Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-01-2016, 07:26 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(18-01-2016 06:43 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 07:24 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  That's your advice for everything.

That's cause it works. Drinking Beverage

I didn't say it was bad advice, did I? Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
18-01-2016, 07:29 AM
(18-01-2016 06:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just rode home, at 1am, on my bicycle in the pouring rain and got completely drenched. At least I had the sense to put my jacket in my bag so that wouldn't get completely drenched. Same can't be said for my jeans though.

Speaking of drinking...muffs?

You got completely drenched. You brought your jacket so at least you didn't get completely drenched. But your jeans got completely drenched.

18-01-2016, 08:39 AM
And so the week of fuck-all sleep continues...

I just want to sleep... I'm so tired BUT I CAN'T SLEEP! Weeping

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-01-2016, 12:08 PM
(18-01-2016 08:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  And so the week of fuck-all sleep continues...

Just lie down. Years ago my bro told me that if you just lie down and close your eyes, even if you're awake, you get 70% of the benefit of being asleep. I never fact-checked it, it sounds like a total lie, but it cured my insomnia. I no longer worried that I was unable to sleep, I just would lie down and close my eyes anyway, and often that lack of worry was enough to let me sleep anyway, but even if it wasn't, I'd still feel rested.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-01-2016, 12:11 PM
(18-01-2016 08:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  And so the week of fuck-all sleep continues...

Dude, they have pills for that.

#sigh
18-01-2016, 12:22 PM
(18-01-2016 12:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Just lie down. Years ago my bro told me that if you just lie down and close your eyes, even if you're awake, you get 70% of the benefit of being asleep. I never fact-checked it, it sounds like a total lie, but it cured my insomnia. I no longer worried that I was unable to sleep, I just would lie down and close my eyes anyway, and often that lack of worry was enough to let me sleep anyway, but even if it wasn't, I'd still feel rested.

A doctor once told me it is 40 per cent.
18-01-2016, 12:25 PM
(18-01-2016 12:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  

I tired that, but alas it was of no help to me.

(18-01-2016 12:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Dude, they have pills for that.

I'm already on one drug (fluoxetine), so I don't want to start taking any more until I've been able to speak with my doc about it...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-01-2016, 12:27 PM
(18-01-2016 12:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm already on one drug (fluoxetine), so I don't want to start taking any more until I've been able to speak with my doc about it...

Melatonin works and has no known LD-50.

#sigh
18-01-2016, 12:36 PM
(18-01-2016 12:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 12:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm already on one drug (fluoxetine), so I don't want to start taking any more until I've been able to speak with my doc about it...

Melatonin works and has no known LD-50.

I'll see what my doc thinks about that tomorrow.

18-01-2016, 12:44 PM
(18-01-2016 12:36 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 12:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Melatonin works and has no known LD-50.

I'll see what my doc thinks about that tomorrow.

As long as you are of adult age and living in the US I can almost guarantee they won't have a problem with it. If you live in one of the less enlightened countries like Canada, the UK, or Oz you might be fucked.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post