Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-01-2016, 03:18 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(26-01-2016 03:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  I never get headaches. I have a headache. Dodgy

I suspect it's a rebound headache as I've been taking more pain meds than usual. Weeping

Edit: On the other hand, I have some other symptoms like muscle ache and congestion. Consider

Sounds like Ebola.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
26-01-2016, 03:19 PM
Blowing blood out all your bodily orifices sounds like ebola..............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
26-01-2016, 03:24 PM
(26-01-2016 03:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-01-2016 03:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  I never get headaches. I have a headache. Dodgy

I suspect it's a rebound headache as I've been taking more pain meds than usual. Weeping

Edit: On the other hand, I have some other symptoms like muscle ache and congestion. Consider

Sounds like Ebola.

Hmmm. Consider Not hemorrhaging. Yet. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-01-2016, 02:54 AM
My mom and aunt are planning an extended family cruise. Mom, dad, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, nieces, nephiews, in-laws...etc.

As of right now, I'm the only single person above the age of 5. I didn't realize this, but apparently cruise ships usually charge A LOT more for single occupancy cabins to make up for spoilage (revenue lost from not having another living body on the ship drinking their booze Dodgy ).

Anyway...my mom was discussing various options. Do I have a friend I'd like to bring? If my friend is a woman, she could always share a room with my mom and my dad and I could share a room...

Seriously? Can she be so naive to think that I would have a relationship with a woman serious enough that I could take her on a week long trip with my whole family and we wouldn't be having sex on a regular basis already? WTF? I've been married and divorced, and pretty much any woman I'd date would have her own history too - and often a handful of progeny to show for it, so it's not like we're both virgins trying to maintain our purity until we're joined in holy matrimony. Facepalm

But, they're still working out the details, so hopefully they're planning far enough in advance that if there are any solo cabins they'll still be available.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 4 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
27-01-2016, 05:25 AM
Why are books so fucking expensive and hard to get? Why nobody translate them? Most of my scholarly literature is in english and some books have such price that I'm afraid to even look at it. I'm tired of this shit.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
27-01-2016, 05:28 AM
(27-01-2016 05:25 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Why are books so fucking expensive and hard to get? Why nobody translate them? Most of my scholarly literature is in english and some books have such price that I'm afraid to even look at it. I'm tired of this shit.

Try here.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
27-01-2016, 05:33 AM
(27-01-2016 05:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 05:25 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Why are books so fucking expensive and hard to get? Why nobody translate them? Most of my scholarly literature is in english and some books have such price that I'm afraid to even look at it. I'm tired of this shit.

Try here.

After quick search it appears that books are even more expensive there. Though I will mark it for further use. Thanks.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
27-01-2016, 05:39 AM

Sad

Drink fluids, gets some rest. People get dehydrated in the winter because they don't realize that cold robs your body of moisture just like summer heat does.

Hope you feel better soon. Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
27-01-2016, 07:59 AM
(27-01-2016 05:39 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  

Sad

Drink fluids, gets some rest. People get dehydrated in the winter because they don't realize that cold robs your body of moisture just like summer heat does.

Hope you feel better soon. Hug

Thanks, I do think dehydration was part of it. I drank three glasses of water over the course of the evening and felt less worse by midnight.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-01-2016, 08:05 AM
FUCK schizophrenia.

Fuck the way it destroys lives. Fuck it for making people fearful of the afflicted, often unwarranted. Fuck it for the times there's a legitimate reason to be fearful. Fuck it for the suffering it causes. Few times in my career have I been that frightened. And I hate it. I fucking hate it. For the danger it put my patient in, for the danger it put me in. Fuck the US mental health system and its inadequacies. That patient is never going to receive the help he desperately needs - just enough to get him out of the present crisis.

And fuck the adrenaline rush at 0630 instead of the middle of the night. Now I'm going to have trouble going to sleep. And I'm going to have the image of a defeated, broken man dropping his head to his hand, after asking the homicidal voices "What do you want me to do?" burned in my brain. It was terrible. Absolutely heart wrenching. Sadcryface

If and when he hurts someone, that's on us. For not taking care of our vulnerable citizens. For letting them fall through the cracks.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post