Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-01-2016, 04:52 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Nurse chronicles entry #432. I made it out of the apartment. Pushed myself too hard in Target, got dizzy went to checkout line and bought my stuff. Didn't get everything. Nearly passed out walking to the line to get an icee and cup of water. Sitting in their cafe until I can safely walk across the parking lot to my car. Sad

And my sick food is the original Campbell's chicken noodle soup. Don't give me that healthy request/low sodium/chunky crap. I want the tiny noodles with the "I think that's a piece of chicken/celery/carrot" bits and tons of broth. Mmmmmmm...I'm gonna have a bowl when I make it out of here alive.

TL;DR I am Frodo, staring at the gates of Mordor, longing for Nurseshire where there is Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. The hardest part of this epic journey will be crossing the parking lot once this bout of dizziness subsides.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
17-01-2016, 05:25 PM
(17-01-2016 04:52 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Nurse chronicles entry #432. I made it out of the apartment. Pushed myself too hard in Target, got dizzy went to checkout line and bought my stuff. Didn't get everything. Nearly passed out walking to the line to get an icee and cup of water. Sitting in their cafe until I can safely walk across the parking lot to my car. Sad

And my sick food is the original Campbell's chicken noodle soup. Don't give me that healthy request/low sodium/chunky crap. I want the tiny noodles with the "I think that's a piece of chicken/celery/carrot" bits and tons of broth. Mmmmmmm...I'm gonna have a bowl when I make it out of here alive.

TL;DR I am Frodo, staring at the gates of Mordor, longing for Nurseshire where there is Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. The hardest part of this epic journey will be crossing the parking lot once this bout of dizziness subsides.

Kill it with vodka. Yes
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
17-01-2016, 05:50 PM
(17-01-2016 05:25 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 04:52 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Nurse chronicles entry #432. I made it out of the apartment. Pushed myself too hard in Target, got dizzy went to checkout line and bought my stuff. Didn't get everything. Nearly passed out walking to the line to get an icee and cup of water. Sitting in their cafe until I can safely walk across the parking lot to my car. Sad

Kill it with vodka. Yes

Made it home. Too wiped/short of breath to pour a can of soup into a bowl and put it in the microwave. Can't even comprehend what alcohol would do to me - probably land me in the hospital. And now that I'm lying in bed I realized my water bottle needs to be refilled. I hate living alone. Sad but at least there's no one here to make sick.

I'm not even sniffly - at least no moreso than my daily environmental allergies. That's the baffling part of it all.

Sadcryface I'm strongly considering moving back in with my parents. I miss my son, stability, having other people around, and hate giving my ex money. I never know where I'm going to be from one day to the next, and my son doesn't ever know if he's going to get to see mommy that week or not. I'm so miserable. It would give me the opportunity to pay off some of my debt and one day not be barely making it from paycheck to paycheck. This isn't living. This could also be exacerbated by illness and PMS. Cons to moving back in with the parents are that I *have* to go to church if I'm not working/playing Christian in my own home, have to quit my hospital - including my brand new position, take a major pay cut, and work for an employer that treats its nurses like shit.

I would apply tomorrow, but I wouldn't be able to afford to break my lease nor continue paying for my apartment because of the paucity, even with not having to pay child support - yeh, thenpaycut is THAT big (and Nashville is expensive as fuck).

Ok. After that rant, maybe I can make myself a bowl of soup.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
17-01-2016, 07:24 PM
(17-01-2016 05:25 PM)pablo Wrote:  Kill it with vodka. Yes

That's your advice for everything.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
17-01-2016, 11:15 PM
(17-01-2016 05:50 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Ok. After that rant, maybe I can make myself a bowl of soup.

Sad Hug Heart

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-01-2016, 11:48 PM
Feel better nurse. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-01-2016, 01:55 AM
(17-01-2016 05:50 PM)Nurse Wrote:  

Made it home. Too wiped/short of breath to pour a can of soup into a bowl and put it in the microwave. Can't even comprehend what alcohol would do to me - probably land me in the hospital. And now that I'm lying in bed I realized my water bottle needs to be refilled. I hate living alone. Sad but at least there's no one here to make sick.

I'm not even sniffly - at least no moreso than my daily environmental allergies. That's the baffling part of it all.

Sadcryface I'm strongly considering moving back in with my parents. I miss my son, stability, having other people around, and hate giving my ex money. I never know where I'm going to be from one day to the next, and my son doesn't ever know if he's going to get to see mommy that week or not. I'm so miserable. It would give me the opportunity to pay off some of my debt and one day not be barely making it from paycheck to paycheck. This isn't living. This could also be exacerbated by illness and PMS. Cons to moving back in with the parents are that I *have* to go to church if I'm not working/playing Christian in my own home, have to quit my hospital - including my brand new position, take a major pay cut, and work for an employer that treats its nurses like shit.

I would apply tomorrow, but I wouldn't be able to afford to break my lease nor continue paying for my apartment because of the paucity, even with not having to pay child support - yeh, thenpaycut is THAT big (and Nashville is expensive as fuck).

Ok. After that rant, maybe I can make myself a bowl of soup.
Poor nurse. I hope you get well soon.

*Gently pat on hea. . . . *

Arrrgh, fuck it.

*HUG!*
18-01-2016, 03:47 AM
This is a whine more than a rant but...

I'm cold!!! It's cold here (comparatively) and though my house is relatively small and not hard or expensive to heat, the living room is colder than everywhere else. There's a draft coming from my front living room windows (double paned double windows, vinyl). They are closed properly but still a steady draft. Sadcryface2

This needs to be fixed but I need it something I can do myself, not hire someone. Guess I'll go to Lowe's tomorrow and see what they have to offer.

The windows are covered with blinds and drapes, I never open either (they're behind furniture and I have other windows for light). I don't DO ladders so if they need recaulked I'm in trouble because I can't reach the top with just a single step stepstool.

Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
18-01-2016, 06:22 AM
Just rode home, at 1am, on my bicycle in the pouring rain and got completely drenched. At least I had the sense to put my jacket in my bag so that wouldn't get completely drenched. Same can't be said for my jeans though.
18-01-2016, 06:43 AM
(17-01-2016 07:24 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  

That's your advice for everything.

That's cause it works. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post