Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-02-2016, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2016 07:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Ranting corner
(05-02-2016 07:03 PM)carol Wrote:  Pull up a chair, have a snack...today I want to rant about illness, or actually rant about the stupid responses from people who believe in magic ...

(05-02-2016 07:03 PM)carol Wrote:  .... offer me when I am sick. Even when they mean well I find it so very annoying and awful and Evil_monster

Don't bother me none. Their heart's in the right place. It's their brain that's out of whack.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2016, 07:20 PM
(05-02-2016 11:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  Our forecast 2"-4" of snow is up to nearly 8" of sticky, heavy snow. Dodgy

[Image: DSC_1109.jpg]

The electricity is out.

Half an oak tree came down into the orchard right onto the first row of trees.

[Image: DSC_1102.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1103.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1107.jpg]

This'll be fun to clean up. That's one for the workout thread. Big Grin

Awesome pictures...too bad about the tree damage.

The photos are beautiful in that I can look at snow cover virtually and not close up and personal. I do not miss that kind of weather at all.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
05-02-2016, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2016 07:48 PM by carol.)
It bothers me lots and lots and lots. They actually believe that crap and see it as a moral failure.

But, super
groovy video Heart

"I do believe in spooks I do, I do, I do"... attributed to the cowardly liion
05-02-2016, 07:42 PM
(05-02-2016 07:23 PM)carol Wrote:  It bothers me lots and lots and lots. They actually believe that crap and see it as a moral failure.

But, super
groovy video Heart

"I do believe in magic, I do, I do, I do"... attributed to the cowardly liion

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-02-2016, 07:49 PM
(05-02-2016 07:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 07:23 PM)carol Wrote:  It bothers me lots and lots and lots. They actually believe that crap and see it as a moral failure.

But, super
groovy video Heart

"I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do"... attributed to the cowardly liion

yeppers spooks...corrected
05-02-2016, 07:59 PM

I should give a shit what they believe why?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-02-2016, 08:17 PM
(05-02-2016 07:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I should give a shit what they believe why?

No, no need for shit given on your part. zero shittage. nada shiitake caca.

what I said was it bothers me lots and lots and lots.

wherein lies the heart of someone who likes people to think well of me at times. Probably our personalities are a little different. But, when I get the imput that somehow I am not trying enough from the fundies it does impact me- It feels like just one more thing to have to get through. I realize intellectually that it is bullshit. But I still get the feels. Like I am not doing enough. I care deeply in general-I am one of those people who can read social cues and emotions well, and it just feels bad on top of feeling bad to me. I am just biologically preprogramed to be someone who reads social cues and feels them a lot. It is good for understanding people I meet but shit for putting my feelings aside and not caring about what others feel.
05-02-2016, 08:21 PM
(05-02-2016 08:17 PM)carol Wrote:  But, when I get the input that somehow I am not trying enough from the fundies it does impact me ...

Not me.

05-02-2016, 08:24 PM
(05-02-2016 08:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 08:17 PM)carol Wrote:  But, when I get the input that somehow I am not trying enough from the fundies it does impact me ...

Not me.

Understood.
05-02-2016, 11:37 PM
today for shits and giggles, I kept my phone in my pocket while I did all my housework and chores.

I didn't use it (it stayed inside the car) when I ran errands outside the house.

I walked over 6000 steps and over 3 miles; and climbed 8 floors.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post