Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-02-2016, 08:26 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(19-02-2016 08:21 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Why am I awake?

Weeping

Dunno... Isn't it morning over there?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2016, 08:44 AM
(19-02-2016 08:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 08:21 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Why am I awake?

Weeping

Dunno... Isn't it morning over there?

Very early. I should be smacking the alarm to snooze for more sleep time.

Instead I'm already up, showered, and drinking coffee.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-02-2016, 08:49 AM
(19-02-2016 08:44 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 08:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  Dunno... Isn't it morning over there?

Very early. I should be smacking the alarm to snooze for more sleep time.

Instead I'm already up, showered, and drinking coffee.

Hmmm... coffeeeeeee Smile Smile Smile

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-02-2016, 09:25 AM
So my almost ex husband (should be going through sometime this month or next) is now engaged. He just texted me a few minutes ago.

I don't know how to respond to that.

I'm tempted to put:
"Ok."

I don't really feel like putting "Congratulations, I wish you the best and much happiness." So much of it has been at my expense.

Wtf?!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
19-02-2016, 09:33 AM
(19-02-2016 09:25 AM)Nurse Wrote:  So my almost ex husband (should be going through sometime this month or next) is now engaged. He just texted me a few minutes ago.

I'm tempted to put:
"Ok."

I don't really feel like putting "Congratulations, I wish you the best and much happiness." So much of it has been at my expense.

Wtf?!

I would just type back Congrats, nothing extra. And just Congrats--not even congratulations. Don't let him know any of this bothers you or you give two fucks--your ex is that poor other lady's problem now.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
19-02-2016, 09:34 AM
(19-02-2016 09:25 AM)Nurse Wrote:  So my almost ex husband (should be going through sometime this month or next) is now engaged. He just texted me a few minutes ago.

I'm tempted to put:
"Ok."

Wtf?!

Confused

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-02-2016, 09:41 AM

I'm tempted to put:
"Ok."

Wtf?!

How about, "have fun with that".

Or... "my condolences to the bride".

or..... "FOADIAF"

What is it with cowardly people txting inappropriate txts, when speaking in person is the polite or honorable thing. FTS

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
19-02-2016, 09:53 AM

I'm tempted to put:
"Ok."

Wtf?!
I'm with Jenny on this. Just a.grats, congrats well I think congratulations is fine too.

He's the father of your son. The fewer problems between you guys the better. Besides he might want you to be sad or angry. So a calm reaction is still good.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
19-02-2016, 10:13 AM

I'm tempted to put:
"Ok."

Wtf?!

I vote for dead air. Don't respond at all.

He wouldn't have texted you about it if he wasn't looking for something in return, and the best way not to give it to him is to give him nothing. Let him wallow in your indifference. Sleepy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 4 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
19-02-2016, 10:15 AM
(19-02-2016 10:13 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  

I'm tempted to put:
"Ok."

Wtf?!

I vote for dead air. Don't respond at all.

He wouldn't have texted you about it if he wasn't looking for something in return, and the best way not to give it to him is to give him nothing. Let him wallow in your indifference. Sleepy

But not responding at all makes it look like it bothers you. No reaction is still a reaction. If someone didn't respond to me, I would assume they were upset.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post