Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-02-2016, 05:19 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Got sent home early due to low census - I discharged/admitted all of my patients. It's now beer time.

I had a giant patient (375lbs 6'7") last night with a history of violence and no insight into his psychiatric problems that landed him a court ordered hold as we were waiting for him to be involuntarily committed to one of the state psychiatric hospitals (long term care).

Get this - so homeboy has gotten in multiple fights in the psychiatric area of our ED as well as our inpatient psych hospital - so they refused to take him. "Oh, he's not allowed back in our psych units because of violent behavior." So you have rooms with furniture nailed to the floor and locking doors, but leaving him in a regular patient room is a superior alternative?!?! What the actual fuck?! Dude could use the oxygen/medical air meters as shanks, cardiac monitor wires to strangle, hell, this dude was just about big enough to lift and throw the goddamn stretcher. And that's just first glance at any number of items in the room as weapons. Not to mention his hands.

He was reaaaallly quick to anger. I hate dealing with assholes like that. He was literally over three times my size.

So no. Y'all pansy asses in psych need to take oh, I dunno, psych patients! You have 24 hour police presence, not to mention isolation rooms. I had him at the back of the department where he'd have me choked out and dead by the time the police could get to me from the front of the department.

So I told them he had been chill with me and sleeping and got him moved to a psych bed after dealing with him for 7 hours, and lobbying for him to get moved with the doctors and charge. The sleeping part was true. The chill part, meh. He didn't curse at me or throw anything, I think that counts as chill.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
10-02-2016, 08:11 AM
I hate job hunting. Interviews suck... even when they're good the suck.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
10-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Not sure if this is a rant or a first world problem...

So the dishwasher has been getting progressively worse over a few months and I've been letting it slide because I don't use it that much and it's happened before and I know it's just the filters clogged because of the hard water around here. Last week they were digging to repair a drain line and broke the water line and evidently stirred up sediment repairing it because all the faucet filters became suddenly clogged and the dishwasher gave up even attempting to clean anything.

At the same time, the DVD player has been getting worse at pausing and stuttering randomly on just about every disc. I've been guessing that the lens needs cleaning but getting at it is a royal pain in the butt so I've been procrastinating on that as well thinking maybe I should just use it as an excuse to upgrade to a blu-ray player. I started looking but finding one locally that has composite video connections instead of HDMI is proving to be a herculean task. Of course, now the old one is playing without issue so I think it got wind of being replaced and is just waiting until I decide to keep it.

Saturday afternoon the battery light came on in the vehicle and I stopped by the garage to find out that the alternator had crapped out. It was too late to do anything then so I was without a vehicle until Monday afternoon. Saturday evening when I got home I discovered that the microwave would come on and spin but not heat anything which kind of defeats the purpose of having it unless I want to showcase the meal... repairing it would be about the same as replacing it so yesterday I went and picked up a replacement. That worked for about a half hour and now it also will spin but not heat so I'm thinking maybe I have some kind of electrical issue going on. If so, I can't return the new microwave for a refund which really sucks.

If I didn't know better I'd think somebody had it out for me (besides Pops, that is). I thought things came in threes but I'm up to 5 now.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
10-02-2016, 02:03 PM
I get a text...panic from work...we have to pay the gas card bill and no one can but you. Boss can't look at the folder where it's written down as he didn't go to work today either. Bummer.

Fine, I did it from home. Dodgy

Next text...please make a list of all your logins and passwords. Ummm...yeah...in about two weeks I will see what I can do.

Don't need me...isn't that the story?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-02-2016, 02:18 PM
(10-02-2016 01:41 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Not sure if this is a rant or a first world problem...

So the dishwasher has been getting progressively worse over a few months and I've been letting it slide because I don't use it that much and it's happened before and I know it's just the filters clogged because of the hard water around here. Last week they were digging to repair a drain line and broke the water line and evidently stirred up sediment repairing it because all the faucet filters became suddenly clogged and the dishwasher gave up even attempting to clean anything.

At the same time, the DVD player has been getting worse at pausing and stuttering randomly on just about every disc. I've been guessing that the lens needs cleaning but getting at it is a royal pain in the butt so I've been procrastinating on that as well thinking maybe I should just use it as an excuse to upgrade to a blu-ray player. I started looking but finding one locally that has composite video connections instead of HDMI is proving to be a herculean task. Of course, now the old one is playing without issue so I think it got wind of being replaced and is just waiting until I decide to keep it.

