Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-01-2016, 10:07 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I can't stop procrastinating and I have shit to do. I am well past the panic point (which is what I am usually waiting for to trigger my inner motivation) but I just can get up for it.

Le sigh.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
29-01-2016, 10:28 AM
(29-01-2016 10:07 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I can't stop procrastinating and I have shit to do. I am well past the panic point (which is what I am usually waiting for to trigger my inner motivation) but I just can get up for it.

Le sigh.

I do that too. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
29-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Found a great resource on starting a business set up by my government. There is so much regulation if you use radio's (the walkie-talkie kind) in your work place. Thank god I don't need those. Anyway, a lot of reading ahead. I'm getting there, 20 hours in 2 days doing security (so standing in 1 spot) is great motivation.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
29-01-2016, 11:39 AM
(29-01-2016 11:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Found a great resource on starting a business set up by my government. There is so much regulation if you use radio's (the walkie-talkie kind) in your work place. Thank god I don't need those. Anyway, a lot of reading ahead. I'm getting there, 20 hours in 2 days doing security (so standing in 1 spot) is great motivation.

Reminds me of fire watch on shore in the USN. I had to stand there in the middle of the night in an empty building for 4 hours looking up at a smoke detector making sure a fire didn't start. It was great motivation to go to university.

#sigh
29-01-2016, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2016 11:14 PM by Nurse.)
(29-01-2016 11:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Found a great resource on starting a business set up by my government. There is so much regulation if you use radio's (the walkie-talkie kind) in your work place. Thank god I don't need those. Anyway, a lot of reading ahead. I'm getting there, 20 hours in 2 days doing security (so standing in 1 spot) is great motivation.

Part of my motivation for a new job comes in the form of my shit show at work last night. I'm gonna apply to different ICUs (but not MICU - that's full of GI bleeds and poo everywhere) when I get back to Alabama and go to CRNA school after all, then I won't have to play in shit anymore. That'll be someone else's problem.

Decided to delete the details for a just in case HIPPA. Basically, my night consisted of enemas, diarrhea, HIV and Hepatitis C. As well as contact precautions.

[Image: a3879d0fb666a2970846a1271ddfd043.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
29-01-2016, 11:21 PM
(29-01-2016 11:39 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Reminds me of fire watch on shore in the USN. I had to stand there in the middle of the night in an empty building for 4 hours looking up at a smoke detector making sure a fire didn't start. It was great motivation to go to university.

Yeah, after I had my appendix removed, I was in a medical holding company for 3 months. My appendix had ruptured, but the Navy was a little late catching it. Anyway, as a Petty Officer, I got to have a desk job- sitting in the back of a transit barracks in the dark, monitoring a door so that guys didn't let miscreants in to cause trouble...from 8 PM until 8 AM. Nice job for a guy who could hardly stand up after 2 surgeries for an appendectomy, which took 3 weeks in the hospital operation/recovery. I should have died before I even had the surgery.
29-01-2016, 11:24 PM
(29-01-2016 08:24 PM)Nurse Wrote:  

Part of my motivation for a new job comes in the form of my shit show at work last night. I'm gonna apply to different ICUs (but not MICU - that's full of GI bleeds and poo everywhere) when I get back to Alabama and go to CRNA school after all, then I won't have to play in shit anymore. That'll be someone else's problem.

Decided to delete the details for a just in case HIPPA. Basically, my night consisted of enemas, diarrhea, HIV and Hepatitis C. As well as contact precautions.

[Image: a3879d0fb666a2970846a1271ddfd043.jpg]

I really hope you end up with something better. That's no consolation for the people who have to take over your work. If there really were angels, they'd appear as nurses, on earth.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
30-01-2016, 11:24 AM
My best friend is taking college courses, her favorite class is one where the teacher doesn't teach from the book, but gives lectures on the dangers of vaccines, how AIDS was created and distributed by the government, that ancient aliens bred humans as slaves and put them on earth to mine for gold, and how Planet X will eventually collide with earth and wipe us out. Facepalm I debunked every single one of course, and she admitted she doesn't believe everything he says, but does find him so interesting. Facepalm fuck Angry

Side rant: massive headache. Maybe from the facepalming Consider

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
30-01-2016, 11:27 AM
(30-01-2016 11:24 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  My best friend is taking college courses, her favorite class is one where the teacher doesn't teach from the book, but gives lectures on the dangers of vaccines, how AIDS was created and distributed by the government, that ancient aliens bred humans as slaves and put them on earth to mine for gold, and how Planet X will eventually collide with earth and wipe us out. Facepalm I debunked every single one of course, and she admitted she doesn't believe everything he says, but does find him so interesting. Facepalm fuck Angry

Yikes, what course is she taking?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-01-2016, 11:29 AM
(30-01-2016 11:27 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 11:24 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  My best friend is taking college courses, her favorite class is one where the teacher doesn't teach from the book, but gives lectures on the dangers of vaccines, how AIDS was created and distributed by the government, that ancient aliens bred humans as slaves and put them on earth to mine for gold, and how Planet X will eventually collide with earth and wipe us out. Facepalm I debunked every single one of course, and she admitted she doesn't believe everything he says, but does find him so interesting. Facepalm fuck Angry

Yikes, what course is she taking?

I think she said it was sociology. Just boils my blood. I always wondered how so many people can beleive stupid crap like this? Where does it come from? I feel like I've found the sausage factory... Wish I could shut it down.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post