Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-03-2016, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2016 04:40 PM by Hobbitgirl.)
RE: Ranting corner
Censored hell I found them. Censored stupid microsoft update.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2016, 04:03 PM
(06-03-2016 03:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm having a complete meltdown. The folder on my computer that had ALL OF MY DAUGHTERS PHOTOS IN IT is gone. Just gone. *wails.*

That's not good at all. I hope they show up.

*hugs*
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
06-03-2016, 04:39 PM
(06-03-2016 04:03 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 03:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm having a complete meltdown. The folder on my computer that had ALL OF MY DAUGHTERS PHOTOS IN IT is gone. Just gone. *wails.*

That's not good at all. I hope they show up.

*hugs*

I found them hidden in the computer.

This is the second weird thing thats happened since the microsoft update. I lost use of my touchpad as well. I hate this computer. lol
06-03-2016, 05:02 PM
(06-03-2016 02:16 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Moms, never talk about shoes again. Look what it does to the men folk around here.

Point taken.

(06-03-2016 02:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 01:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I once had a funeral for my red pumps. They were comfortable and just awesome. I went to three cobblers to try to have them repaired.

How in the heel is that even possible? Be like walking around on my toes all day. You must have calves the size of cantaloupes like the Mexican drug mules.

Oh, I was young and totally used to them. That said they were despite being pointy toe'd and pumps, really super comfortable. The weight was across the whole foot, so there wasn't any toe pressure. Also, I had a pretty big arch, so it also alleviated my knee pain.

(06-03-2016 02:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 01:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, I'm off with hubby to look for a new sofa and love seat.

I got a used $1500 3-piece leather sectional in excellent condition for $75 off craigslist. The nice rich bastards charged $75 just to make sure whoever bought it would use it and take care of it.

Ah, I wish I could do leather. But with the dog, it will never happen.

I did look on Craig's list. But didn't find anything we liked and the one thing I thought was possible smelled like cat pee. I saw it last week.

Anyway we found a two peice set, love seat and sofa at a good price. They'll deliver and for $30 bucks more, they'll take away the old stuff.

Best of all, it's coming tomorrow.

Hubby is annoyed with me, because he loves his chair. But agreed that we do need the extra seating. Plus I am keeping the old ottoman, even though it has a few tears in it from the dog.

Anyway the color is similar to what we already have, and same material which actually held up really well with dog, kids...etc.

Right now, I've been cleaning and moving excess furniture out of the way.

All this to avoid being humiliated when they pick up the old chair and find a ton of crap (ranging from dog toys, to food wrappers), from under hubby's chair. Facepalm

My side of the sofa has a hole in it,(under the cushion). so I used the cleaning tools.

Our old sofa had two huge cushions and the new one has three, I hope I don't end up spending hours each day fussing with it, like the sofa before this one.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-03-2016, 05:30 PM
That moment when you search Youtube for "Bob.wmv" but you find nothing. Stupid view counts and search parameters. I should have bookmarked that video ages ago.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
06-03-2016, 05:32 PM
(06-03-2016 04:39 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 04:03 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  That's not good at all. I hope they show up.

*hugs*

I found them hidden in the computer.

This is the second weird thing thats happened since the microsoft update. I lost use of my touchpad as well. I hate this computer. lol

Protip: Disable Windows Update. Always causes more bugs due to bugfixing.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
06-03-2016, 05:36 PM
(06-03-2016 05:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ah, I wish I could do leather. But with the dog, it will never happen.

Pffft. We got like 20 dogs. Leather is the only thing that can survive them. Fabric is done in a couple weeks.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-03-2016, 06:14 PM
(06-03-2016 05:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 05:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ah, I wish I could do leather. But with the dog, it will never happen.

Pffft. We got like 20 dogs. Leather is the only thing that can survive them. Fabric is done in a couple weeks.

I'll admit it, I can't trim my dog's nails. He argues when I've tried, but he resists it.

I don't worry that he'll bite me (he's a licker) but he will make it totally difficult and it takes three of us to hold him down.

We had a leather sofa years ago (we got it after the cat died from a friend when they moved), in no time it had tears from claws..he'd get all excited and jump on it. 70 pounds of dog with long nails.

I think that sofa only lasted a year or two.

This couch has lasted 10 years.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-03-2016, 06:18 PM
(06-03-2016 02:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 01:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, I'm off with hubby to look for a new sofa and love seat.

I got a used $1500 3-piece leather sectional in excellent condition for $75 off craigslist. The nice rich bastards charged $75 just to make sure whoever bought it would use it and take care of it.

I'd pay $75 just so I could cut the leather off and line the drawers of my wood carving tool chest. Gasp Cheaper than the felt that the tool box company sells, and you can vacuum the chips up. They just auger into the felt.
06-03-2016, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2016 06:26 PM by Fireball.)

Look in the "other pictures" folders. Sometimes I inadvertently move files. I see you found them, I was late to the party again. Windows 10 Automatically updated my computer and hosed up a bunch of stuff, but I was able to straighten it out in a couple minutes. My big annoyance with updates is that sometimes it whacks the music library in WinAmp, and I have to let it go and find all the music, again. This has happened about half a dozen times.