Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-02-2016, 06:18 PM
RE: Ranting corner
This job situation is driving me nuts!

I got a call again today about the job I am really interested in. The gentleman who owns the company really wants me to come to work for him. The delay has been that one of his mechanics turned in his notice the day after I interviewed and then another one got sick and was hospitalized - he will be out of work for a while. The owner has one of the men replaced and is hoping to get a second new man started this week. He wants to be able to focus on training me and he also needs to have the time to train me since he is currently pulling double duty.

It's really okay that there has been a delay with all that has gone on with me the last two weeks. The job would be a small cut in pay while in the contract phase but then would go back up to what I currently make.

So today I was offered the opportunity to stay where I am, splitting my time working for the jerk boss I currently work for and working for a member of the executive team in the billing department. Cons are...I would still be at the beck and call of the asshole that has been making me miserable for a little over a year. Also, there is no guarantee that after the project they want me for ends that there will be something else that would be available for me to do for the new company. And, they are looking to move to the other side of the city, probably in about a year, which would triple my commute.

UGH! At least I am still employed and I have options now. I tend to think I want to make the move to the other company though I do appreciate that one of new executives sees potential in me.

After hearing about a nasty remark current boss made about me being out sick last week...I kind of want to run for the door. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
17-02-2016, 10:35 PM
(17-02-2016 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  This job situation is driving me nuts!

I got a call again today about the job I am really interested in. The gentleman who owns the company really wants me to come to work for him. The delay has been that one of his mechanics turned in his notice the day after I interviewed and then another one got sick and was hospitalized - he will be out of work for a while. The owner has one of the men replaced and is hoping to get a second new man started this week. He wants to be able to focus on training me and he also needs to have the time to train me since he is currently pulling double duty.

It's really okay that there has been a delay with all that has gone on with me the last two weeks. The job would be a small cut in pay while in the contract phase but then would go back up to what I currently make.

So today I was offered the opportunity to stay where I am, splitting my time working for the jerk boss I currently work for and working for a member of the executive team in the billing department. Cons are...I would still be at the beck and call of the asshole that has been making me miserable for a little over a year. Also, there is no guarantee that after the project they want me for ends that there will be something else that would be available for me to do for the new company. And, they are looking to move to the other side of the city, probably in about a year, which would triple my commute.

UGH! At least I am still employed and I have options now. I tend to think I want to make the move to the other company though I do appreciate that one of new executives sees potential in me.

After hearing about a nasty remark current boss made about me being out sick last week...I kind of want to run for the door. Undecided

Honestly, IMO, if the other guy really comes through for you I'd do a runner. Life's too short to work for assholes.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-02-2016, 08:02 AM
Note to self: don't try and make plans in the morning hours when you know you're a fucking zombie and aren't thinking straight. Facepalm

Also.... was listening to the radio this morning on the way to work and they were talking about someone who'd died who made a big impact on others while they were still alive, and this dj goes "What are you doing today, what are you doing with your life, that's gonna make people really really miss you when you're gone?" Dodgy Why would that be your goal? To make people miss you? That's shitty. I've had this same thought about my own dad - that he had so many people whose lives he touched but that just means that in the end, he hurt a lot of people, too.

Ugh I am just not in a good headspace this morning. Irritated with myself. Sad

[+] 5 users Like Escape Artist's post
18-02-2016, 08:53 AM

Do not, under almost any circumstance, stay at your current company. Shocking

They have proven what idiots they are and that won't change unless they fire your idiot boss.

Put a little pressure on the guy offering you a job: tell him that your current company is improving their offer and he needs to shit or get off the pot. (You might want to word that slightly differently.)

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-02-2016, 08:55 AM
(18-02-2016 08:02 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Note to self: don't try and make plans in the morning hours when you know you're a fucking zombie and aren't thinking straight. Facepalm

Also.... was listening to the radio this morning on the way to work and they were talking about someone who'd died who made a big impact on others while they were still alive, and this dj goes "What are you doing today, what are you doing with your life, that's gonna make people really really miss you when you're gone?" Dodgy Why would that be your goal? To make people miss you? That's shitty. I've had this same thought about my own dad - that he had so many people whose lives he touched but that just means that in the end, he hurt a lot of people, too.

So, we should all behave so that people are happy when we're gone? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-02-2016, 09:07 AM
I wonder what the chances are of me convincing my doctor to change my Wellbutrin prescription for Adderall and lexapro. Or another antidepressant. But definitely the Adderall. Consider

I just realized I still can't sit down and study for my huge certification testing I have next week.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
18-02-2016, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2016 10:15 AM by Escape Artist.)
(18-02-2016 08:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 08:02 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Note to self: don't try and make plans in the morning hours when you know you're a fucking zombie and aren't thinking straight. Facepalm

So, we should all behave so that people are happy when we're gone? Consider

Point taken. I just don't like how they worded it - like, you should make it your goal in life to have people miss you terribly once you die. If they'd worded it differently maybe I wouldn't be fussing. Sometimes I live in a fantasy world where I'd like no one to ever experience emotional pain, ever. Not while someone is alive and not when they're dead, either.

ETA: Is it any surprise that hell was much easier for me to let go of than heaven? Heaven was a place where no one would hurt again and that is something I wanted very much for myself and others.

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
18-02-2016, 11:22 AM
(18-02-2016 08:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Do not, under almost any circumstance, stay at your current company. Shocking

They have proven what idiots they are and that won't change unless they fire your idiot boss.

Put a little pressure on the guy offering you a job: tell him that your current company is improving their offer and he needs to shit or get off the pot. (You might want to word that slightly differently.)

I sooooo agree with this message!

If the new place can't be pinned down to commit then look elsewhere. Get out of the shitty job, one, they don't deserve you and two, that shit don't change except for the worse. It's time to pack up your marbles and go. If the new place isn't ready, there are others that are. Seek them out. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
18-02-2016, 11:39 AM

I felt a burden lifted off my shoulders when I lost the crappy job I had...but tomorrow it will be 6 weeks. I've had 2 interviews after close to 80 applications and nothing. I have a week to decide if I'm going to re-sign my apartment lease or go live in my car. In your case it seems like you're damned if you stay and damned if you go!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-02-2016, 11:40 AM
(18-02-2016 09:07 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I wonder what the chances are of me convincing my doctor to change my Wellbutrin prescription for Adderall and lexapro. Or another antidepressant. But definitely the Adderall. Consider

I just realized I still can't sit down and study for my huge certification testing I have next week.

Or just buy some speed. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel