Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-01-2016, 07:44 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(16-01-2016 02:05 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Whiny rant about being sick over a week

I feel like absolute shit. Last Friday I started feeling drained. By Sunday night I had swollen lymph nodes. Now I've been running fevers since Tuesday with terrible body aches and headaches, as well as my chest hurts with a deep breath. I worked Tuesday night and Wednesday I took pain medicine so I could go off gallivanting - went on an unofficial tour of an abandoned flares factory and an abandoned insane asylum. That drained all of my energy.I went to the nurse practitioner clinic on Thursday, and she told me I have a cold and not to worry about it until after ten days...I thought colds had runny noses, all that jazz. I've sweat more each hour of the past six than if I were to have run a goddamn 10K every hour. I had to call out last night. These lymph nodes are fucking all over my head, neck, shoulders, and upper back. They fucking HURT. My neck is killing me. I can't even lay back flat because the nodes on my upper back are too tender.

I ain't scared of your germs, I wll give you a big warm hug!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
16-01-2016, 04:27 PM
(16-01-2016 07:01 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(15-01-2016 06:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I want Chinese food for lunch but the chinese shop is 5minutes north and the grocery store (for a drink) is 5 minutes south. Whereas the KFC is right next to the grocery store...

Lazy cunt, KFC isn't very good. If the Chinese is even passable in taste, I'd go with them pretty much every time. Lucky for me I have the best Chinese restaurant I have ever had in my life 5 minutes from my house. Expensive, but amazing. AND they have a drive though. Eat a bag of dicks, KFC.

Firstly, KFC is delicious. Secondly, normally I would agree and have Chinese food over KFC 99% of the time. The chinese place 5minutes away is incredibly good too.
However, the only time I go to KFC is when they have a certain special on which they haven't had on for like the last 2 months and I'd had Chinese food from that place for 5 days straight (not that that's necessarily a bad thing, I could eat there every day and not get sick of it.). Plus I really needed to go to the grocery store.
16-01-2016, 04:34 PM
(16-01-2016 04:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 07:01 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Lazy cunt, KFC isn't very good. If the Chinese is even passable in taste, I'd go with them pretty much every time. Lucky for me I have the best Chinese restaurant I have ever had in my life 5 minutes from my house. Expensive, but amazing. AND they have a drive though. Eat a bag of dicks, KFC.

Firstly, KFC is delicious. Secondly, normally I would agree and have Chinese food over KFC 99% of the time. The chinese place 5minutes away is incredibly good too.
However, the only time I go to KFC is when they have a certain special on which they haven't had on for like the last 2 months and I'd had Chinese food from that place for 5 days straight (not that that's necessarily a bad thing, I could eat there every day and not get sick of it.). Plus I really needed to go to the grocery store.
It seems to me that your original scenario was entirely true then. (^_^)
16-01-2016, 10:36 PM

I feel like absolute shit. Last Friday I started feeling drained. By Sunday night I had swollen lymph nodes. Now I've been running fevers since Tuesday with terrible body aches and headaches, as well as my chest hurts with a deep breath. I worked Tuesday night and Wednesday I took pain medicine so I could go off gallivanting - went on an unofficial tour of an abandoned flares factory and an abandoned insane asylum. That drained all of my energy.I went to the nurse practitioner clinic on Thursday, and she told me I have a cold and not to worry about it until after ten days...I thought colds had runny noses, all that jazz. I've sweat more each hour of the past six than if I were to have run a goddamn 10K every hour. I had to call out last night. These lymph nodes are fucking all over my head, neck, shoulders, and upper back. They fucking HURT. My neck is killing me. I can't even lay back flat because the nodes on my upper back are too tender.

Sounds like the flu. Hug Miserable fucking disease. I get the flu, I drink vats of hot chicken broth and bundle up in lots of blankets and stuff.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-01-2016, 10:42 PM
(16-01-2016 07:01 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(15-01-2016 06:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I want Chinese food for lunch but the chinese shop is 5minutes north and the grocery store (for a drink) is 5 minutes south. Whereas the KFC is right next to the grocery store...

Lazy cunt, KFC isn't very good. If the Chinese is even passable in taste, I'd go with them pretty much every time. Lucky for me I have the best Chinese restaurant I have ever had in my life 5 minutes from my house. Expensive, but amazing. AND they have a drive though. Eat a bag of dicks, KFC.

Chi foo is always better than KFC. And that bag of dicks would seem to be in Burns, Oregon, these days. Tongue I told my wife about the candy dildos being sent to them and she got annoyed. I think it is hilarious, myself.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
17-01-2016, 12:35 AM
(16-01-2016 10:36 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

Sounds like the flu. Hug Miserable fucking disease. I get the flu, I drink vats of hot chicken broth and bundle up in lots of blankets and stuff.

For any head or chest cold/flu, Dr. Chas prescribes hot & sour soup. Smartass

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
17-01-2016, 04:11 AM
(17-01-2016 12:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 10:36 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Sounds like the flu. Hug Miserable fucking disease. I get the flu, I drink vats of hot chicken broth and bundle up in lots of blankets and stuff.

For any head or chest cold/flu, Dr. Chas prescribes hot & sour soup. Smartass

Dr Dog (MD) prescribes lemon and honey in your cuppa tea Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
17-01-2016, 10:07 AM
(28-12-2011 06:40 PM)Leela Wrote:  Sometimes you feel like ranting, I thought why not have a bit of room where you can randomly rant.

I give it a headstart with my short rant

I hate it when I am in a forum (no matter which), reading a topic and suddenly find a comment like this "we talked about this already, here is the link..." or "not again! come on we had this topic three times already!" etc. you get where I'm going.

That's so annoying!

A forum is there to talk about things. To have a conversation.

If I talk to my brother about the sun and the next day my neighbour tells me about the sun. I am not telling him "come on, I talked about the sun yesterday already. Here listen to the tape, I recorded it, if you have something to add you can come back to me."

Sorry this is not how conversations work. Something new might come up, new members join all the time and want to talk it off their chest (whatever it is). Everyone thinks that what they have to say is a bit different from what has been there in the past.
The good thing is, this is the internet, so you do not have to click the thread or read it all if you know all the points already.
If it annoys you, ignore it. Works fine, trust me.

I have seen interesting forums die from exactly that, especially forums that had it in the rules, kinda like "don't start a thread that has been there already"
I had my own forum in the past and it worked just fine even with threads that came again in variations. The only thing I did was pointing out that they might find some helpful information in the old threads, too.

ok, done,
thanks for the attention *hides*

likelikelikelikelike Big Grin

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
17-01-2016, 10:20 AM
(16-01-2016 04:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 07:01 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Lazy cunt, KFC isn't very good. If the Chinese is even passable in taste, I'd go with them pretty much every time. Lucky for me I have the best Chinese restaurant I have ever had in my life 5 minutes from my house. Expensive, but amazing. AND they have a drive though. Eat a bag of dicks, KFC.

Okay then. I guess you're forgiven. And since you don't know how good Americian Southern food can actually be I'll even give you a pass on that. You don't know any better. You're still lazy though. Big Grin

17-01-2016, 01:12 PM
Arghhagahahahhahghhhhhh...I'm so tired of being sick. I'm bored. At least my splitting headache subsided for now, just as I'm also capable of staying awake for more than 2 hours at a time. This must have been the flu. I'm going on what...9 days of feeling like shit?

I wanna get out and do things. Or clean my apartment. But just walking to the bathroom still takes my breath away and intensifies my headache. Fuck cabin fever.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman