Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-01-2016, 11:55 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(30-01-2016 11:29 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 11:27 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yikes, what course is she taking?

I think she said it was sociology. Just boils my blood. I always wondered how so many people can beleive stupid crap like this? Where does it come from? I feel like I've found the sausage factory... Wish I could shut it down.

Maybe the professor was talking about how beliefs/myths/urban legends in society are formed and your friend took it at face value--and not via the correct intent: i.e. this is how people believe things or how belief in various things are perpetuated by society?

I minored in Sociology in college and I had a few professors who had some out of the box teaching methods. If this professor really did mean all of the things he/she was saying and was not trying to creatively teach a topic by illustrating how incorrect belief systems are perpetuated, then hopefully your friend will have a moment of enlightenment and drop the class.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
30-01-2016, 12:01 PM
(30-01-2016 11:24 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  My best friend is taking college courses, her favorite class is one where the teacher doesn't teach from the book, but gives lectures on the dangers of vaccines, how AIDS was created and distributed by the government, that ancient aliens bred humans as slaves and put them on earth to mine for gold, and how Planet X will eventually collide with earth and wipe us out. Facepalm I debunked every single one of course, and she admitted she doesn't believe everything he says, but does find him so interesting. Facepalm fuck Angry

Side rant: massive headache. Maybe from the facepalming Consider

Shocking

Shocking

Facepalm

WTF? I'd report that shit. Talk about preaching the woo. Dollars wasted in that class. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
30-01-2016, 01:20 PM
(30-01-2016 11:29 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I feel like I've found the sausage factory... Wish I could shut it down.

I should think you'd rather enjoy a sausage factory... Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
30-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Someone pissed in someone's Cheerios.

Wasn't me.

Really.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-01-2016, 02:01 PM
(26-01-2016 04:48 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(26-01-2016 04:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's 11pm, I have my fan blasting on me on full, I have my windows wide open, my curtains open and I'm hot as balls.
There is literally noone suffering at the hands of crappy weather more on this planet than me.
Are you sure. I have the sun glaring right in my screen. I don't have any curtains yet I've only lived here for ten years.

Takes a while t get clear moved in? I've been here just since Christmas and yesterday I got a shower curtain installed!
30-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Well, this is fucked up day.

I'm over this bullshit that just keeps coming up.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-01-2016, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2016 06:26 PM by Can_of_Beans.)
(29-01-2016 08:24 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Basically, my night consisted of enemas, diarrhea, HIV and Hepatitis C. As well as contact precautions.

You get all the fun stuff. No

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
31-01-2016, 03:31 AM
Why the fuck do I keep agreeing to these 10 hour day security shifts?
I mean tomorrow's a public holiday so time and a half so I get like $30 an hour, $300 for a days work, but the other two days?
I must have a worm eating my brain. Nurse where you at gurl?

[Image: oscar.png]
31-01-2016, 04:02 AM
(30-01-2016 06:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, this is fucked up day.

I'm over this bullshit that just keeps coming up.

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
31-01-2016, 04:22 AM
(30-01-2016 11:29 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 11:27 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yikes, what course is she taking?

I think she said it was sociology. Just boils my blood. I always wondered how so many people can beleive stupid crap like this? Where does it come from? I feel like I've found the sausage factory... Wish I could shut it down.

I took a sociology class, in a private art school. I really hope that's not typical, and I imagine it isn't, and certainly wasn't indicative of my experience with the course.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]