Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-02-2016, 10:56 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(10-02-2016 09:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 08:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  600 mg of Thorazine should do the trick?

12 gauge slug will too.

Indeed, but that will get her talked about in a way she may not enjoy. Gasp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2016, 10:57 PM
I dont have enough mikes lemonades.
10-02-2016, 11:28 PM
(10-02-2016 01:41 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Not sure if this is a rant or a first world problem...

So the dishwasher has been getting progressively worse over a few months and I've been letting it slide because I don't use it that much and it's happened before and I know it's just the filters clogged because of the hard water around here. Last week they were digging to repair a drain line and broke the water line and evidently stirred up sediment repairing it because all the faucet filters became suddenly clogged and the dishwasher gave up even attempting to clean anything.

At the same time, the DVD player has been getting worse at pausing and stuttering randomly on just about every disc. I've been guessing that the lens needs cleaning but getting at it is a royal pain in the butt so I've been procrastinating on that as well thinking maybe I should just use it as an excuse to upgrade to a blu-ray player. I started looking but finding one locally that has composite video connections instead of HDMI is proving to be a herculean task. Of course, now the old one is playing without issue so I think it got wind of being replaced and is just waiting until I decide to keep it.

Saturday afternoon the battery light came on in the vehicle and I stopped by the garage to find out that the alternator had crapped out. It was too late to do anything then so I was without a vehicle until Monday afternoon. Saturday evening when I got home I discovered that the microwave would come on and spin but not heat anything which kind of defeats the purpose of having it unless I want to showcase the meal... repairing it would be about the same as replacing it so yesterday I went and picked up a replacement. That worked for about a half hour and now it also will spin but not heat so I'm thinking maybe I have some kind of electrical issue going on. If so, I can't return the new microwave for a refund which really sucks.

If I didn't know better I'd think somebody had it out for me (besides Pops, that is). I thought things came in threes but I'm up to 5 now.

You have been dealt a bad blow, my friend. Bad blow indeed. Hobo

11-02-2016, 05:13 AM
Played hooky yesterday from work...I woke up feeling not quite right and was cold and woozy, but I could have gone in. I couldn't stand the thought of spending the day in my frigid office.

Late in the afternoon I felt some twinges in my back...fell asleep for a little while and then pain woke me up around 1am. Figured I would just walk it off and hope to be able to get some more sleep.

So, that plan didn't work too well. Ended up in the ER...two kidney stones, one 5mm and one 2mm. A cocktail of various meds and a handful of prescriptions later and I am back home with a valid excuse not to go to work for the rest of the week.

2016 has started out crappy-it's time for things to get better, I hope. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-02-2016, 05:27 AM
(11-02-2016 05:13 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Played hooky yesterday from work...I woke up feeling not quite right and was cold and woozy, but I could have gone in. I couldn't stand the thought of spending the day in my frigid office.

Late in the afternoon I felt some twinges in my back...fell asleep for a little while and then pain woke me up around 1am. Figured I would just walk it off and hope to be able to get some more sleep.

So, that plan didn't work too well. Ended up in the ER...two kidney stones, one 5mm and one 2mm. A cocktail of various meds and a handful of prescriptions later and I am back home with a valid excuse not to go to work for the rest of the week.

2016 has started out crappy-it's time for things to get better, I hope. Confused

Hey, at least you don't have to deal with work, right?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
11-02-2016, 09:28 AM
(10-02-2016 01:41 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Saturday afternoon the battery light came on in the vehicle and I stopped by the garage to find out that the alternator had crapped out. It was too late to do anything then so I was without a vehicle until Monday afternoon.

Got the alternator replaced Monday and today there was a sudden loud rattling under the dashboard and I lost the power steering. Enough already!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
11-02-2016, 09:51 AM
(11-02-2016 05:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 05:13 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Played hooky yesterday from work...I woke up feeling not quite right and was cold and woozy, but I could have gone in. I couldn't stand the thought of spending the day in my frigid office.

Hey, at least you don't have to deal with work, right?

Exactly, what's more painful, passing kidney stones or work?
I think we all know the answer to that one.

[Image: oscar.png]
11-02-2016, 01:23 PM
So, I made an appointment earlier this week to get my nails done today.

Hubby said it was fine (not that he needs to). Older kid has a dental appointment and they're supposed to call later about the bed delivery.

So, I'm at the place sipping my mimosa when my mother in law sends me a text asking if hubby is awake because he's supposed to get her meds and pick up food for her or bring her shopping.

She kept texting me even after I explained that I just sat down and was getting my nails done.

10 text messages. 10. Facepalm

I rush home, hubby eventually did wake up (he worked until 2am). He's annoyed with her because she said nothing about it all yesterday. Now all of a sudden it's like this emergency.

Dodgy

Then, after I talk to hubby she sends me a text saying, "well he isn't up, I guess I'm home today" with a sad face.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-02-2016, 01:43 PM
(11-02-2016 09:28 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 01:41 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Saturday afternoon the battery light came on in the vehicle and I stopped by the garage to find out that the alternator had crapped out. It was too late to do anything then so I was without a vehicle until Monday afternoon.

Got the alternator replaced Monday and today there was a sudden loud rattling under the dashboard and I lost the power steering. Enough already!

Oh, boo-hoo, you vehicle-owner you.

I had to walk to campus in -40 wind chill!

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
11-02-2016, 01:45 PM
(11-02-2016 01:43 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 09:28 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Got the alternator replaced Monday and today there was a sudden loud rattling under the dashboard and I lost the power steering. Enough already!

Oh, boo-hoo, you vehicle-owner you.

I had to walk to campus in -40 wind chill!

You should really consider moving somewhere warmer.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces