Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-01-2016, 05:05 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(15-01-2016 03:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Some people will tell themselves things like "Maybe she really likes me and there's just a problem with her XYZ account?" Sometimes when people in are in love/like/lust with another person they will only see things they want to see and have trouble separating themselves from the reality of the situation.

My problem was always the opposite. I was always terrified of girls I liked. Come to find out, half a century later, I apparently was more popular with the girls than I thought. "Why didn't you ever ask me out?" "You didn't tell me you wanted me to." Well, there's half a century I'll never get back.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post
15-01-2016, 05:47 PM
(15-01-2016 04:38 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(15-01-2016 03:19 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah, you really need to be blunt. I've had a few enamored gentleman who wouldn't take the hint.... At some point in time, gently nudging them away doesn't work and if his attentions are boiling your blood, then you really need to get your point across.

Back in high school subtle was taught only to girls, not us guys. We think of it a dishonesty.

Too bad: it must be awful to think of an entire gender as dishonest.

Unfortunately, back in high school women weren't taught how to tell which men would take a straight rejection well and which would go batshit crazy. We women think of it as better safe than sorry (and we don't think it's true of all men, just enough of them to take precautions as a rule).
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
15-01-2016, 05:57 PM
(15-01-2016 05:47 PM)julep Wrote:  
(15-01-2016 04:38 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Back in high school subtle was taught only to girls, not us guys. We think of it a dishonesty.

Too bad: it must be awful to think of an entire gender as dishonest.

Unfortunately, back in high school women weren't taught how to tell which men would take a straight rejection well and which would go batshit crazy. We women think of it as better safe than sorry (and we don't think it's true of all men, just enough of them to take precautions as a rule).

Not really that I think of a whole gender as dishonest. Many can come out and tell the truth. But to me it seems that women are much more likely to be full of pretense than men. But yes I know that many men, such as married ones who tell ladies they are single are also into the same category.
15-01-2016, 06:39 PM
I want Chinese food for lunch but the chinese shop is 5minutes north and the grocery store (for a drink) is 5 minutes south. Whereas the KFC is right next to the grocery store...
16-01-2016, 02:05 AM
Whiny rant about being sick over a week

I feel like absolute shit. Last Friday I started feeling drained. By Sunday night I had swollen lymph nodes. Now I've been running fevers since Tuesday with terrible body aches and headaches, as well as my chest hurts with a deep breath. I worked Tuesday night and Wednesday I took pain medicine so I could go off gallivanting - went on an unofficial tour of an abandoned flares factory and an abandoned insane asylum. That drained all of my energy.I went to the nurse practitioner clinic on Thursday, and she told me I have a cold and not to worry about it until after ten days...I thought colds had runny noses, all that jazz. I've sweat more each hour of the past six than if I were to have run a goddamn 10K every hour. I had to call out last night. These lymph nodes are fucking all over my head, neck, shoulders, and upper back. They fucking HURT. My neck is killing me. I can't even lay back flat because the nodes on my upper back are too tender.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
16-01-2016, 02:20 AM
Sorry you're feeling crappy. When my nodes are swollen I wear a scarf or turtlneck shirt, this holds the heat to that area and promotes drainage. Which of course I'm sure you know.

Try to get as much rest as you can under the circumstances. I hope you feel better soon. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
16-01-2016, 02:26 AM
(16-01-2016 02:05 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Whiny rant about being sick over a week

I feel like absolute shit. Last Friday I started feeling drained. By Sunday night I had swollen lymph nodes. Now I've been running fevers since Tuesday with terrible body aches and headaches, as well as my chest hurts with a deep breath. I worked Tuesday night and Wednesday I took pain medicine so I could go off gallivanting - went on an unofficial tour of an abandoned flares factory and an abandoned insane asylum. That drained all of my energy.I went to the nurse practitioner clinic on Thursday, and she told me I have a cold and not to worry about it until after ten days...I thought colds had runny noses, all that jazz. I've sweat more each hour of the past six than if I were to have run a goddamn 10K every hour. I had to call out last night. These lymph nodes are fucking all over my head, neck, shoulders, and upper back. They fucking HURT. My neck is killing me. I can't even lay back flat because the nodes on my upper back are too tender.
Well it's dosen't sound like a walk in the park to me. Though walks in the park are bad too.

I'd love to give you a hug but I don't want to catch what you got so:

*Gentle pat on the head*

*Runs of to wash hands in boiling water*
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
16-01-2016, 02:30 AM
(16-01-2016 02:26 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 02:05 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Whiny rant about being sick over a week

Well it's dosen't sound like a walk in the park to me. Though walks in the park are bad too.

*Gentle pat on the head*

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load....owww

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
16-01-2016, 02:38 AM
(16-01-2016 02:30 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 02:26 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Well it's dosen't sound like a walk in the park to me. Though walks in the park are bad too.

*Gentle pat on the head*

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load....owww

Stay back, don't come close.
16-01-2016, 07:01 AM
(15-01-2016 06:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I want Chinese food for lunch but the chinese shop is 5minutes north and the grocery store (for a drink) is 5 minutes south. Whereas the KFC is right next to the grocery store...

Lazy cunt, KFC isn't very good. If the Chinese is even passable in taste, I'd go with them pretty much every time. Lucky for me I have the best Chinese restaurant I have ever had in my life 5 minutes from my house. Expensive, but amazing. AND they have a drive though. Eat a bag of dicks, KFC.