Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-02-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(25-02-2016 11:03 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 10:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  $20 an hour thank you very much.

No the extra money earlier was because I worked a bunch of extra shifts and got some holiday leave payed out. They short payed me this time because they didn't pay sick leave when they were suppose too.

$20 an hour? Gasp What is the equivalence in American dollars an hour?

I need a damn raise. Dodgy Hobo Tongue

According to Google, 20 NZ bucks is $13.54 US.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2016, 11:33 PM
(25-02-2016 11:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 11:03 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  $20 an hour? Gasp What is the equivalence in American dollars an hour?

Sheeeeet I make more than that giving head. Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-02-2016, 11:37 PM
(25-02-2016 11:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 11:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  According to Google, 20 NZ bucks is $13.54 US.

Well very few can match your skillz Laugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
25-02-2016, 11:45 PM
(25-02-2016 11:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 11:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  According to Google, 20 NZ bucks is $13.54 US.

Candy came from out on the island,
In the backroom she was everybody's darling,
But she never lost her head
Even when she was giving head
She sayes, hey baby, take a walk on the wild side
Said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side
And the colored girls go,

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-02-2016, 12:15 AM
(25-02-2016 11:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 11:03 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  $20 an hour? Gasp What is the equivalence in American dollars an hour?

Ah, okay then. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
26-02-2016, 03:59 AM
It's a no skill job, it's suppose to pay shit.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-02-2016, 07:53 AM
There are no good radio stations in this city. There are more Christian stations than even country. They all suck.

I wish I had the money to start a radio station. I'd feature local kick ass artists. Have live breakfast acoustic hour. This city is supposed to make careers for musicians. There is some fuckig amazing talent in this city. One station was even playing shit from Grease this morning. What the fuck? I would have it interactive with social media for listeners to have a voice with what they love, have the station available online so you don't actually have to be in Nashville to tune in. It would boost the careers of those musicians and people wouldn't have to listen to crap - win for everyone. Take this out of the producer's hands.

Nashville is not all country music. It's not all Christian. If you ever get a chance to visit, screw downtown fake honky tonk tourist crap - go visit East Nashville and the Gulch. That's where it's happening.

Arghhh. I'm so pissed off.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
26-02-2016, 08:43 AM
(26-02-2016 07:53 AM)Nurse Wrote:  There are no good radio stations in this city. There are more Christian stations than even country. They all suck.

I wish I had the money to start a radio station. I'd feature local kick ass artists. Have live breakfast acoustic hour. This city is supposed to make careers for musicians. There is some fuckig amazing talent in this city. One station was even playing shit from Grease this morning. What the fuck? I would have it interactive with social media for listeners to have a voice with what they love, have the station available online so you don't actually have to be in Nashville to tune in. It would boost the careers of those musicians and people wouldn't have to listen to crap - win for everyone. Take this out of the producer's hands.

Nashville is not all country music. It's not all Christian. If you ever get a chance to visit, screw downtown fake honky tonk tourist crap - go visit East Nashville and the Gulch. That's where it's happening.

You can stream good radio stations on teh interwebz. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-02-2016, 08:54 AM
(26-02-2016 08:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-02-2016 07:53 AM)Nurse Wrote:  There are no good radio stations in this city. There are more Christian stations than even country. They all suck.

You can stream good radio stations on teh interwebz. Yes

Yeh, when I'm connected to wifi. It eats my monthly data plan if I stream in the car. If I'm at home I'm using Spotify or Pandora. But that still doesn't get me local artists.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
26-02-2016, 10:18 AM
(22-02-2016 10:57 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 10:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have been to Fort Worth once since moving to DFW. I have never had the desire to make that drive again. Undecided

We've gotta go up to the children's hospital for a follow-up visit on my daughter's recent MRI's. Just checking for scoliosis-related problems. They are thinking that she won't even need a brace, but we'll see. Either way that drives makes me a wreck. Hobo

I've driven up there once already so this'll make two times to Fort Worth for daughter-related things. I've driven to Dallas twice (for Rev-related things).

Of all the cities I've driven in, I like Austin the best. But maybe that's because I anticipated a laid-back attitude there and so I was less nervous. Shy DFW feels so rat-race and rushed and just Hobo in comparison.

Try Panama City Panama. out of 173 cities rated it is #148 in drivability.