Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-03-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(17-03-2016 01:47 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've been diagnosed with major depression. yay.

Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2016, 10:16 PM
So I took my dog for his nightly "sniff" (which technically means walk, but he never walks he just sniffs the ground -- hence the term).

So we're walking along and there's a big turkey in the road.

The dog looks at me...sniffing the air...he was actually doing his circle thing to poop when he saw it...

He was like, "the fuck is that?! Is it eat?!"

Needless to say there was no poop. Damn thing ruined the moment.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-03-2016, 06:01 AM
(17-03-2016 01:47 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've been diagnosed with major depression. yay.

Hug me, too

Drugs help. So does finding a way to vent - coping mechanisms. Getting sunlight. Exercise. Making pretty things.

It can be tough with a little one and limited financial resources. Scrape together some pennies and get a used jogging stroller off of Craig's List and get outside with Baby Hobbit. Or spend a few dollars on a yoga mat - plenty of free videos on YouTube, no need to pay for a class.

Embroidery. Sew some pretty napkins and pillows, embellish baby clothes.
http://www.sublimestitching.com and http://www.urbanthreads.com are my favorites for patterns.

It's just a few dollars at Michael's for multipurpose paper for drawing and watercolor. Just a few dollars for charcoals, water colors, paintbrushes. Get Baby Hobbit some washable fingerpaints and do art together. Make homemade play dough for her and get some modeling clay for you. Colored pencils or the fun watercolor pencils and an adult coloring book for you (I don't mean adult like adult films, just pretty patterns meant for big people) and a kid one for Hobbit.

Terra cotta pots are CHEAP. So are seeds and the pleasure from getting your hands dirty and watching them grow. Gives you something to look forward to... Get some acrylic paints and paint them. I like to start my seeds in the Jiffy tomato greenhouse and then move them over to the terra cotta pots after a few weeks. This year I've painted some new ones, including glitter and glow in the dark puff paint. Tacky, maybe. But it was fun and makes me smile. My parents figured out recently how much gardening helps me and how bad things have been. Dad is having me come down after work tomorrow - because the ground has been too wet to make progress with prepping the field, he's building me a greenhouse today. They're getting chickens this year and next year we're putting cows back on my grandmother's farm.

This is how I cope with my current hell. Even now I don't always make it out of bed (chances are good if I'm posting more on here I'm wrapped in a blanket in my bed, winter doesn't help). Not sure about today. I have to get out of bed tonight, though, for work. Also doesn't help that I make stupid decisions and stayed at my ex boyfriend's house last night...

"Just keep swimming" - Finding Nemo

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
18-03-2016, 11:43 AM
Fucking Earmuffs -- little bastard got into my head and now I'm craving kfc and Vanilla Coke.

Fuck my life....

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-03-2016, 11:48 AM
(18-03-2016 11:43 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fucking Earmuffs -- little bastard got into my head and now I'm craving kfc and Vanilla Coke.

Fuck my life....

KFC I can understand but if you are craving vanilla coke then Earmuffs must have really fucked with your head because that stuff is obnoxious.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
18-03-2016, 11:49 AM
(18-03-2016 11:48 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 11:43 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fucking Earmuffs -- little bastard got into my head and now I'm craving kfc and Vanilla Coke.

Fuck my life....

KFC I can understand but if you are craving vanilla coke then Earmuffs must have really fucked with your head because that stuff is obnoxious.
Silence, you. Or I'll use more of these. (^_^)
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
18-03-2016, 11:51 AM
(18-03-2016 11:49 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 11:48 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  KFC I can understand but if you are craving vanilla coke then Earmuffs must have really fucked with your head because that stuff is obnoxious.
Silence, you. Or I'll use more of these. (^_^)

Fuck you you evil bastard.Big Grin

Where's Hobbitgirl when you need her? She thinks that you are an evil twat too.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
18-03-2016, 11:52 AM
(18-03-2016 11:48 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  

Fuck my life....

No shit.

It is just awful. I think I'll just go with a Dr Pepper instead (I tend to like it better than cherry Coke).

18-03-2016, 11:53 AM
(18-03-2016 11:51 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 11:49 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Silence, you. Or I'll use more of these. (^_^)

Fuck you you evil bastard.Big Grin
Sorry. I didn't mean to over do it. It's just that I really love vanilla coke.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
18-03-2016, 11:59 AM
(18-03-2016 11:53 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 11:51 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Fuck you you evil bastard.Big Grin
Sorry. I didn't mean to over do it. It's just that I really love vanilla coke.

Let's face it, someone has to like that shit.

I prefer Irn Bru (pronounced Iron Brew). The makers insist that it's made from girders.

I also like Tizer and Dandelion and Burdock but they are difficult to get hold of these days.