Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-12-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I am in tears over these last few posts...you three need to go on the road together.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-12-2015, 06:01 PM
(30-12-2015 06:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am in tears over these last few posts...you three need to go on the road together.

And get run over? Forget it!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
31-12-2015, 04:02 AM
Why does UPS have the most frustrating and stupid holiday schedule ever?

They won't deliver ground packages New Years Eve but yet will run normally on Christmas Eve, Day after Christmas, Halloween, Easter, even UPS Founder's Day but by god they cannot dare deliver on New Years Eve.

Now I have to wait 4 more days for my package even though it's a 30 minuet drive away.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
01-01-2016, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2016 10:47 AM by Smercury44.)
(29-12-2015 12:06 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(20-12-2015 09:25 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I just fell for a clickbate article titled "20 Celebs You Didn't Know Passed Away."

After the first five I realized it should have been called "20 Celebs EVERYONE Knows Passed Away." Dodgy

I think I'll make a New Year's Resolution to Just Say No to Clickbate Angry

I started early and was doing really well until I ran across "18 Real Life People Who Inspired the Most Viral Internet Memes Ever."

Click...wait...photo...click...wait...caption...click...wait...photo...click...w​ait...caption...

stupid slideshow Angry

It wouldn't be so bad if they just gave you a list, but noooo they have to keep you on the page as long as possible and have different size photos that move the "next" arrow just as you're about to click on it accidentally sending you off to some random advertiser you don't give a shit about.

But...I have to admit The Overly Attached Girlfriend is actually pretty hot in real life. Thumbsup

Facepalm

How's your resolution coming so far, Beans? I ran across the ultimate click bait article ever this morning, and thought of you. Yes, I'm going to click. Yes I expect to be fully dissapointed. Laugh out load

[Image: OiuF1W7.jpg]

ETA: Oooooh another good one! Heart
[Image: DEu1IXr.jpg]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
01-01-2016, 12:36 PM
Warning Child Rearing Rant!

I will not be used as punishment for my grandsons! I have had several discussion with my daughter over this issue. They live 45-50 miles from me and I normally get to see them 2 times a month, usually for an overnight stay. They live 2 miles from all their other grand and great grandparents that they get to see several times a week. AND YET my daughter will not quit using me as a "hold" over the boys for their behavior (it never works) and she winds up punishing them by not letting them come or not letting them spend the night.

This makes me furious. I have explained to her I feel this is unfair as if they get refused to see the other grandparents one night then they just see them the next day, no biggie but if I get refused the visit I might not see them for weeks or even more than a month. How is this fair?

She uses other punishments when they aren't coming to stay so why can't she use those when they are? They were coming over today. Evidently my oldest grandson was acting up and she use our visit as a threat and then when he didn't comply she took the visit away. She text me a few minutes ago that he would not be staying. I text her back fine, they can stay some other times. She called.

She asked, then you don't want any of them to stay? I said, no. I will not be used as a punishment when no one else is. I refuse, we have gone over this before. I cannot keep you from punishing your children as you see fit but I do not have to agree or comply with your choices.

I do not disagree that they need punishments and discipline I disagree with using me to enforce it and taking away my limited time with them.

end rant.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 4 users Like Heatheness's post
01-01-2016, 12:44 PM
(01-01-2016 12:36 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Warning Child Rearing Rant!

I will not be used as punishment for my grandsons! I have had several discussion with my daughter over this issue. They live 45-50 miles from me and I normally get to see them 2 times a month, usually for an overnight stay. They live 2 miles from all their other grand and great grandparents that they get to see several times a week. AND YET my daughter will not quit using me as a "hold" over the boys for their behavior (it never works) and she winds up punishing them by not letting them come or not letting them spend the night.

This makes me furious. I have explained to her I feel this is unfair as if they get refused to see the other grandparents one night then they just see them the next day, no biggie but if I get refused the visit I might not see them for weeks or even more than a month. How is this fair?

She uses other punishments when they aren't coming to stay so why can't she use those when they are? They were coming over today. Evidently my oldest grandson was acting up and she use our visit as a threat and then when he didn't comply she took the visit away. She text me a few minutes ago that he would not be staying. I text her back fine, they can stay some other times. She called.

She asked, then you don't want any of them to stay? I said, no. I will not be used as a punishment when no one else is. I refuse, we have gone over this before. I cannot keep you from punishing your children as you see fit but I do not have to agree or comply with your choices.

I do not disagree that they need punishments and discipline I disagree with using me to enforce it and taking away my limited time with them.

end rant.

You're 100% correct. As flattering as it may be that your grand children think not getting to see you is a really bad thing, family time is just too important to squander. It's just not an appropriate punishment.

I hope you can get your daughter to see the light.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
01-01-2016, 12:45 PM

end rant.

Aw I'm sorry! You're right, in an attempt to discipline she's punishing you too. That's really too bad Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
01-01-2016, 12:50 PM
(01-01-2016 12:44 PM)Aliza Wrote:  

end rant.

You're 100% correct. As flattering as it may be that your grand children think not getting to see you is a really bad thing, family time is just too important to squander. It's just not an appropriate punishment.

I hope you can get your daughter to see the light.

Thanks, I've talked to my ex (her dad) about this and he's in total agreement with me and has tried to speak with her on my behalf but she still goes there. She is not a very effective disciplinarian and she gets easily flustered so I know why it happens, just don't agree with it. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
01-01-2016, 02:10 PM

end rant.

I'm sorry but that's bullshit.

Even tho I absolutely hated my grandmother, I still always encouraged her to spend time with her great grand boys. I never used them as a tool, because never it worked.

Plus I'd get time without them around to further piss me off.

My mother in law, would spoil the boys endlessly. I loved that! She had a drawer filled with candy...they'd just take what they wanted. Lol.

They have the best memories of hanging with grandma and grandpa.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-01-2016, 02:14 PM
my mother in law is back in the hospital. The wound opened wider with more fluid draining. The surgeon thinks there is an infection and wants to resect the area and replace something.

Of course that could just cause another buildup of fluid in a couple weeks. Dodgy

She's going to be IV antibiotics for the next 4-6 weeks.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces