Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-03-2016, 12:47 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-03-2016 04:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Following up on kidney stone issues today. Finally got an appointment with a urologist....sheesh, who knew they were so damn busy. It was apparently geriatric day at the office and I felt like a youngster in the waiting room...and wait I did. Dodgy

Brought scans from last July and from last month...same stone...doctor says that carrying a stone like that for so long can cause kidney damage. Swell.

Had an X-ray done. Have to have bloodwork done and a 24 hour urine collection. Can't get back to see him till April 22nd...WTF! So if the stone is still there...it has another month and a half to destroy my kidney. FML

That's fucked up.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-03-2016, 09:33 AM
An acquaintance of mine sent me the following op-ed piece. My response is below.

The acquaintance and his wife practice Christardology to the nth degree and he is always looking for articles to punch holes in science.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/co...705093.ece

I happened to be at the Scripps Institute for Marine Science in LaJolla CA yesterday and mentioned the gist of this article to researchers there...they rolled their eyes. Notice that the folks quoted in your forwarded article are not scientists but instead laypeople commenting on scientific findings. That alone should alert you to how much weight you should place on their accusations. This article is at best an anti-science diatribe posing as a well researched op ed piece. I’m laughing at the thought.

The results of true scientific research are overwhelming that acidification, because of greater CO2 being absorbed by the oceans, is affecting all life that relies on carbonate to build shells as well as the coral reefs.

The scientific method, the best way for mankind to determine how things work, is in the crosshairs of the people who equate science to anti-religion...fact vs faith, and findings vs money. Sometimes the misinformation is espoused for political or economical gain. The oil companies certainly see it as a threat to their livelihood, not global warming but new alternative power sources. Within our lifetimes I hope to see the human race abandon fossil fuels, it is already happening.

In the early 1900’s the horse buggy industry employed thousands of workers, all scoffed at the idea of horseless carriages. Today a similar thing is happening and those standing to lose the most are fighting tooth and nail to hold on to their ever threatened way of life.

Science doesn’t care if you believe in it or not, it just is and the naysayers will be just another footnote in history
of how some humans prefer to stick their heads in the sand rather than to face reality.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-03-2016, 12:01 PM
Alternately being told that my username, then password, then username, rinse-repeat, isn't being accepted! Not just Skype, but Yahoo mail, too. Sometimes it'll work if I hit the windows icon, but not the tab from the start menu, and sometimes vice-versa! Blink wtf

That shit has NEVER been changed!

05-03-2016, 12:05 PM
(05-03-2016 12:01 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Alternately being told that my username, then password, then username, rinse-repeat, isn't being accepted! Not just Skype, but Yahoo mail, too. Sometimes it'll work if I hit the windows icon, but not the tab from the start menu, and sometimes vice-versa! Blink wtf

It's demons. Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-03-2016, 12:13 PM
(05-03-2016 12:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-03-2016 12:01 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Alternately being told that my username, then password, then username, rinse-repeat, isn't being accepted! Not just Skype, but Yahoo mail, too. Sometimes it'll work if I hit the windows icon, but not the tab from the start menu, and sometimes vice-versa! Blink wtf

It's demons. Wink

IKR! Facepalm

They're in league with my cat, I tells ya! Confused

[Image: 792808736573388972.png]
Not my real cat! Tongue

My lap must not have been properly prepared for her rest, cuz she pissed on me last night! Like wtf, Squeak, dayum!

rant rumble rant grumble Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
05-03-2016, 08:54 PM
Sofa shopping.

05-03-2016, 10:04 PM
(05-03-2016 08:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Sofa shopping.

You need to couch that in clear terms. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-03-2016, 10:32 PM

What, you have to drive to the mall, hike through that crusty white stuff in your Uggs, tramp around the entire mall, lower AND upper levels, looking at and feeling the textures of every article of clothing in the place?

Oh, you wanted a SOFA?!? Facepalm <Crawls back under rock>
05-03-2016, 10:55 PM
(05-03-2016 10:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  

You need to couch that in clear terms. Drinking Beverage

Again, stop that. You're just not punny. Tongue

05-03-2016, 10:56 PM
(05-03-2016 10:32 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

What, you have to drive to the mall, hike through that crusty white stuff in your Uggs, tramp around the entire mall, lower AND upper levels, looking at and feeling the textures of every article of clothing in the place?

Oh, you wanted a SOFA?!? Facepalm <Crawls back under rock>

What's an Ugg?

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post