Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-03-2016, 05:51 AM
RE: Ranting corner
So I went to church yesterday. There were two police officers in the lobby. Preacher said another one of the churches in town had a dude with a Koran sitting in the back of the church and then went and hung out in the hallway a bit. He was politely told he couldn't hang out in the hallway, to either go to the restroom or go back in the sanctuary - large churches here take a lot of precautions to protect the children. They got his tag number and is traced back to a different county in an area with a goddamn ISIS cell. Fuckin A. I'm gonna be pissed as I lay dying if I get blown up in a church.

Oh. And mom has a man picked out for me - he works for the same company as her. She's actually pretty good at that sort of thing. However, she doesn't know I'm an atheist and dude is most certainly not. He's apparently really sweet and has a great sense of humor, smokin hot and in great shape, former football player for University of Alabama, and an aerospace engineer. This should be... interesting. Unsure

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2016, 06:22 AM
If he's an aerospace engineer he's obviously really smart. He could be an atheist too. Or at least not the overly Christian preachy types.
Plus aerospace engineer pays well right?

[Image: oscar.png]
07-03-2016, 06:42 AM
(07-03-2016 06:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If he's an aerospace engineer he's obviously really smart. He could be an atheist too. Or at least not the overly Christian preachy types.
Plus aerospace engineer pays well right?

Yes Six figures where Mom works...

Lecture_preist God is good all the time. All the time, God is good... Time to love me some Jesus Laugh out load

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
07-03-2016, 07:17 AM
I have a fucking flat tire on my first day to work. Gasp I can't fucking believe it! And what's worse is I think I did it myself.

I checked all the tires yesterday but when I went to put the stem cap on the left front it wouldn't get to a "firm" spot so I turned it a few extra times. My ex says I might have turned it too far and actually let the air out overnight. He's coming to help me now.

I had to call my boss and let her know I would be late on my first day. Needless to say I shed some tears. Sad
Sadcryface2

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
07-03-2016, 07:28 AM
(07-03-2016 07:17 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I have a fucking flat tire on my first day to work. Gasp I can't fucking believe it! And what's worse is I think I did it myself.

I checked all the tires yesterday but when I went to put the stem cap on the left front it wouldn't get to a "firm" spot so I turned it a few extra times. My ex says I might have turned it too far and actually let the air out overnight. He's coming to help me now.

I had to call my boss and let her know I would be late on my first day. Needless to say I shed some tears. Sad
Sadcryface2

That's nothing. Ever been delivered to a job on your first day in the back of a police car? I have. On my way there, an idiot in a Camaro totaled my car after he ran a stop sign. The job was at a Toys R Us.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
07-03-2016, 07:35 AM
(07-03-2016 07:28 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 07:17 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I have a fucking flat tire on my first day to work. Gasp I can't fucking believe it! And what's worse is I think I did it myself.

Sadcryface2

That's nothing. Ever been delivered to a job on your first day in the back of a police car? I have. On my way there, an idiot in a Camaro totaled my car after he ran a stop sign. The job was at a Toys R Us.

I don't see it as nothing. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
07-03-2016, 07:37 AM
(07-03-2016 07:35 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 07:28 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  That's nothing. Ever been delivered to a job on your first day in the back of a police car? I have. On my way there, an idiot in a Camaro totaled my car after he ran a stop sign. The job was at a Toys R Us.

I don't see it as nothing. Sad

Sounds like an accident. Not your fault.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
07-03-2016, 09:25 AM
So apparently I got a complaint today.

I've been working as a cashier at a home improvement store for over a year now and this is the first time I've gotten one. First in any job, actually.

Earlier, two ladys, one white, one black, came through the self checkout where I helped them. The white lady had a door and some paint items. The black lady had five large black containers. As per company policy, I had to lift all of the containers to ensure nothing was in them. I realize I failed to explain why exactly it needed to be done (I joked about making the camera people happy).

Once done, I finalized the black lady's transaction, then wished her a great day. I don't think I was anything short of pleasant the whole time, but that's my point of view.

Anyway, she later complained that I had profiled her because I didn't check her white friend's things (I did). I feel awful that I made her feel that way, but it was not my intention. I wish I could apologize to her and explain why things were done the way they were.

Now I feel bad. I don't judge people by how much melanin they have in their skin. We all bleed red.

Not many things dampen my spirit, and this hasn't, but it's certainly ruined my day :/

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
07-03-2016, 09:37 AM
I'm going to kill the dog.

i just want to sleep all night. Without being woken up 5x because he's either bored or just realized that he needs to poop or whatever.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-03-2016, 01:05 PM
(07-03-2016 09:37 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm going to kill the dog.

i just want to sleep all night. Without being woken up 5x because he's either bored or just realized that he needs to poop or whatever.

I'll take him.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel