Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-02-2016, 08:24 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(13-02-2016 07:43 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  If I hear one more rich kid say they owe their "success" to hard work and determination I swear I will punch them in the face.

Also drunk boyfriend who just spent 60$ on booze is snoring loudly next to me.

Also today just generally sucks.

I owe my succe... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Bechased

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-02-2016, 10:39 PM
(13-02-2016 01:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 01:24 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I just had someone tell me to stop using logic while trying to prove their point....um go fuck yourself?

But faaaith?!

It wasnt about religion. It was about sexism. But these days its hard to tell the difference.
14-02-2016, 07:50 AM
(09-02-2016 06:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What am I missing? I have a substantial larger amount of cash this fortnight. Consider I gotta be missing a bill payment or something..
I'm just gonna sit here and scratch my head for a while. I mean what happens if I've played everything and this is what's left over?? What am I even suppose to do with all this extra cash? I mean.. do I send it back, tell them they must have overpayed me or something? I'm so confused right now.

You can share! PM me for my bank account info!
15-02-2016, 09:13 AM
“Actually” & “in reality”

Strike those words from your vocabulary, please. Angry

I just had a conversation with a person from a US university. I was inquiring about an online program they offer. She would have been mute had those words been removed from her lexicon. Apparently they have replaced the filler “like” even though she overused that word as well.

It is madening to have a conversation with anyone who has fallen into the habit of using filler words and phrases. A pregnant pause to gather your thoughts is perfectly acceptable. Taking the time to properly compose a sentence in your head and speaking slowly is perfectly acceptable.

I came oh so close to pointing this out to her, but since in reality I’ll probably never speak to her again I actually thought better of it. Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-02-2016, 09:16 AM
(13-02-2016 02:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  New rant.

If you're not going to listen to me...don't bother asking me fucking questions.

Why?

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
15-02-2016, 02:32 PM
(13-02-2016 10:39 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 01:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  But faaaith?!

It wasnt about religion. It was about sexism. But these days its hard to tell the difference.

But faaaith?!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-02-2016, 07:42 PM
So, we haven't replaced our filter in the refrigerator for around 4 years. (Don't judge me)

So, I decided to order a new one from Amazon. I put in the model number and the one that came up...what the fuck do I know what it looks like, it's in the fridge.

So it arrived today and obviously wrong.

So that one is going back, obviously, and since I didn't want to put the old one back, I drove to Sears, which frankly I hate and coughed up a whole lot more for a new filter.

Now, we have no ice, because husband now says dump all the ice made with the four year old filter.

I'm quite addicted to ice water...and I think I'm about ready to have a fit. Sad

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-02-2016, 07:15 AM
The following conversation took place on Facebook. Names have been changed to protect the guilty...

Zeke: Jury duty time!!
Wayne: Sad
Zeke: Could be worse
Beans (me): True. Just ask the defendant...
Wayne: Yeah, you could be the one on trial

Then I'm thinking, "That's what I just said, motherfucker!!! Come up with your own shit, or are you too stupid to understand the not-so-subtle implications of my statement. I mean, sure, "defendant" is a three syllable word, but...AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" Angry

Ok, so I may have overreacted a little. Blush

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
17-02-2016, 07:22 AM
(17-02-2016 07:15 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Ok, so I may have overreacted a little. Blush

Naaa Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
17-02-2016, 07:40 AM
(17-02-2016 07:15 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  The following conversation took place on Facebook. Names have been changed to protect the guilty...

Zeke: Jury duty time!!
Wayne: Sad
Zeke: Could be worse
Beans (me): True. Just ask the defendant...
Wayne: Yeah, you could be the one on trial

Then I'm thinking, "That's what I just said, motherfucker!!! Come up with your own shit, or are you too stupid to understand the not-so-subtle implications of my statement. I mean, sure, "defendant" is a three syllable word, but...AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" Angry

Ok, so I may have overreacted a little. Blush

Well, to be honest, my first thought was that you were commenting on how bad it would be for the defendant to have Zeke on the jury deciding his/her fate, not that Zeke would have it worse by being the defendant.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post