Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-01-2016, 05:42 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(22-01-2016 05:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Having a BBQ with my flatmates tonight. I said I would bring potato salad because I feel like I'm the kind of person that brings the potato salad to these sorts of things. You know how you have the certain people that always bring certain things, like some bring lots of yuck green salad thing, one person brings some sort of exotic shit that nobody eats, others bring deserts, one person always cheaps out and just brings a store brought packet of biscuits and one person always brings the potato salad. I feel like I'm the potato salad bringing kinda guy.
This was all before I realized I'd never made potato salad in my life of course. Damn, why couldn't I be the cop-out bring a packet of biscuits kinda guy.

Better yet -- seeing you don't drink -- bring beer ----

The absolute cheapest shit......

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
22-01-2016, 05:42 PM
To quote Ian Frazier's incredibly awesome Cursing Mommy:

"Oh, what a fucking horrible day this has been."
22-01-2016, 05:53 PM
(22-01-2016 05:42 PM)julep Wrote:  To quote Ian Frazier's incredibly awesome Cursing Mommy:

Any day that you're still above ground at the end of, and able to comment on - is a good day......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
22-01-2016, 06:04 PM
(22-01-2016 05:53 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 05:42 PM)julep Wrote:  To quote Ian Frazier's incredibly awesome Cursing Mommy:

Any day that you're still above ground at the end of, and able to comment on - is a good day......

I think I'm about three-quarters underground, but okay..

I therefore bequeath to you a day filled with bassoon straps and cracked car windshields. Make sure that your bassoon straps are available for Saturday and Sunday rehearsals (extra points if you can score a bassoon strap from a teacher you have met two minutes ago) and that your car windshields can withstand two feet of snow. Go!!! Get On It!!! Why are you just standing there? All-State auditions are tomorrow at 9 a.m.
22-01-2016, 06:40 PM
(22-01-2016 05:42 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 05:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Having a BBQ with my flatmates tonight. I said I would bring potato salad because I feel like I'm the kind of person that brings the potato salad to these sorts of things. You know how you have the certain people that always bring certain things, like some bring lots of yuck green salad thing, one person brings some sort of exotic shit that nobody eats, others bring deserts, one person always cheaps out and just brings a store brought packet of biscuits and one person always brings the potato salad. I feel like I'm the potato salad bringing kinda guy.
This was all before I realized I'd never made potato salad in my life of course. Damn, why couldn't I be the cop-out bring a packet of biscuits kinda guy.

Better yet -- seeing you don't drink -- bring beer ----

The absolute cheapest shit......

Wink

I was actually also charged with bring drinks.
I brought some bubbly. Bubbly soft drink.
23-01-2016, 06:57 PM
The potato salad was a hit.

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐□-□
(⌐□_□)

Which is good because I put a lot of effort into it. It wasn't your typical potato salad. I boiled some potatoes. In a separate pan I fried up some onion, added a cup of water and a cup of white vinegar, a couple table spoons of sugar and a couple piled tablespoons of fancy grainy mustard. Mix it all up and let it simmer for 5 minutes or so. Take the potatoes out, chop up into pieces. Boil some eggs. Fry up some bacon. Chop up some celery. Half the eggs, chop up the bacon. Add potato to broth, add bacon, add celery. Get everything nice and covered in the broth. Add egg and a bit of chopped up parcely. There's your motherfucking potato salad.
[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
23-01-2016, 08:18 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I knew it was hot but damn... I went out to get some lunch and I felt like I was being baked alive.
Came home and checked the temperature and it's 31 fucking degrees! 31!!! It sure as titty-fucking Christ doesn't get much hotter than that.

Hopefully we have reach peak heat for the summer.
23-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Spent the day doing laundry at mil's house.

Also I'm sick of the damn dog waking me up in the middle of night to give him a boost onto the bed...

Then after he gets on it....I'm tired of him pushing me off.

Fuck that shit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-01-2016, 08:47 PM
(23-01-2016 08:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I knew it was hot but damn... I went out to get some lunch and I felt like I was being baked alive.
Came home and checked the temperature and it's 31 fucking degrees! 31!!! It sure as titty-fucking Christ doesn't get much hotter than that.

Muffs, you live in paradise. In the Southern California desert, it sometimes gets up to 43 C. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
23-01-2016, 09:00 PM
(23-01-2016 08:47 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 08:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I knew it was hot but damn... I went out to get some lunch and I felt like I was being baked alive.

Muffs, you live in paradise. In the Southern California desert, it sometimes gets up to 43 C. Big Grin

But it's a dry heat.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post