Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-02-2016, 01:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I have a new kickass camera and the weather is nothing but rain rain rain rain and cold.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
18-02-2016, 02:10 PM
(18-02-2016 01:33 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I have a new kickass camera and the weather is nothing but rain rain rain rain and cold.

Facebook users; brace for incoming Breelzebub.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-02-2016, 02:16 PM
(18-02-2016 02:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 01:33 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I have a new kickass camera and the weather is nothing but rain rain rain rain and cold.

Facebook users; brace for incoming Breelzebub.

There is a devil set aside for you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-02-2016, 05:04 PM
I really hate people who feel that compelling need to back in to a parking space. Douche.

I'm fucking waiting for you to back up, pull forward, realign, back up, pull forward

Just fucking pull into the parking space. You're totally wasting my time.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-02-2016, 05:56 PM
(17-02-2016 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  This job situation is driving me nuts!

I got a call again today about the job I am really interested in. The gentleman who owns the company really wants me to come to work for him. The delay has been that one of his mechanics turned in his notice the day after I interviewed and then another one got sick and was hospitalized - he will be out of work for a while. The owner has one of the men replaced and is hoping to get a second new man started this week. He wants to be able to focus on training me and he also needs to have the time to train me since he is currently pulling double duty.

It's really okay that there has been a delay with all that has gone on with me the last two weeks. The job would be a small cut in pay while in the contract phase but then would go back up to what I currently make.

So today I was offered the opportunity to stay where I am, splitting my time working for the jerk boss I currently work for and working for a member of the executive team in the billing department. Cons are...I would still be at the beck and call of the asshole that has been making me miserable for a little over a year. Also, there is no guarantee that after the project they want me for ends that there will be something else that would be available for me to do for the new company. And, they are looking to move to the other side of the city, probably in about a year, which would triple my commute.

UGH! At least I am still employed and I have options now. I tend to think I want to make the move to the other company though I do appreciate that one of new executives sees potential in me.

After hearing about a nasty remark current boss made about me being out sick last week...I kind of want to run for the door. Undecided

My attitude always was "I was looking for a job when I found this one."
18-02-2016, 08:14 PM
Had no internet for the past 24 hours (actually, 5 more minutes and it would be 24 hours exactly..). That must be what it feels like during an apocalypse.
Luckily the technician guy they sent out was fucking amazing.
18-02-2016, 08:21 PM
(18-02-2016 08:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Had no internet for the past 24 hours (actually, 5 more minutes and it would be 24 hours exactly..). That must be what it feels like during an apocalypse.

You get his number?
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
18-02-2016, 08:22 PM
(18-02-2016 08:21 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 08:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Had no internet for the past 24 hours (actually, 5 more minutes and it would be 24 hours exactly..). That must be what it feels like during an apocalypse.

You get his number?

He's in the yellowpages.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
18-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Fuck me.

I get into more trouble by doing the right thing than any other person I know.

Two of my fucking brothers are taking full advantage of our parent’s generosity and love and they show no concern for their long-term well being. They’re going to bankrupt them plain and simple because my parent’s can’t seem to stand up to them and say “no”.

I just know that after tonight’s conversation they will tell one of them tomorrow that they will not be financing his dream home and all hell is going to break loose. I, of course, will be the bad guy in my brother’s eyes, and he’ll probably not talk to me for years (like he’s done before). And all this because I’m trying to protect my elderly parents from being taken advantage of.

Oh, well, I feel like someone had to tell it like it really is and stop them (parents) from making yet another financial blunder where my brothers are concerned.

Confused

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
18-02-2016, 09:09 PM
(18-02-2016 09:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Fuck me.

I get into more trouble by doing the right thing than any other person I know.

Two of my fucking brothers are taking full advantage of our parent’s generosity and love and they show no concern for their long-term well being. They’re going to bankrupt them plain and simple because my parent’s can’t seem to stand up to them and say “no”.

I just know that after tonight’s conversation they will tell one of them tomorrow that they will not be financing his dream home and all hell is going to break loose. I, of course, will be the bad guy in my brother’s eyes, and he’ll probably not talk to me for years (like he’s done before). And all this because I’m trying to protect my elderly parents from being taken advantage of.

Oh, well, I feel like someone had to tell it like it really is and stop them (parents) from making yet another financial blunder where my brothers are concerned.

Confused

Some people just can't wait until the parents are dead then sue their siblings over the assets left behind. Dodgy

Seriously, you did your folks a good thing and that's to be commended, even the brother doesn't talk to you.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post