Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-02-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-02-2016 03:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Money talk over...now I feel like crying.

I hate this so much.

Hug

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2016, 09:20 PM
So after having the big money (we don't have talk) we went out and spent money on two new beds. One for our room which we totally needed, the other for the kid who's totally outgrown his little kid bunk bed like 5 years ago. Dodgy

The only good news in all this is that we got a super deal (like kid's new full size bed, with headboard and bedframe was free).

The bad news is that I still need to buy all new bedding for his bed. And maybe ours. Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-02-2016, 01:03 AM
(06-02-2016 03:57 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Now I'm a pensioner. Big Grin

Had to re-read that last word a couple times lol

(06-02-2016 09:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So after having the big money (we don't have talk) we went out and spent money on two new beds. One for our room which we totally needed, the other for the kid who's totally outgrown his little kid bunk bed like 5 years ago. Dodgy

The only good news in all this is that we got a super deal (like kid's new full size bed, with headboard and bedframe was free).

The bad news is that I still need to buy all new bedding for his bed. And maybe ours. Dodgy

Bright side is bedding generally last for a while so once you buy it, it's out of your worries.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
07-02-2016, 03:08 PM
Taking apart kid's room to arrange it for the new bed.

It's a lot of work.

That bunk bed was solid wood.

I'm kinda sad.

07-02-2016, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2016 04:16 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Oh, kid is kinda freaking out over his room being changed around.

Change is scary for him.

But I got him some nice new bedding for his new bed. Sheets, pillow cases, blanket,comforter, pillows, the whole shebang.

And I got myself a new comforter set too. Smile

Because our old one was falling apart. Might keep it though for the dog to lay all over. I'm thinking I'll be banishing him from the bed, when the new one comes.

07-02-2016, 04:17 PM
(07-02-2016 04:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh, kid is kinda freaking out over his room being changed around.

Change is scary for him.

Did you make sure to leave a couple of things the same?

Go in there and sit on his bed with him and look around and talk about it with him. Is his bed at least in the same place...same wall or corner? Can you all make a big deal out of him having a grown up room?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-02-2016, 04:28 PM
(07-02-2016 04:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 04:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh, kid is kinda freaking out over his room being changed around.

Change is scary for him.

Did you make sure to leave a couple of things the same?

Go in there and sit on his bed with him and look around and talk about it with him. Is his bed at least in the same place...same wall or corner? Can you all make a big deal out of him having a grown up room?

We moved his desk and the bookcase to different walls.

The bed will be a full size and there wouldn't be enough room between the closet and bed for the bookcase to remain there. I guess he'll need a night stand or two for the bed eventually.

The high boy is on the other side, we might need to move it down a little so it's more centered with the wall.

His desk we moved to in front of the window, the one change he liked, because now he can look outside. He'll also be able to use his laptop easier on the new bed, because it's not a bottom bunk, larger and not as awkward.

He's more than ready to lose the bunk bed, but doesn't like the change.

07-02-2016, 04:30 PM
(07-02-2016 04:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 04:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Did you make sure to leave a couple of things the same?

The bed will be a full size and there wouldn't be enough room between the closet and bed for the bookcase to remain there. I guess he'll need a night stand or two for the bed eventually.

The high boy is on the other side, we might need to move it down a little so it's more centered with the wall.

His desk we moved to in front of the window, the one change he liked, because now he can look outside. He'll also be able to use his laptop easier on the new bed, because it's not a bottom bunk, larger and not as awkward.

Did you find any playboy magazines? Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-02-2016, 04:43 PM
(07-02-2016 04:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 04:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Did you make sure to leave a couple of things the same?

I guess you just play up the window thing and ease of using his laptop on the new bed. Hope you saved the old comforter...just in case he needs it.

I'm just babbling 'mom' ideas...I have little experience with kids with his needs.

Apologies if I am over-stepping.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
07-02-2016, 05:21 PM
(07-02-2016 04:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 04:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We moved his desk and the bookcase to different walls.

I guess you just play up the window thing and ease of using his laptop on the new bed. Hope you saved the old comforter...just in case he needs it.

I'm just babbling 'mom' ideas...I have little experience with kids with his needs.

Apologies if I am over-stepping.

Not at all! I don't mind it.

We had to remove the bunk bed for his room (solid oak and totally heavy)

We removed the mattresses and stacked them on the floor. The top one has his old bedding on it.

The old comforter can't be used on the new bed. I got them (two of them) decades ago from Landend (when they made shit to last) and they're fitted to the bed (around the bottom) so that 6 year olds can make the bed. Lol.

The top bunk was covered in a thick layer of dust...

When the boys were little, they shared a room. Older kid slept on the top bunk, little bro in the crib at first and then on the bottom bunk.

When we moved here, both boys had their own room, so kiddo moved to the top bunk...then as he got bigger he didn't like climbing up there...so he moved to the bottom one, probably two or three years ago.

Husband has mentioned more than once the kid really needed a proper bed. Like for years now. Honestly, I didn't want to spend the money. lol. Also, I didn't want to get rid of the bunk bed -- because it's huge and heavy.

Lately tho, since he's gotten older and taller than me...he's been complaining a little about the mattress.

When we went to the mattress place, I ended up getting his mattress, boxspring (which he never needed) bed frame, headboard (I insisted because I didn't want it to look like a fucking dorm room) and matresspad for free.

One funny part...

I was mentioning all the things he'd need for the new bed I said he'd need a bed skirt. He said he didn't want a skirt...so I called it a kilt.

He was totally ok with a bed kilt.

He's feeling a little better about it and hopes that he come from school on Friday and have it all done. Lol.

I doubt we'll get that lucky.