Saturday afternoon the battery light came on in the vehicle and I stopped by the garage to find out that the alternator had crapped out. It was too late to do anything then so I was without a vehicle until Monday afternoon. Saturday evening when I got home I discovered that the microwave would come on and spin but not heat anything which kind of defeats the purpose of having it unless I want to showcase the meal... repairing it would be about the same as replacing it so yesterday I went and picked up a replacement. That worked for about a half hour and now it also will spin but not heat so I'm thinking maybe I have some kind of electrical issue going on. If so, I can't return the new microwave for a refund which really sucks.

If I didn't know better I'd think somebody had it out for me (besides Pops, that is). I thought things came in threes but I'm up to 5 now.

Try running a cycle of vinegar in your dishwasher. Run it part way and then turn it off for a little while to soak...then let it finish the cycle...no heat dry or anything like that though.

DVD player - you can get a cleaning disk with a little brush on it that can help but I have also had success with a blast of canned air.

I would also wonder about electrical with the microwave but I doubt that's what killed your car...unless you plug then into the same place.

...Blame pops anyway.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-02-2016, 07:50 PM
(10-02-2016 01:41 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Not sure if this is a rant or a first world problem...

Have you tried prayer, my son? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
10-02-2016, 08:36 PM
(09-02-2016 06:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So having a read of the worlds most wanted criminal figures as well as the US's FBI's most wanted etc.. All pretty nasty people. I look up NZ's most wanted and we're talking like some lady that drove while disqualified, an old man that stole a car, some 18 year old on bail breach. WTF is this? No mafia? No drug cartels? No terrorist groups? No serial killers? This country sucks.

All the unattached guys have woolly girlfriends to keep their hormones under control. Drinking Beverage

I'd happily go live in a place like NZ if the admission wasn't so expensive. Sad
10-02-2016, 08:46 PM
(10-02-2016 05:19 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Got sent home early due to low census - I discharged/admitted all of my patients. It's now beer time.

I had a giant patient (375lbs 6'7") last night with a history of violence and no insight into his psychiatric problems that landed him a court ordered hold as we were waiting for him to be involuntarily committed to one of the state psychiatric hospitals (long term care).

Get this - so homeboy has gotten in multiple fights in the psychiatric area of our ED as well as our inpatient psych hospital - so they refused to take him. "Oh, he's not allowed back in our psych units because of violent behavior." So you have rooms with furniture nailed to the floor and locking doors, but leaving him in a regular patient room is a superior alternative?!?! What the actual fuck?! Dude could use the oxygen/medical air meters as shanks, cardiac monitor wires to strangle, hell, this dude was just about big enough to lift and throw the goddamn stretcher. And that's just first glance at any number of items in the room as weapons. Not to mention his hands.

He was reaaaallly quick to anger. I hate dealing with assholes like that. He was literally over three times my size.

So no. Y'all pansy asses in psych need to take oh, I dunno, psych patients! You have 24 hour police presence, not to mention isolation rooms. I had him at the back of the department where he'd have me choked out and dead by the time the police could get to me from the front of the department.

So I told them he had been chill with me and sleeping and got him moved to a psych bed after dealing with him for 7 hours, and lobbying for him to get moved with the doctors and charge. The sleeping part was true. The chill part, meh. He didn't curse at me or throw anything, I think that counts as chill.

600 mg of Thorazine should do the trick?
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
10-02-2016, 08:54 PM
(10-02-2016 02:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I get a text...panic from work...we have to pay the gas card bill and no one can but you. Boss can't look at the folder where it's written down as he didn't go to work today either. Bummer.

Fine, I did it from home. Dodgy

Next text...please make a list of all your logins and passwords. Ummm...yeah...in about two weeks I will see what I can do.

Don't need me...isn't that the story?

Where's that gleeful hand rubbing emoji when you need it? I still laugh that my old company has three people doing what I used to do. One of them actually had the cheek to call me and ask for help (left a message). The call had a lot of static and I couldn't quite understand what he wanted, or what his phone number was, to call him back. Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
10-02-2016, 09:11 PM
(10-02-2016 08:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 05:19 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Got sent home early due to low census - I discharged/admitted all of my patients. It's now beer time.

600 mg of Thorazine should do the trick?

12 gauge slug will too.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post