Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-01-2016, 06:46 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(14-01-2016 05:19 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 01:18 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  A friend named Emily shared this bullshit on Facebook:

[Image: wives-names.jpg]

1) Define "best wife"
2) What criteria was used to determine "best wife"
3) There are exactly zero non-western sounding names on the list. I mean, really? Was their entire population sample made up of suburban white girls in the U.S.?
4) Someone actually created this list and hit "post"
5) Woman's Own magazine thought it was worth sharing on their Facebook page
6) Almost 35,000 people "liked" it...
7) ...About 165,000 shared it...
8) ...and 66,106 people commented on it. Blink
9) And worst of all, why the fuck does this stupid list someone obviously pulled out of their ass piss me off so much that I would spend any time at all ranting about it? Censored

Well...now that I got that out of my system. Back to work! Big Grin

Oh my poor sweet Beans. You've fallen victim to just another form of click bait. The people who make these lists KNOW they are complete bullshit, but they also know: 1. Women who see their name on the list will 'like' and 'share' in order to boast, and 2. Women who don't see their name will comment or share complaining. Either way, increased traffic for the site.

Nooooo! I was doing so well... Weeping

Thank you for the explanation though. Now I'll be on my guard against this kind of clickbate too. Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2016, 09:15 PM
(14-01-2016 02:53 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Her parents named her Virginia, they called her virgin for short, but not for long, now they call her Lucy!

[Image: ISeeWhat.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Fucking printers, never want to work correctly.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
15-01-2016, 10:59 AM
I stopped responding to Facebook PMs from this former, hugs way too much and lingers coworker last spring. And he still messages me. Last month was "how ya doin, darlin?"

Ugh. Don't call me darlin. I'm not your fucking darling.

And now I get another PM. "Whatcha up to?"

How fucking hard is it to take a goddamn hint? I DONT WANT TO FUCK YOU, DUDE! If I did, we would have by now. Angry

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
15-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Furthermore, does this happen to most other women? Why do I have this problem with men thinking they can cross this line? Is it because I'm too nice? Fucking bastards. This is not the first time I've ranted on here about this kind of bullshit.

I'm torn between ignoring this message, too, or saying in much nicer words to fuck off. But see, that's the problem. I'm worried about being polite when clearly he isn't.

Angry

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
15-01-2016, 12:06 PM
(15-01-2016 12:00 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Furthermore, does this happen to most other women? Why do I have this problem with men thinking they can cross this line? Is it because I'm too nice? Fucking bastards. This is not the first time I've ranted on here about this kind of bullshit.

I'm torn between ignoring this message, too, or saying in much nicer words to fuck off. But see, that's the problem. I'm worried about being polite when clearly he isn't.

Angry

I think if you want him to go away you should tell him to politely fuck off. Based on my experience, *some* men sometimes have a hard time getting that you are not interested and so you have to be very direct about it.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-01-2016, 12:18 PM
(15-01-2016 12:00 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Furthermore, does this happen to most other women? Why do I have this problem with men thinking they can cross this line? Is it because I'm too nice? Fucking bastards. This is not the first time I've ranted on here about this kind of bullshit.

Angry

Maybe it would be easier to block him, so you won't see the messages.

I've had similar experiences, and they are never easy to deal with. It's amazing how oblivious some guys can be and then how angry some get when they finally corner you into saying "no, I don't want to go out with you," no matter how politely you say it. Good luck!
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
15-01-2016, 12:31 PM
(15-01-2016 12:18 PM)julep Wrote:  

Angry

Maybe it would be easier to block him, so you won't see the messages.

I've had similar experiences, and they are never easy to deal with. It's amazing how oblivious some guys can be and then how angry some get when they finally corner you into saying "no, I don't want to go out with you," no matter how politely you say it. Good luck!

Great idea - I just blocked him.

[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
15-01-2016, 12:56 PM
Just a few more days of hell...

I hope.

I hope.

I sincerely hope. Once she's off the IV antibiotics, we're done. Big Grin

I'm going to her house on Monday, cleaning the shit out of it. I'm hoping she gets a good report on Tuesday because then she's on her own. I'll probably bring her dinner on Tuesday or maybe I'll just get her McDonald's Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

15-01-2016, 02:28 PM

Angry

I am an old guy, gonna be 70 ina few months, and I find that many women think they are saying something when in reality they ain't said shit. I heard some other time from a lady for several months and somehow I was too stupid to realize that she thought she was saying "Not interested." don't know how vague your answers have been to him, but is that the problem?
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post