Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-03-2016, 08:47 PM
RE: Ranting corner
It bothers me I can't grow a big bushy beard.
I really wanna sit at my computer watching some tv combing a big bushy beard with a tiny comb.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2016, 08:53 PM
(21-03-2016 08:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It bothers me I can't grow a big bushy beard.
I really wanna sit at my computer watching some tv combing a big bushy beard with a tiny comb.

Get some Rogaine and smear it on your face.
21-03-2016, 09:27 PM
(21-03-2016 08:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It bothers me I can't grow a big bushy beard.

Try a merkin.

https://www.google.com/search?q=merkin&i...8&oe=utf-8 Tongue
21-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Nooooooo I don't wanna go in to work. I'm sitting in the parking lot. Got called in for 2300.

Call sucks ass.

Too bad they can't just oh, I dunno, fully staff the department. Then there wouldn't be call shifts with mandatory overtime. Fuck upper level management.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
22-03-2016, 03:01 AM
So my grandma visited today. Inc rant.

A while back my mom, against my wishes, told my grandparents that I was an atheist.

And so, while I love my grandma, it's becomming a little annoying when she comes over. Which is horrible to say, especially since she isn't in the best of health (has to breathe with a trache, and while she's in her 70s, she looks closer to 90). So I know I should be spending more time with her.

The problem is, she'll jump straight to telling me that Jesus loves me, he died for me, he wants me to believe etc. She becomes very emotional and begs me over and over to come to church. It's all she wants to talk to me about. She struggles enough just to talk, it's even worse when she's crying. I know it hurts her, and I really wish my mom never told her. I can't say no to her, but I don't go to church anyway (I usually work this day so most of the time I can't), which hurts her more.

I feel awful for her, because I know she is sincerely concerned, but I can't just deny myself, or bring myself to tell her why I believe the way I do (which will breaks her heart even more).

-sigh-

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
22-03-2016, 03:08 AM
(22-03-2016 03:01 AM)Loom Wrote:  So my grandma visited today. Inc rant.

A while back my mom, against my wishes, told my grandparents that I was an atheist.

And so, while I love my grandma, it's becomming a little annoying when she comes over. Which is horrible to say, especially since she isn't in the best of health (has to breathe with a trache, and while she's in her 70s, she looks closer to 90). So I know I should be spending more time with her.

The problem is, she'll jump straight to telling me that Jesus loves me, he died for me, he wants me to believe etc. She becomes very emotional and begs me over and over to come to church. It's all she wants to talk to me about. She struggles enough just to talk, it's even worse when she's crying. I know it hurts her, and I really wish my mom never told her. I can't say no to her, but I don't go to church anyway (I usually work this day so most of the time I can't), which hurts her more.

I feel awful for her, because I know she is sincerely concerned, but I can't just deny myself, or bring myself to tell her why I believe the way I do (which will breaks her heart even more).

-sigh-

Hug

So sorry. That must be very difficult for you both. I don't know what your mom was thinking, didn't she know how it would worry your grandmother to know? Was she hoping to guilt you back into the fold? Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
22-03-2016, 03:17 AM
(22-03-2016 03:08 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 03:01 AM)Loom Wrote:  So my grandma visited today. Inc rant.

-sigh-

Hug

So sorry. That must be very difficult for you both. I don't know what your mom was thinking, didn't she know how it would worry your grandmother to know? Was she hoping to guilt you back into the fold? Sad
I honestly don't know why she did it.

She does tend to vent about the 'bad' qualities of us kids to her side of the family. I never should have came out had I known my mom would 'vent' about it. I want my atheism to stay within my immediate family, until I move out. Then I may consider opening up.

I don't want to cause my grandma any more suffering and undue worry. I've contrmplated lying to her, but then I'll feel worse about it.

[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
22-03-2016, 06:37 AM
And fck...just learned this morning my grandma has skin cancer.....

22-03-2016, 08:14 AM
(22-03-2016 03:17 AM)Loom Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 03:08 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Hug

I honestly don't know why she did it.

She does tend to vent about the 'bad' qualities of us kids to her side of the family. I never should have came out had I known my mom would 'vent' about it. I want my atheism to stay within my immediate family, until I move out. Then I may consider opening up.

I don't want to cause my grandma any more suffering and undue worry. I've contrmplated lying to her, but then I'll feel worse about it.

We all tend to lie sometimes. It can help avoid trouble. I went to Iowa with my wife in September. The whole time we were there, I tried not to mention being an atheist. The second to last day, my own wife outed me. The response was "We knew there was something we liked about him.". I was shocked. It could have turned out bad in that part of the country.
22-03-2016, 08:15 AM
Sorry to hear about that. IMO, you shouldn't lie about your atheism, especially now that the cat is out of the bag. The work it took to get free is to precious to throw away. I know how I feel when I lie, even to myself.