Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-01-2016, 09:47 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(28-01-2016 09:40 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Thanks all... I appreciate your support. I think I'll accept the inevitable and retire. I'm too old to take this bullshit.

You just haven't found the right place. Smile If you want to work, don't let those two miserable ladies turn you off to other places of employment. There are many businesses out there that would be happy to have you work for them.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
28-01-2016, 10:07 PM
(28-01-2016 09:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 09:40 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Thanks all... I appreciate your support. I think I'll accept the inevitable and retire. I'm too old to take this bullshit.

You just haven't found the right place. Smile If you want to work, don't let those two miserable ladies turn you off to other places of employment. There are many businesses out there that would be happy to have you work for them.

Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
29-01-2016, 12:05 AM
(28-01-2016 09:04 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 08:49 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Watching the Republican debate? Yeah, I understand the rage. Hug

No, work. Two ladies I work with delivered me an uncalled for tag team bitchfest tonight. They were having a bad day and as the new person I got cornered to be the whipping boy. What pisses me off is that they not only tag teamed me but they wouldn't let me answer before shooting more questions or accusations at me. I clammed up and wouldn't answer until they shut up.

It was all I could do not to let them have it. When one of them tried to tell me she didn't appreciate my attitude before I even said anything. I spoke up and said what attitude, you haven't given me a chance to speak yet. She said, "They way you looked at us." FTS

I told her when I feel the need to give her attitude she will know it in no uncertain terms. Then I told her that I might be new here but I was not going to take the brunt of their bad day. Arrgggghhh! Evil_monsterEvil_monsterEvil_monsterEvil_monster

That's the kind of stuff that should be reported? WTF company is this that allows such behaviour? Those women are scum.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
29-01-2016, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2016 06:41 AM by Heatheness.)
It's a tax service. I started Monday for part time evenings for the tax season. Pay sux but it something. I was caught off guard and it just took me back, to be treated like that. I am too naive about people's behaviors I guess. I just never expect meaness so I'm always surprised.

29-01-2016, 12:38 AM
(28-01-2016 09:04 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 08:49 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Watching the Republican debate? Yeah, I understand the rage. Hug

No, work. Two ladies I work with delivered me an uncalled for tag team bitchfest tonight. They were having a bad day and as the new person I got cornered to be the whipping boy. What pisses me off is that they not only tag teamed me but they wouldn't let me answer before shooting more questions or accusations at me. I clammed up and wouldn't answer until they shut up.

It was all I could do not to let them have it. When one of them tried to tell me she didn't appreciate my attitude before I even said anything. I spoke up and said what attitude, you haven't given me a chance to speak yet. She said, "They way you looked at us." FTS

I told her when I feel the need to give her attitude she will know it in no uncertain terms. Then I told her that I might be new here but I was not going to take the brunt of their bad day. Arrgggghhh! Evil_monsterEvil_monsterEvil_monsterEvil_monster
*Hug*

People are assholes.
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
29-01-2016, 12:41 AM
(29-01-2016 12:19 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  It's a tax service. I started Monday for part time evenings for the tax season. Pay sux but it something. I was caught off guard and it kust took me back to be treated like that. I am too naive about people's behaviors I guess. I just never expect meaness so I'm always surprised.

I think you handled it OK though. Standing up to them is good. People with a bad personality like that need to be firmly opposed. Also I'd consider reporting it especially if it happens again. Even if it's just a case of making sure that there's a paper trail record of each incident. The company has a responsibility to provide a proper work environment, if there are records then it makes their life as well as yours easier, and grants you some modicum of protection too.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
29-01-2016, 06:45 AM
(29-01-2016 12:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 12:19 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  It's a tax service. I started Monday for part time evenings for the tax season. Pay sux but it something. I was caught off guard and it kust took me back to be treated like that. I am too naive about people's behaviors I guess. I just never expect meaness so I'm always surprised.

I think you handled it OK though. Standing up to them is good. People with a bad personality like that need to be firmly opposed. Also I'd consider reporting it especially if it happens again. Even if it's just a case of making sure that there's a paper trail record of each incident. The company has a responsibility to provide a proper work environment, if there are records then it makes their life as well as yours easier, and grants you some modicum of protection too.

It's just a part time temp job for 2 months. Not sure I want to report it but I'm still considering it. I am still looking for another job. It's not easy at my age to get work and I'm a bit over qualified for what available. People fear I'll leave if something more in my line and pay scale comes along. The average number of applicants for jobs offered here is 100-200. I just keep working at it.

Thx again for the support. Hug

29-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Yay - I just love getting paid only 47 hours for two weeks because they don't let orientees work overtime - I had 2 classes, so I didn't get to work 2 shifts. Plus, they didn't add in my sick leave for the night I called out. Only 36 of those hours had my night shift differential, and none of them had weekend shift diff.

Most weeks in CV I worked either 36 or 48, sometimes 60. My paycheck today was less than fucking half of what I had been making.

Mom is coming to my rescue.

Oh - and fuck apple for me not being able to use Java to utilize the time clock website from my iPhone. I might have averted this crisis and had I realized I didn't get credited my PTO.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
29-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Dear Ranting Corner,

Today I won't be ranting about anything. Today will be good day.

Thank you,
Moms

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-01-2016, 09:55 AM
No MSB rant today!
Sadcryface2

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post