Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-01-2016, 08:13 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(27-01-2016 08:05 AM)Nurse Wrote:  FUCK schizophrenia.

Fuck the way it destroys lives. Fuck it for making people fearful of the afflicted, often unwarranted. Fuck it for the times there's a legitimate reason to be fearful. Fuck it for the suffering it causes. Few times in my career have I been that frightened. And I hate it. I fucking hate it. For the danger it put my patient in, for the danger it put me in. Fuck the US mental health system and its inadequacies. That patient is never going to receive the help he desperately needs - just enough to get him out of the present crisis.

And fuck the adrenaline rush at 0630 instead of the middle of the night. Now I'm going to have trouble going to sleep. And I'm going to have the image of a defeated, broken man dropping his head to his hand, after asking the homicidal voices "What do you want me to do?" burned in my brain. It was terrible. Absolutely heart wrenching. Sadcryface

If and when he hurts someone, that's on us. For not taking care of our vulnerable citizens. For letting them fall through the cracks.

*HUG*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
27-01-2016, 08:17 AM

Fuck the way it destroys lives. Fuck it for making people fearful of the afflicted, often unwarranted. Fuck it for the times there's a legitimate reason to be fearful. Fuck it for the suffering it causes. Few times in my career have I been that frightened. And I hate it. I fucking hate it. For the danger it put my patient in, for the danger it put me in. Fuck the US mental health system and its inadequacies. That patient is never going to receive the help he desperately needs - just enough to get him out of the present crisis.

And fuck the adrenaline rush at 0630 instead of the middle of the night. Now I'm going to have trouble going to sleep. And I'm going to have the image of a defeated, broken man dropping his head to his hand, after asking the homicidal voices "What do you want me to do?" burned in my brain. It was terrible. Absolutely heart wrenching. Sadcryface

If and when he hurts someone, that's on us. For not taking care of our vulnerable citizens. For letting them fall through the cracks.

Sadcryface Hug That's horrible Sad

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-01-2016, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2016 02:48 AM by Lienda Bella.)
Grrrrr Double standards. I have such a peeve with people who demand certain things be followed a certain way, but they screw up doing it for themselves in nearly the same dam breath.

example 1: Jesus in piss. Remember how EVERYONE wanted to laugh at the Christians protesters and call them weak little pussies for feeling offended? I DO! >:x
Well, how much did the same people call the gunmen, who shot up everything over a drawing, weak little over-offended pussies? BARELY! In fact, I had the opportunity to listen to how we shouldn't offend the Muslims with drawings and criticism, because they happen to be a minority in good ol' western society. REALLY? NO! We're told to play nice toward their ideals, because they'll go shoot people. Well, screw that inequality, I say.

2: Once again, I see people saying how unfair it is to shoot a guy of group C for being one color and armed with a gun (ok. Fine), but then they turn around and act like group D should get shot more, AND saying at the same time "it's open season on C right now, and it's pure evil." It's like basically saying "You know what? Chris got shot, so let's suggest that they go mow down Denis to be fair. Denis looks a certain way that gets him more ease in life." WTF!
28-01-2016, 10:50 AM
People are stupid.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-01-2016, 11:11 AM
(28-01-2016 10:50 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  People are stupid.

I know, right?!
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
28-01-2016, 12:24 PM

http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/76369267/...ic-finding

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
28-01-2016, 01:09 PM
(28-01-2016 12:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/76369267/...ic-finding

I just read about that. It's amazing.

(Unrelated but I guess they're close to maybe finding a cure for type 1 diabetes too)

28-01-2016, 02:09 PM

Too bad a lot of them are in this site, pretending they aren't racists who think my color is more expendable.
28-01-2016, 02:10 PM
(28-01-2016 02:09 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  

Too bad a lot of them are in this site, pretending they aren't racists who think my color is more expendable.

Huh?

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-01-2016, 02:18 PM
(28-01-2016 02:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 02:09 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  Too bad a lot of them are in this site, pretending they aren't racists who think my color is more expendable.

Huh?

Rev can illuminate that a little.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.