Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-01-2016, 08:51 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-01-2016 08:49 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 08:45 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I heard that japan was not expensive at all, especially if you don't live in tokyo. And i am trying to go to a language school. I would do anything for the money needed to go

OK for two thousand bucks you can take a course in TEFL which is teaching English as a Foreign Language and then if you have a college degree in most anything you can work anydamnwheres in the world. NO shortage of options.

So what if I don't have a college degree.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2016, 10:46 PM
(03-01-2016 08:51 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 08:49 PM)DerFish Wrote:  OK for two thousand bucks you can take a course in TEFL which is teaching English as a Foreign Language and then if you have a college degree in most anything you can work anydamnwheres in the world. NO shortage of options.

Get one. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2016, 06:34 AM
(03-01-2016 10:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 08:51 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So what if I don't have a college degree.

Get one. Drinking Beverage

But I ain't goin' to college here.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-01-2016, 07:03 AM
(01-01-2016 10:41 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 12:06 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I started early and was doing really well until I ran across "18 Real Life People Who Inspired the Most Viral Internet Memes Ever."

Click...wait...photo...click...wait...caption...click...wait...photo...click...w​ait...caption...

stupid slideshow Angry

It wouldn't be so bad if they just gave you a list, but noooo they have to keep you on the page as long as possible and have different size photos that move the "next" arrow just as you're about to click on it accidentally sending you off to some random advertiser you don't give a shit about.

But...I have to admit The Overly Attached Girlfriend is actually pretty hot in real life. Thumbsup

Facepalm

How's your resolution coming so far, Beans? I ran across the ultimate click bait article ever this morning, and thought of you. Yes, I'm going to click. Yes I expect to be fully dissapointed. Laugh out load

[Image: OiuF1W7.jpg]

ETA: Oooooh another good one! Heart
[Image: DEu1IXr.jpg]

It's going great so far! Most of the time I've been able to avoid that first click, but the one time I didn't I recognized it right away and closed the tab before getting sucked in.

I'm going to get so much done this year. Big Grin

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
04-01-2016, 07:08 AM
I saw an ad for "Men's Marvel Long Sleeve Shirts" with the Superman "S" on the chest. Dodgy

That's just as bad as the idiot at Victoria's Secret that came up with this design:

[Image: msu-shirtjpeg-dc53619426498f5d.jpeg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
04-01-2016, 08:03 AM
People in cars need to grow up!
04-01-2016, 08:04 AM
(03-01-2016 03:55 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(01-01-2016 12:36 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Warning Child Rearing Rant!

I will not be used as punishment for my grandsons! I have had several discussion with my daughter over this issue. They live 45-50 miles from me and I normally get to see them 2 times a month, usually for an overnight stay. They live 2 miles from all their other grand and great grandparents that they get to see several times a week. AND YET my daughter will not quit using me as a "hold" over the boys for their behavior (it never works) and she winds up punishing them by not letting them come or not letting them spend the night.

This makes me furious. I have explained to her I feel this is unfair as if they get refused to see the other grandparents one night then they just see them the next day, no biggie but if I get refused the visit I might not see them for weeks or even more than a month. How is this fair?

She uses other punishments when they aren't coming to stay so why can't she use those when they are? They were coming over today. Evidently my oldest grandson was acting up and she use our visit as a threat and then when he didn't comply she took the visit away. She text me a few minutes ago that he would not be staying. I text her back fine, they can stay some other times. She called.

She asked, then you don't want any of them to stay? I said, no. I will not be used as a punishment when no one else is. I refuse, we have gone over this before. I cannot keep you from punishing your children as you see fit but I do not have to agree or comply with your choices.

I do not disagree that they need punishments and discipline I disagree with using me to enforce it and taking away my limited time with them.

end rant.

Make your daughter sit in the corner for half an hour!

I called yesterday and ask to have the boys, she said okay, when? I said now. She said she'd meet me in an hour, they were having lunch. I said, great!

From now on I'm just not giving notice until she's willing to stop using me to control her kids. I made a point yesterday when I picked them up....

Me: Do you ever ground them from going to Boy Scouts.
Her: No?
Me: Why not?
Her: Because we have to go, we're the troop leaders, we have to be there.
Me: One of you could stay home and the other could go.
Her: Mom!
Me: So what you're saying is you're willing to inconvenience everyone but yourself?
Her: *sigh*

Big Grin

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
04-01-2016, 08:07 AM
(03-01-2016 08:51 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 08:49 PM)DerFish Wrote:  OK for two thousand bucks you can take a course in TEFL which is teaching English as a Foreign Language and then if you have a college degree in most anything you can work anydamnwheres in the world. NO shortage of options.

The school where I went for my TEFL certificate assured one in their literature that they could teach English without a degree of any kind, and that the school would guarantee one a job upon graduation. But that is not true. Most every country requires that one have a degree in something to be a teacher, they will not issue a work visa if not.. Since I was already 63 at the time it was a bit late to enroll in a college and get a 4 year degree. But here in the Dominican Republic I have been teaching English as a volunteer. NO degree needed.
04-01-2016, 08:09 AM
(03-01-2016 07:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 03:52 PM)DerFish Wrote:  My daddy would have said "I hope the engineer that came up with that shit died a slow, long, painful, lingering death."

I'm pretty sure it was a designer or a marketing guy, not an engineer. Consider

I think my dad knew the guy. (It's where I first heard the story). (dad knew lotsa bigwigs at GM - as the company he was VP for provided the essential service tools for Olds, and most of the other GM brands).

As I recall he was a senior VP -- probably marketing.....

I'll ask him later...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-01-2016, 09:01 AM
(04-01-2016 08:07 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 08:51 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So what if I don't have a college degree.

The school where I went for my TEFL certificate assured one in their literature that they could teach English without a degree of any kind, and that the school would guarantee one a job upon graduation. But that is not true. Most every country requires that one have a degree in something to be a teacher, they will not issue a work visa if not.. Since I was already 63 at the time it was a bit late to enroll in a college and get a 4 year degree. But here in the Dominican Republic I have been teaching English as a volunteer. NO degree needed.

Seems interesting, so do I have to go to the dominican republic, or can I teach there online. And is there a age limit.