't do the showers or beds...I'll get to them all tomorrow or Wednesday...

But...
I did put away all the Christmas stuff....all that's left now is the tree, wreath on the door and the banister lights.

I actually feel better that the house doesn't feel so cluttered. I also moved around a few things and it looks nice. Now I will sit, until I need to start cooking dinner.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-12-2015, 09:54 PM
(28-12-2015 06:11 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(28-12-2015 06:04 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  It's snowing like crazy. The roads are absolute shit. I have tickets to see the Doctor Who Christmas special. I have had this episode sitting in my DVR for THREE DAYS and haven't watched it just so I can see it in the theater. Now all I want to do is curl up in my pjs and watch it on the couch. But I don't want to waste my money and this fun time Sadcryface I think I'm gunna brave the storm. Driving in snow I don't mind, it's all the traffic and jackasses that will piss me off Dodgy grumble grumble

Be careful! Hug Drive safe! Heart

We made it! Our butts hit the seats just as the lights went out. Totally worth it!! Big Grin ooooh River Blush Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
28-12-2015, 11:59 PM
(28-12-2015 09:54 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  We made it! Our butts hit the seats just as the lights went out. Totally worth it!! Big Grin ooooh River Blush Heart

I'm glad you had fun! Heart

I just remembered gawdam recycling/trash day is tomorrow, and all the shiz is full! Undecided

I shoulda known this whole "just don't go outside into the snow" plan was flawed when I came up with the fricken thing! Dodgy

(28-12-2015 06:46 PM)pablo Wrote:  Go to PB with your phone. Open the settings (little camera symbol) in the dropdown menu click backup.

Thank you, Pablo! Thumbsup

29-12-2015, 12:06 PM
(20-12-2015 09:25 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I just fell for a clickbate article titled "20 Celebs You Didn't Know Passed Away."

After the first five I realized it should have been called "20 Celebs EVERYONE Knows Passed Away." Dodgy

I think I'll make a New Year's Resolution to Just Say No to Clickbate Angry

I started early and was doing really well until I ran across "18 Real Life People Who Inspired the Most Viral Internet Memes Ever."

Click...wait...photo...click...wait...caption...click...wait...photo...click...w​ait...caption...

stupid slideshow Angry

It wouldn't be so bad if they just gave you a list, but noooo they have to keep you on the page as long as possible and have different size photos that move the "next" arrow just as you're about to click on it accidentally sending you off to some random advertiser you don't give a shit about.

But...I have to admit The Overly Attached Girlfriend is actually pretty hot in real life. Thumbsup

Facepalm

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
29-12-2015, 06:02 PM
(29-12-2015 12:06 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(20-12-2015 09:25 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I just fell for a clickbate article titled "20 Celebs You Didn't Know Passed Away."

After the first five I realized it should have been called "20 Celebs EVERYONE Knows Passed Away." Dodgy

I think I'll make a New Year's Resolution to Just Say No to Clickbate Angry

I started early and was doing really well until I ran across "18 Real Life People Who Inspired the Most Viral Internet Memes Ever."

Click...wait...photo...click...wait...caption...click...wait...photo...click...w​ait...caption...

stupid slideshow Angry

It wouldn't be so bad if they just gave you a list, but noooo they have to keep you on the page as long as possible and have different size photos that move the "next" arrow just as you're about to click on it accidentally sending you off to some random advertiser you don't give a shit about.

But...I have to admit The Overly Attached Girlfriend is actually pretty hot in real life. Thumbsup

Facepalm

MOst of that shit like that that I click on I cannot find the shit they promised The 17 weirdest cars of Europe. I clicked and saw one car form the 40s or so and couldn't find the rest.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
29-12-2015, 06:08 PM
(28-12-2015 06:29 PM)julep Wrote:  My father paid for lunch--he gets snippy if we try to pay our share or pick up the check--but got mad at the waiter (who had been just fine, getting the orders quickly and correctly and checking on us) taking extra time with bringing us the bill. That was enough for him to stiff the waiter on the tip.

I had to go to the ladies room and wait for my father to leave the restaurant, then sneak back to our table and give the waiter the tip and an apology.

So happy I am going back home, hundreds of miles away.

On a visit to family back in Michigan I had lunch with some cousins. They made such a fuss over everything (embarrassing me) that the manager "comped" the whole table of eight of us. Went to the parking lot, came back and tipped the manager 50 bucks and told him to tip the waiters involved. Totally embarrassed by the whole mess. Couldn't wait to leave the state.

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post